- 16,362 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1324post #19846 of 373631/10/14 at 1:43amThread StarterThe K712/K702.65 would BE a fantastic music headphone as well. Really...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19847 of 373631/10/14 at 1:45amQuote:
Considering the music genres that Evs mentioned I'd have to agree... if he has the same taste.post #19848 of 373631/10/14 at 1:46amThread Starter@JamesFiiO
Seriously, I have been a Fiio fan since picking up the E5 as my very first amp.
E5, E7, E9, E9K, E17, E12, D3, D03K
I have owned all of these, MULTIPLE times for some.
I would be first in line for an equivalent to the E17 with Dolby Headphone virtual surround capabilities. (DH2)
I have been waiting to recommend a Dolby headphone dac/amp that would also work for non-gaming applications when turning DH off.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/10/14 at 1:47ampost #19849 of 373631/10/14 at 1:54am
+1 on the E17 similarity but without the rechargeable battery, please (strictly USB powered like the mixamp, Recon USB, DSS, etc). I think we all would prefer more internal room for better performance...
Edited by Change is Good - 1/10/14 at 1:55ampost #19850 of 373631/10/14 at 1:56amQuote:
Of course, I just meant a headset where I could remove the requirement of also being used for gaming.post #19851 of 373631/10/14 at 1:59amThread StarterI still don't understand what you're implying. The K712/K702 65 aren't headsets, they are headPHONES aimed for music, that also work extremely well for gaming. So, regardless of whether if it was for gaming or music, they would fit incredibly well for either purpose. Don't understand what you mean by removing the requirement. hey don't come with a microphone, so it's not like you're limited by them in any shape or form. You'd have to find an external mic, sure, but that's it.
Or am I just reading your posts wrong?
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/10/14 at 2:00ampost #19852 of 373631/10/14 at 2:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I still don't understand what you're implying. The K712/K702 65 aren't headsets, they are headPHONES aimed for music, that also work extremely well for gaming. So, regardless of whether if it was for gaming or music, they would fit incredibly well for either purpose. Don't understand what you mean by removing the requirement. hey don't come with a microphone, so it's not like you're limited by them in any shape or form. You'd have to find an external mic, sure, but that's it.
Or am I just reading your posts wrong?
I think he's just basically saying he wants two headPHONES lol (but mistakenly using the word headset). One for strictly gaming and one for music...
The again I could be reading it wrong, too...post #19853 of 373631/10/14 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560. Open Planarmagnetics for a realistic price are back, baby.
the 400i weighs almost 100g less than the 400, and has a new headband design and pads. I wonder what changes in sound it will have. Hopefully more upper mids, and way less treble.
I very much miss the planarmagnetic sound, and it'd be what I'd go back to if I was gonna spend so much again...
Woah! Looking for my avatar picture (to crop it), I came across a forgotten gem in my camera roll, here's a sneak-peak screenshot:
It's 18 minutes long, and I spend waaaay too much time playing with cupping my hands near the earcups, so it would need a fair amount of editing but maybe I can post a much-belated video reviewing the older HE400!Quote:Much agreed, my Q701 was beyond good to where it gives me pleasant shivers down my spine when the music really just "gets" to me, no other headphone (except the K712, which is broadly similar but slightly improved) has made my feet bop or feel euphoric the way the Q701 does often. I was actually kinda bored with music just before I got the AD700 and switched to the Q701. A lot to love there.Quote:True, this is a good place, but I bet James doesn't read this thread. I'd post it over, but I'm already being a dumb-dumb staying up this late with an 8 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow.Originally Posted by Change is Good
Not that I know of. Feel free to do so (if you're up to it) and give a link to my post. I want him directed straight to this thread, so he can see the kind of investment this would be... and at the same time he can check some of Mad's reviews on the competition.
Plus, this would be the perfect place for them to get suggestions on what we are looking for in this device.post #19854 of 373631/10/14 at 2:07ampost #19855 of 373631/10/14 at 2:16amQuote:
I just don't want any noise interference (similar to the E12 and E18) when plugged in while listening... that's really my reason, actually...post #19856 of 373631/10/14 at 2:18amQuote:
HD650 sounded overall leaner and less warm/bassy than the K712. It sounded sort of like a more refined X1, but slightly warmer, a much more obvious midrange focus, a smaller soundstage, and lacking the "fun" bass boost and hint-of-treble-sparkle traits (so "n" shaped in comaparison). So yeah, kinda of boring IMO.
I tend to find "n" shaped headphones a little boring (same with HD5xx).
Edited by chicolom - 1/10/14 at 2:19ampost #19857 of 373631/10/14 at 2:27ampost #19858 of 373631/10/14 at 2:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Change is Good
@JamesFiiO, can you please manufacture a device (with a Dolby Headphone processor and chat capability) that will blow the other competition away?!? I know you can do it! I mean, you are FiiO!!!
Everyone who agrees quote me with a +1
That should grab they're attention
BTW, I think James might be away right now because he had underwent an operation. FWIR the operation was succesful (), but I think he might be away in recovery right now...
Maybe do that ^ again but with the other FiiO rep as well.post #19859 of 373631/10/14 at 2:30amThread Starterpost #19860 of 373631/10/14 at 2:31am
Yes, apologies, was poor choices in words, was just implying trying other sounding headphones in the future!
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex THX-00 Mahogany MINT SHAPE $315 including shipping and... 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › i-Fi SPDIF iPurifier impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear