The DX mic works fine for me in Skype, but is very very quiet in COD Black Ops 2 and Ghosts even when I hold it up to my mouth. Any idea why it is not working?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1216
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18227 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:09ampost #18228 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:14amQuote:
They're ok, but not going to drive it to it's potential. Also the STX + E17/E12 would be a waste. The STX is just as powerful on it's own IIRC. Personally, I would grab a Xonar DG or DGX and one of the Audio-GD products.post #18229 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:19amQuote:
Ok thanks, which one would you pick for mostly (PC) gaming and some music/movies. AKG K702 or Q701 or K712 or K702 annies?post #18230 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:22amQuote:
If you got the Fiio E12, then you would not really need to buy an STX, the cheaper Xonar DX or D1 would do the job.
If you got the FiiO E17, then the you could get the cheaper Xonar DG or DGX.
Or a Creative Labs Sound blaster Z (SB1500, retail box) sound card, $100, on it's own, should, I would assume, drive the K702 decently.post #18231 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:27amQuote:
I have the Annies and they're wonderful. Judging from responses in this thread, the K712 is very similar. The Q701 is also similar, but it has the headband bumps and regular foam earpads. You can search around to see how much of a difference there is between them.post #18232 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:42amQuote:
hmm think I need to be abit cheap and skip k712/ annies and go for Q701 or k702. Even after looking around im still not sure which one of the two to take :Ipost #18233 of 3788711/22/13 at 11:50amQuote:
Another option for amping is soundcard --> optical --> FiiO D3 --> RCA --> Schiit Magni/Objective 2 amp.
Edited by Murder Mike - 11/22/13 at 11:51ampost #18234 of 3788711/22/13 at 12:15pmpost #18235 of 3788711/22/13 at 12:49pm
If the M50s had better soundstage i would buy them in a heartbeat but unfortunately thats not the case. Im not looking for a massive soundstage, just one where its relatively easy to pinpoint where footsteps are coming from in Counter-Strike for example. The M50s seem almost perfect apart from the soundstage, they have exactly what i want judging by this guide. The bass, comfort, closed isolation and very sturdy build quality! Budget would be about $150.
So what would you recommend?post #18236 of 3788711/22/13 at 12:51pm
Think my final choise will be the K702 because you can swap out the cable if needed right ? And then a Asus Xonar DGX and lastly im not sure if i should take the Audio-GD NFB-11.32 or the Audio-GD NFB-15.32
Edited by Hoffen00 - 11/22/13 at 1:29pmpost #18237 of 3788711/22/13 at 1:40pm
If it was me I would get the stx on it's own with the headset and be happy with that..but that's just me..it's your choice my friend..either way it's going to sound good..the stx has got good sound,it uses a burr brown dac..you won't get any interference with the stx, it's not poorly shielded and the audio technica headset is spot on!
Edited by martin vegas - 11/22/13 at 1:47pmpost #18238 of 3788711/22/13 at 1:57pmpost #18239 of 3788711/22/13 at 2:04pmQuote:
No, the STX is a soundcard that has surround features (Dolby Headphone) and has a decent DAC and amping. If you're going to use the superior DAC/AMP, just get a cheap soundcard to provide the headphone surround.post #18240 of 3788711/22/13 at 2:04pm
Get the cheapest of cheap Xonar or OEM Sound Blaster Z or X-Fi then use optical out to your external Dac/Amp. All the digital processing is handled externally.
*Edit* Not quite quick enuff for an inb4 MM.
Kind of makes me wonder why we can't just buy the software to handle propriety Creative/Xonar stuff... or even a soundcard/standalone-like daughter board shorn of any analogue outs, just solely handling optical.
Edited by SaLX - 11/22/13 at 3:49pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › USB DAC/AMP combos to replace dead Yulong U100 (other than schitt... 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 9 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 10 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear