- 5,109 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1204post #18046 of 3795511/19/13 at 7:42am^ just plugged in my Z, let's see if it works. Creatives last gen THX TruStudio Pro was, IMO, on par or slightly better than DH positioning (your ears may vary), and it didn't have the reverb of DH which I didn't like either.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18047 of 3795511/19/13 at 7:43amQuote:
The 900X isolates quite well.
I use it while commuting a lot and at home it's a non-issue.
There is TV playing, PC humming, people talking and I find it isolates quite fine.
Not as well as the Pro 900 used to [I think, by memory] but decent isolation.
It doesn't leak at all too.post #18048 of 3795511/19/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Can someone answer his questions please, instead of just ignoring him?post #18049 of 3795511/19/13 at 7:54amQuote:
I wrote a lengthy response to his question, what you just quoted contains no question AND what I said before applies to what you quoted.post #18050 of 3795511/19/13 at 7:59ampost #18051 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:03amQuote:
Because they are not an all-rounder headphone?post #18052 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:13ampost #18053 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:14ampost #18054 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:16am
SoundBlaster Z > Magni > dt770: You'd have to use the headphone out in conjunction with the amp to get correct headphone surround. You wouldn't want to use the line outs, because as of now this new range of Sound Blasters would consider your headphones to be speakers. I've tried it and it sounds weird to me. The old X-Fi's did not do this (you could use the line-outs with headphones).
You could get away without that amp but it'd most certainly help - and somebody in the Z thread used a Magni via the headphone out and reported that there was no distortion. Please bear in mind this isn't an ideal solution but it worked for that guy. I'd try it without the amp first.
Razer Surround > Modi > Magni > dt770: Not as good as SBZ Pro or DH, but as you say it's not too shabby. It has however been criticised for poor overall SQ. Checkout The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio thread or the Creative Sound Blaster new série Z thread for more info/endless arguments .
SoundBlaster ZxR > dt770: ?? Same (ish) price as the above solutions. I'd go for this option myself.
Edited by SaLX - 11/19/13 at 8:24ampost #18055 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:16ampost #18056 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:17amThat was a reply to slog, Spooky specifically asked about the MA900 and the dark side of the moon album. He didn't ask about beyers. The STX is a decent option but people complain about driver support, the hot gaming soundcards for PC right now (with good drivers) are Creative's new Z line of soundblasters.
Nobody was being ignored.post #18057 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:19ampost #18058 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:22ampost #18059 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:25amQuote:
I think the bass might be comparable to the DT770.
Hard to say if there is more or less.post #18060 of 3795511/19/13 at 8:58am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 24 seconds ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 2 minutes ago
- › PRICE OF LPG 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear