- 16,417 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1250post #18736 of 3880012/6/13 at 11:41amThread StarterThe Stax was a bit colder when driven by the T.G.Lee.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18737 of 3880012/6/13 at 11:49ampost #18738 of 3880012/6/13 at 12:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by SaLX
This is a quote from a thread here re: the Corsair Vengeance. It's no great performer by any means (I had one on loan for a bit), however this is interesting:
These days, do we find it so hard to believe that a USB soundcard can sound good? And given the above statement regarding the specific tuning of the soundcard to the headset.. well.. who knows? I'm out of here.........
It sounds plausible, but in practice, it usually just winds up being marketing hype...and there's no way in hell I'm giving up A3D/EAX support for the classics, not until someone can effectively emulate the DSP and pipe the output through any audio device.
Even with those aside, I'm extremely skeptical they'd have anything on an MA900 + CMSS-3D Headphone for positional audio, let alone my old Stax SR-Lambda + SRM-T1 setup.Quote:
Not bad, but I found a bowl of Crunchy Bunches to make a better match.
(Leave it to one of my friends to introduce me to webcomics parodying cereal mascots...)post #18739 of 3880012/6/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by derbigpr
I know it uses Dolby Headphone, but it uses something else as well, it uses more processing because this sounds way better than just regular dolby headphone. I know that because the sound changes when I start some video material with several channels. For example, If I'm listening to music in foobar2000, and then I start a blu-ray in some other program, the sound of music in foobar drastically changes, on top of already being changed by having the surround enabled. I'm telling you, I know what dolby is, I've owned 10,000 dollars worth of headphones in the last 3 years and ALL of them went trough the process of gaming and watching movies using my Asus ST as a sound card with dolby headphone enabled, so I know exactly how dolby headphone changes the sound, and this Logitech's processing is superior.
As for increasing the detail, resolution, and makes things sound more real, yes, that is exactly what it does. I don't know why you find that difficult to accept, because the very point of these headphone related DSP's is to make the headphones sound...more REAL, and it actually makes the sounds sound more real. Its the most realistic feeling I've gotten so far with any sort of surround sound processing.
The point of a DSP is to process a signal, and every time you digitally process and alter the signal your are losing some information from the original. The nature of altering a signal can only be a destructive process in regards to the original information (in terms of bits).
Now, if the processing is done well enough, it's possible to minimize some of those negative effects to the resolution and still deliver whatever the benefits of the DSP are (surround sound in this case). A bad DSP however can be sort of equivalent to taking a photo and then slapping a bunch of dirty instagram filters on it. So, to be able to process a signal, add in surround sound, AND simultaneously improve upon the detail/resolution/etc from the original signal all simultaneously seems a bit farfetched. That's why it's hard to believe. Of course I want to believe you (we all want better sound), but you'll understand why it sounds too good to be true.
Maybe you could try uninstalling the Logitech software that came with it and see if it still sounds the same? This would at least determine whether the processing was done in the USB hardware or from the logitech software.
Maybe you could also send it to MLE so he can review it?? It'd be good to add another decent budget headset option to the list (since there aren't that many on there), and also get a second opinion on your findings regarding this sound card(from someone who's impressions I trust). It's not that I DON'T trust your or anything (although I do remember you saying the Q701's soundstage/imaging was garbage at one point ). Regardless, for something like a surround sound DSP a second opinion would be appreciated since different DSPs can vary a lot in favorability from person to person with HRTFs and what not.
If it's as good as you say it is it, it would be worth it buying the G430 just to get the magical DSP of this USB card.Quote:
Edited by chicolom - 12/6/13 at 3:53pmpost #18740 of 3880012/6/13 at 2:53pmI am very happy to say that the X1 is the first headphone that does not cause me any discomfort after prolonged use.
Spend a few hours playing Most Wanted and what an immersive and comfy experience!
The sound signature really sings with games.
The big memory velour Earpads and comfy headband truly makes them disappear!
The first few minutes can be a bit itchy but it then goes away and once you are lost in a game, they disappear completely.
Sure I have to readjust them after a time, but it's like a whole hour before I gotta!
The bass is more pronounced in games than with music it seems (which is true in general with DH I guess?) which is also good as I thought it'd be quite a.bit more bassy.
Great separation and everything you need for games!
Once the stock cable is replaced, it should tighten up and crystallize even more.
If the pads were replaceable, that'd be awesome... I'd buy a bunch of these pads!
Headphone is beautiful and feels solid.
I probably prefer it slightly for games than music so it's good to have the MA900 too.
The comfort is impeccable though, it's a first for me.
If this is Philips last headphone entry, then hats off to them.
Overall, I'd say build is a solid 9/10, sound is an 8.5 (9 - games, 8 - music, may be subject to change). Comfort is a 9 and so is value IMO.
A solid 9+/10 in my book.
Really happy with these as an all-round multi purpose headphone.
MA-900 gets a 9 too (sound 9, comfort 8, build 8 , value 9)
W1000X gets a 7 - 8 here. It's beautiful and sounds good, but kinda pales in comparison to these IMO... For shame!
MA900 and X1 is similar in that they are very good, high quality headphones from a brand that'd be a bit surprising for me. I like Sony and Philips they make great TVs and other electronics but headphones?!
Oh well, I'd recommend owning both just because they are a tremendous value and exception in those Brands kinda.
You can also get them both for around $500 even in EU, which is not common with most HPs
Ok out. Cya tomorrow. Night night.post #18741 of 3880012/6/13 at 7:32pmpost #18742 of 3880012/6/13 at 7:36pmThread StarterRight IN THE review, I stated it makes the HD598 obsolete, and is superior in almost every way.
People just don't check.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/6/13 at 7:38pmpost #18743 of 3880012/6/13 at 7:47pmpost #18744 of 3880012/6/13 at 7:49pmpost #18745 of 3880012/6/13 at 8:05pm
Hi Mud Last Envy. I'm looking for a good gaming headphone that is under $15, is portable, has clips and is preferably silver in color.
Do you know of anything like that???
:(post #18746 of 3880012/6/13 at 8:06pmQuote:
I see my post was ignored :(
BUMP!!!post #18747 of 3880012/6/13 at 8:13pmpost #18748 of 3880012/6/13 at 8:14pmpost #18749 of 3880012/6/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
The mixamp is way overkill for that headphone.
I recommend the FiiO E5.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 second ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 57 seconds ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear