or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 121

post #1801 of 37373

E9 + DT990 + Mixamp 5.8 will work fine

post #1802 of 37373

nice one thanks

post #1803 of 37373

I have a dumb question out there for anyone who's willing to answer it, I just need to know if I can improve SQ by improving my set up

 

right now I am gaming through my

 

PS3 with the HDMI hooked up to my Samsung TV

I have the TV's 3.5mm jack plugged into my E9's line in

and my HD-600 is connected

 

Am I doing this right?

post #1804 of 37373

Hmm...

 

You should connect always PS3 -> optical cable -> E9 -> HD-600

 

But seems you are not using mixamp, so maybe it doesn't matter at all :P

 

 

post #1805 of 37373
Quote:
Originally Posted by obazavil View Post

Hmm...

 

You should connect always PS3 -> optical cable -> E9 -> HD-600

 

But seems you are not using mixamp, so maybe it doesn't matter at all :P

 

 


The E9 doesn't have an optical cable input

 

 

post #1806 of 37373
Quote:
Originally Posted by VuongPham117 View Post




The E9 doesn't have an optical cable input

 

 


LOL

 

Yeah... you are right (I have my E9 here... too used to playing PS3 with mixamp)

 

Then you are cool with that config I guess...

 

But, you MUST get a MixAmp in a future :)

 


Edited by obazavil - 7/6/11 at 2:52pm
post #1807 of 37373
 @obazavil When you use your DT 990's, in what order is the setup like dt990-e9-mixamp-console. If that's right, what kind of cable connects the e9 to the mixamp (probably sounds like a silly question but I just don't know). Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Edited by afrocod - 7/6/11 at 6:58pm
post #1808 of 37373

A 3.5mm male to male cable runs from the E9 to the mixamp. Your headphone connects to the E9.

post #1809 of 37373
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayuma View Post

A 3.5mm male to male cable runs from the E9 to the mixamp. Your headphone connects to the E9.



Indeed. My setup is:

 

 

PS3 -> toslink (optical cable) -> MixAmp -> 3.5mm male to male -> E9 -> DT990

 

d_2009-10-14-13-7-16f_3_5mm-audio-extender-male-to-male-1.jpg

post #1810 of 37373
Quote:
Originally Posted by VuongPham117 View Post

I have a dumb question out there for anyone who's willing to answer it, I just need to know if I can improve SQ by improving my set up

 

right now I am gaming through my

 

PS3 with the HDMI hooked up to my Samsung TV

I have the TV's 3.5mm jack plugged into my E9's line in

and my HD-600 is connected

 

Am I doing this right?


You're better off hooking the PS3 to the E9 directly with the RCA cables that came with the PS3. Running the HDMI->TV->E9 will mean that you're double amping and you're not likely getting a line level out. Make sure to adjust your audio settings in the PS3 accordingly.

 

Also, the 3.5mm jacks on TVs are meant for headphones and not line-outs. This means that the most TVs will have that jack EQ'd for headphones and what you really want is a signal that isn't being EQ'd. If your TV does have RCA line-outs then use them, my Samsung Series5 has them and I use that for watching regular tv while using my old school receiver hooked up to some bookshelf speakers.


Edited by calpis - 7/7/11 at 1:57am
post #1811 of 37373
Quote:
Originally Posted by obazavil View Post





Indeed. My setup is:

 

 

PS3 -> toslink (optical cable) -> MixAmp -> 3.5mm male to male -> E9 -> DT990

 

d_2009-10-14-13-7-16f_3_5mm-audio-extender-male-to-male-1.jpg

Thank you sir and Ruyuma.
 

 

post #1812 of 37373

Is there a difference in directional cues/soundstage between each of the DT880 versions (32, 250, 600ohms) in first person shooters?


Edited by Nallows - 7/9/11 at 5:05pm
post #1813 of 37373
Thread Starter 
From experience of my friends on another forum, all 3 DT880s lack rear positioning in FPS. This comes from people who have owned different ohm versions at the same time. I've only owned the 32ohm, and a friend who owned the 32ohm and 600ohm said they sounded similar in most aspects, including not being the greatest at rear positioning. 250ohm/600ohm owner said the same. If FPS is a priority, I'd look elsewhere. Otherwise, the DT880 is probably the best headphone for overall use and balance with some slight emphasis on bass and treble.
post #1814 of 37373

I sold my Mixamp about 2 years ago, along with my AD700s, so I all I've been using is my crappy monitor's built in speakers. Sadly, my monitor died of old age, and it was time for a new gaming setup.  After a long time away from headphone gaming, I finally bought a Mixamp and a pair of KSC75s (just to tide me over till my HD598s arrive from J&R).

 

They're definitely the best bang for your buck gaming headphones in the market (the KSC75s). When I got them, I just stared at them for a while, wondering how to put them on my ears. The sound stage is pretty good, and front/ back are differentiated well enough. 

 

That said, I can't wait to hear what the HD598 sounds. Along with the Dell U2311h I ordered, it'll be gaming nirvana. Yet even after spending all this money I'm still thinking about what my next headphone purchase is going to be (probably something closed; dt770? a900s? idk). It kind of makes me miss having a tiny monitor and a fat wallet lol

 

 

post #1815 of 37373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

From experience of my friends on another forum, all 3 DT880s lack rear positioning in FPS. This comes from people who have owned different ohm versions at the same time. I've only owned the 32ohm, and a friend who owned the 32ohm and 600ohm said they sounded similar in most aspects, including not being the greatest at rear positioning. 250ohm/600ohm owner said the same. If FPS is a priority, I'd look elsewhere. Otherwise, the DT880 is probably the best headphone for overall use and balance with some slight emphasis on bass and treble.


I'm hoping that the stx control panel allows me to adjust the positioning to correct it.  However, in your original post you said the DT 770 pro 80 has the best directional sound out of any headset you tried.  Does this mean you can tell where a shot is coming from, but not whether it was high or far away?  Then for something like the k701 or ad700 you can tell both direction and depth/height?  Let's say someone is in a building on the 2nd floor.  Would it be easier to know they are on the 2nd floor with the k701/ad700 instead of the DT 770 pro 80?  


Edited by Nallows - 7/9/11 at 11:32pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)