- 16,360 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1150post #17236 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:39pmThread StarterGood luck, and I hope whatever you get suits you.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17237 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:49pmQuote:What's more comfortable about the X1? Better heat ventilation or something? (Again, I haven't tried the X1 myself, funkdoc)
Btw, I think the MA900 has slightly better imaging for the sensation of surround while gaming. You know, just to make the choice easier
And when I say the differences are small, I mean they are noticeable and would sway preferences, but the difference isn't like night and day (Beiber will still sound like a kid, etc)
Edited by Evshrug - 10/13/13 at 1:52pmpost #17238 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #17239 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:50pmpost #17240 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:52pmThread StarterLol, the headband padding on the X1 is infinitely superior than the Q701's bumps of doom. The X1's headband is probably my favorite outside of the Stax SR407 and MadDog comfort strap headbands.
I do prefer the Q701's pads over the X1 though. It breathes easier. I actually prefer their firmness over even the Annie's memory foam, which, like the X1, gets a little hotter. Overall though, I'll take the X1/Annie's pads with better headband, than the Q's better pads, and horrible headband.post #17241 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Lol, the headband padding on the X1 is infinitely superior than the Q701's bumps of doom. The X1's headband is probably my favorite outside of the Stax SR407 and MadDog comfort strap headbands.
I do prefer the Q701's pads over the X1 though. It breathes easier. I actually prefer their firmness over even the Annie's memory foam, which, like the X1, gets a little hotter. Overall though, I'll take the X1/Annie's pads with better headband, than the Q's better pads, and horrible headband.
Where I quoted you, you said the X1 was more comfortable than the K712... I was wondering if you knew something I didn't. With the newer K712 not having headband bumps, my only comfort gripe was solved.post #17242 of 3733010/13/13 at 1:56pmThread StarterHuh? Did I say that? I was referring the K712/Annie compare to the MA900, which I find more comfortable than everything else that isn't the KSC75.
And I do find the X1 more comfortable than the Annie (and I assume the K712), because the padding is better than than the padless headband on those AKGs. The pads are similar, however. Memory foam, that heat up just a little.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/13/13 at 1:57pmpost #17243 of 3733010/13/13 at 3:35pm
X1 is very comfortable. However, I can see the velour pads causing some heat issues in the warming months if your room is hot. Another issue some people have is that the felt(?) speaker covering can vibrate against your ears.
All that being said--I've been able to wear it for long periods of time with no discomfort.
The K712 pro surprised me...I thought that unpadded leather strap would be uncomfortable. It's not.post #17244 of 3733010/13/13 at 3:42pmHi lately I've been thinkng of upgrading from my HD558's and I wanted to know whats a good step up from them.
For what kinda sound I'm looking for I'm thinking of ether a more bassy sound (Since I listen to alot of high energy songs like rock metal and techno) or maybe something like my 558s only better I hear the AKG Q701's fit the latter.
Velour is a MUST since useing the HD 558s I can never go back to anything else.
I'm willing to pay $200 to $250. thank in advance.post #17245 of 3733010/13/13 at 3:43pmThread StarterSounds like the X1. The HD558 is a really solid pair of cans. I really like them. You might have to wait until they either go back doen to around $250, or buy them used.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 10/13/13 at 3:46pmpost #17246 of 3733010/13/13 at 4:00pmpost #17247 of 3733010/13/13 at 4:04pmThread StarterI find the 598 less pleasing than the 558... I wouldn't consider it an upgrade, more of a sidegrade with more mids, but similar sound otherwise. The 558 is more balanced to me, though slightly less detailed. It's easier to listen to the 558.post #17248 of 3733010/13/13 at 4:06pmpost #17249 of 3733010/13/13 at 4:13pmNot interested in the 598's since I hear there not that diffrent from the 558's.
And I do find the 558's awesome, they have served me well for music and gaming but I feel its time for something new. (Why do I have a feelling this is going to be a bad habit)post #17250 of 3733010/13/13 at 4:23pmThread Starter
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 seconds ago
- › 5th Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M2 - Lightly Used 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Buying iPhone 7: Bluetooth Headphones Recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear