Hey, just wondering if anyone would review the upcoming audio technica ATH-ADG1 and AG1, the latter being the closed version.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1333
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19982 of 379621/13/14 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by denois
Hello everyone, I'll be buying my first audiophile grade headphones and I need advice.
I narrowed my options down to the X1 and the MA900. They are at a similar price range where I'm getting them from since I have to import them. I'll be getting either a Soundblaster Z or a Xonar DG(X) with them. I'll mostly be using it for gaming (%50), movies and music (%25 and %25 each). I listen to a very wide range of music and while I enjoy a good amount of bass, I wouldn't consider myself a basshead. I like to have good directional audio as I play FPS games quite often however I'm also into single player RPG games so immersion is a big factor as well.
Additional notes: MA900's build quality is a bit of a put off for me but if they are as comfortable as everybody claims they are then that's a fair compromise. X1's look really sexy however the non-replaceable ear pads concern me as I don't know how long they're going to last.
So which headphone would be the best for me?
Guys, I realize this may have been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I know it's really subjective, but given my considerations and the similar prices, can anybody help out? (I bought the SBZ)post #19983 of 379621/13/14 at 6:21amHey, just wondering if anyone would review the upcoming audio technica ATH-ADG1 and AG1, the latter being the closed version.
They've only been released in Australia so far I believe, and there are precious few reviews of them from down under. Wait till the global release.Guys, I realize this may have been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I know it's really subjective, but given my considerations and the similar prices, can anybody help out? (I bought the SBZ)
I have the SBZ with the X1 and they pair really well. I've not heard the MA900, but as you'll have read here, you can't go wrong with them. Don't worry about the non-replaceable pads on the X1- keep it on a headstand and they'll last a long time.post #19984 of 379621/13/14 at 7:39amThread StarterI got a little too spoiler tag happy, and forgot to end the last one o the 1840 review, which is why everything is hidden in the last 1840 spoiler tag.
I'll fix it asap.
My phone keeps crashing before I edit, so... should be fixed soonish.
If any of you own the MA900 and want more bass... just get the 1840 pads. The MA900 rumbles like a closed headphone. Still sounds good for competitive gaming, though obviously not as good as the stock pads. Still, the comfort boost is amazing. I could see me using the pads for everything except music.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/14 at 7:41ampost #19985 of 379621/13/14 at 7:51am
Hey guys I just bought the beyerdynamic dt990 pro's and am looking to hook it up to my ps4. I have a yamaha receiver with silent cinema but I am thinking that I will need more power to have them sound like I would like them to. Is there an amp that allows me to get dolby 5.1(7.1) to my headphones from the ps4? I know the Astro mixamp is popular but I don't think it's going to have enough power for them. Any suggestions?post #19986 of 379621/13/14 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by JBrown2272
Hey guys I just bought the beyerdynamic dt990 pro's and am looking to hook it up to my ps4. I have a yamaha receiver with silent cinema but I am thinking that I will need more power to have them sound like I would like them to. Is there an amp that allows me to get dolby 5.1(7.1) to my headphones from the ps4? I know the Astro mixamp is popular but I don't think it's going to have enough power for them. Any suggestions?
I'd recommend trying them with your receiver first, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.post #19987 of 379621/13/14 at 10:03am
Does anyone know if you can get sound out from a OUYA console through usb..my monitor has no speakers, I use dac amp and speakers and my headset. thinking of getting one!
Edited by martin vegas - 1/13/14 at 10:05ampost #19988 of 379621/13/14 at 12:04pm
Thanks for the reply. Yes that would be awesome if the receiver will work for them. It will definitely save me some money. I don't mind spending the money to make them sound good but if I don't have to then that's fine by me as well.post #19989 of 379621/13/14 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Change is Good
It all depends on which kind of surround sound you prefer. The mixamp has Dolby Headphone while the Recon 3D has THX TruStudio Pro. Check the videos provided on the front of the guide and make your choice based on that. Don't let one of us make the decision for you...
By the way, Mad, I see (as others have mentioned) that the surround sound processors section is missing/deleted... in case you didn't notice that when they mentioned it. And also, thanks for returning everything safe and sound :)
Thanks for the post! I think the Dolby Headphone sounds better, MixAmp it is then! Wondering which amp to throw into the mix now with the Beyerdynamic 990 Pro's + MixAmp, the Fiio E12 or the Schiit Magni. The E12's nice and portable but the Magni can be very easily paired up with the Modi to offer a nice AMP/DAC for non gaming use.... hmmm.... Although Ill probably have to setup an additional ac adapter at my desk so the Magni can easily travel between my PS3 and desktop area.post #19990 of 379621/13/14 at 12:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
FiiO probably could NOT use CMSS-3D or SBX ProStudio, I doubt Creative would license this to a competitor... But who knows? DH isn't my personal 1st place favourite, but I do like it and use it, pretty much everyone here would be happy with DH2 processing. A few of us here thought FiiO was already doing this when your company announced the D5 DAC, but it wasn't what we had hoped (5.1 to 2.0 headphone virtual surround processor and DAC).
Edited by motorwayne - 1/13/14 at 1:00pmpost #19991 of 379621/13/14 at 1:58pm
About to buy creative aurvana live 1! or skullcandy slyr, mic dependent. Just before i do, can i ask why the Creative aurvana live! 2 are not reviewed or recommended as much? They look more sturdy than the CAL 1.post #19992 of 379621/13/14 at 2:00pmpost #19993 of 379621/13/14 at 2:02pmpost #19994 of 379621/13/14 at 2:15pmQuote:
They're inferior in sound quality and cost more.post #19995 of 379621/13/14 at 2:15pmThread StarterI have yet to hear any virtual surround give the sense of space that DH does. Yes, it's the one to sound LEAST like a headphone, and more like sounds are coming from everywhere, especially when it comes to rear positional cues. SBX would be my second choice.
The only one I personally felt to do it better was Beyerdynamic's Headzone, which sounded just as open, and less processed. That baby doesn't come cheap.
SBX, THX TS, etc all have very good surround emulation, but they sound like headphones being expanded. I'm still aware of what I'm wearing when I listen to those demos. DH's effect is quite different.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/14 at 2:18pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Entry-level USB DAC for Laptop Setup? (HiFimeDIY 9018 vs SMSL... 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 10 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 12 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 15 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear