what amp should i get for the dt 990 pro
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1293
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19382 of 3743712/25/13 at 2:53pmpost #19383 of 3743712/25/13 at 2:58pmQuote:
ok Ill consider that I heard I'm supposed to look at a desktop amp though
also I'm still new to headphones and I just realized the dt 990s have been out for a really long time so are these still viable for more years from now
Edited by xela3 - 12/25/13 at 3:19pmpost #19384 of 3743712/25/13 at 3:29pmpost #19385 of 3743712/25/13 at 3:32pmQuote:
I think you need an amp to drive them properly since they have an impedance of 150ohm, and if it's not mind blowing then is deff not worth it, they almost 300$post #19386 of 3743712/25/13 at 4:02pmQuote:
The Omni has a good amp, it can drive up to 600ohm cans lol They sound really good, doesn't mean they have to be mindblowing...post #19387 of 3743712/25/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
Highly recommended game. Excellent game to play with a group of friends. I have over 1k hours on this game and it's a ton of fun. It's also a great game to test out the soundstage and imaging/positional accuracy of your headphones. Get it while it's still free...
Edited by cheuh - 12/25/13 at 7:10pmpost #19388 of 3743712/25/13 at 5:24pmpost #19389 of 3743712/25/13 at 5:31pmpost #19390 of 3743712/25/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
He's a saint... so he can hear through everything...post #19391 of 3743712/25/13 at 8:24pmpost #19392 of 3743712/25/13 at 8:28pmQuote:
You'd need an amp for those headphones to run between them and the Mixamp. The x70x do so enjoy power.post #19393 of 3743712/25/13 at 8:31pmThread StarterWorst case scenario, you can play with the K702 and Mixamp alone without voice chat, but if you're just gonna do that, don't bother with the K702, as you're effectively throwing your money away and barely tapping into the K702 potential. You'd do better with a 598+Mixamp alone if not getting an external amp.
The 2013 Mixamp also tends to be a little hissy.post #19394 of 3743712/25/13 at 8:40pm
Appreciate the fast replies!
In that case would getting a Fiio E07K solve the issue? Also is the mixamp necessary to produce surround sound or would getting the razer surround program do the job?
Edited by Javizbot - 12/25/13 at 8:42pmpost #19395 of 3743712/25/13 at 8:49pmThread StarterAbsolutely not. The E07k is much too weak. The K702 is a ***** to drive, and needs a proper DESKTOP amp to power.
One thing to understand, power doesn't stack. You need a substantial boost in power to drive a headphone past what the Mixamp does. Simply chaining two portable amps (Mixamp+E07k) does not equate to twice the power.
Don't bother with the K702 unless you have at LEAST the E9K (and that's not even what I consider a proper pairing). More powerful would be even better. Don't half ass it with the K702.
Any homework done on the K702 would easily let you know that it's one of the hardest headphones to drive.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/25/13 at 8:56pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 47 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need a little help/suggestions on a full size desktop DAC/AMP 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Oneplus Bullets V2 - Opinions 3 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear