- 4,977 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1204post #18046 of 3740011/19/13 at 7:42am^ just plugged in my Z, let's see if it works. Creatives last gen THX TruStudio Pro was, IMO, on par or slightly better than DH positioning (your ears may vary), and it didn't have the reverb of DH which I didn't like either.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18047 of 3740011/19/13 at 7:43amQuote:
The 900X isolates quite well.
I use it while commuting a lot and at home it's a non-issue.
There is TV playing, PC humming, people talking and I find it isolates quite fine.
Not as well as the Pro 900 used to [I think, by memory] but decent isolation.
It doesn't leak at all too.post #18048 of 3740011/19/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Can someone answer his questions please, instead of just ignoring him?post #18049 of 3740011/19/13 at 7:54amQuote:
I wrote a lengthy response to his question, what you just quoted contains no question AND what I said before applies to what you quoted.post #18050 of 3740011/19/13 at 7:59ampost #18051 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:03amQuote:
Because they are not an all-rounder headphone?post #18052 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:13ampost #18053 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:14ampost #18054 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:16am
SoundBlaster Z > Magni > dt770: You'd have to use the headphone out in conjunction with the amp to get correct headphone surround. You wouldn't want to use the line outs, because as of now this new range of Sound Blasters would consider your headphones to be speakers. I've tried it and it sounds weird to me. The old X-Fi's did not do this (you could use the line-outs with headphones).
You could get away without that amp but it'd most certainly help - and somebody in the Z thread used a Magni via the headphone out and reported that there was no distortion. Please bear in mind this isn't an ideal solution but it worked for that guy. I'd try it without the amp first.
Razer Surround > Modi > Magni > dt770: Not as good as SBZ Pro or DH, but as you say it's not too shabby. It has however been criticised for poor overall SQ. Checkout The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio thread or the Creative Sound Blaster new série Z thread for more info/endless arguments .
SoundBlaster ZxR > dt770: ?? Same (ish) price as the above solutions. I'd go for this option myself.
Edited by SaLX - 11/19/13 at 8:24ampost #18055 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:16ampost #18056 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:17amThat was a reply to slog, Spooky specifically asked about the MA900 and the dark side of the moon album. He didn't ask about beyers. The STX is a decent option but people complain about driver support, the hot gaming soundcards for PC right now (with good drivers) are Creative's new Z line of soundblasters.
Nobody was being ignored.post #18057 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:19ampost #18058 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:22ampost #18059 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:25amQuote:
I think the bass might be comparable to the DT770.
Hard to say if there is more or less.post #18060 of 3740011/19/13 at 8:58am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless - Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › sound equipment help 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Titanium (open box) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear