go get it NOW and forget about everything else.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1111
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16652 of 383399/9/13 at 4:40amThread Starter
Lol, if only I could.
I'd be happy with a 900 duo.
TH-900 + MA-900.
Mitch, the Q701 is much better than the AD700 in terms of bass.post #16653 of 383399/9/13 at 4:48ampost #16654 of 383399/9/13 at 4:49amQuote:
Once the PS4 is out and has settled in, I will buckle down and play it.
It will be intense, but those types of games are some of the most exhilarating experiences you can have with headphones + virtual surround.Quote:
With their price drop, the ones on the FS forum have also dropped in price.post #16655 of 383399/9/13 at 4:53amThread StarterIf I could score the TH-900 for $800, sure, that's as much as I could throw at it.
On a 1-10 scale for quantity and presence (7 what I consider neutral bass):
old K701: 6
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/9/13 at 4:57ampost #16656 of 383399/9/13 at 4:58ampost #16657 of 383399/9/13 at 4:59amThread Starterpost #16658 of 383399/9/13 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
I guess it makes sense to call the MA900 a budget anniversary if your talking about it being a pretty balanced sounding headphone with a good soundstage that's good for gaming. I'm not sure I'd call the MA900 a "budget Anniversary" from a sound-wise perspective though, just because the MA900 doesn't sound all that much like the Anniversary. Sure they both have a pretty balanced signature, but they're still two different sounding headphones with different soundstages/presentations and different signatures. They sound as different as any other two headphones I've tried from two different makers, maybe a little more so because of the MA900's unique design which tends to give it a pretty unique sound.Quote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
They definitely do sound different. I'd rather call it the cheaper alternative to the Annie. Not a cheaper Annie. If anything, it's like a bridge between the HD650 and Q701 in terms of sound presentation. More so than the Annie.
Basically what I've said of the Mad Dogs vs the LCD2. A cheaper alternative.Quote:
Alright, fair point there guys.
A cheaper alternative definitely makes a lot more sense, sorry on my part.Quote:
Whatever you do, PLAY this game in the future or whenever you have the chance. I'm so sad that games aren't taking sound design seriously these days and when an indie dev actually does, I'm just floored. There's nothing groundbreaking visuals, story or gameplay wise. It's just how immersive it is, been a long time a horror title has been this good.post #16659 of 383399/9/13 at 5:05am
you have a M-Stage, I read alot about its synergy with certain headphones. How many AKG revisions does it take before you finally order your HD 800?
After I finish my Mixamp setup I'll start gaming again and will finish more than 3 games a year finally. I don't keep big backlogs, I just play less than I should and often I am too picky about immersion (free time, moment) so I just play a round of FIFA and be done with it. Last game I finished was Bioshock Infite, before that I played Max Payne 3 the second time. I love that game.
Edited by Fegefeuer - 9/9/13 at 5:09ampost #16660 of 383399/9/13 at 5:10am
Just curious how does the bass on the hd 600 and 598 fit on the scale
Edited by Mitchb2020 - 9/9/13 at 5:14ampost #16661 of 383399/9/13 at 5:16ampost #16662 of 383399/9/13 at 5:18amThread StarterQuote:
598: 6.75, but too much mids for me.
Never heard the 600
but the HD650: 7.75post #16663 of 383399/9/13 at 5:26amQuote:
not sure what you mean in the last bit of your sentance
the main reason i listen to the genre is for the instrumentals/beats which are amazing for example
i think i will go with the x1s
i guess for all music im more interested in the beat, hence my love for the hip hop and rap genre no matter how pretentious half of the artists are.
i should listen to more house
this realisation has made me decide on the x1s
Edited by Mitchb2020 - 9/9/13 at 5:29ampost #16664 of 383399/9/13 at 5:31amThread StarterSome of us told you to get the X1 what feels like ages ago, lol. It's a headphone almost everyone will love unless they're specific about wanting bass that is more natural.post #16665 of 383399/9/13 at 5:32amQuote:
What would your scale look like if it was based on bass quality? How would the orthodynamics's bass such as the LCD2 and HE-400 compare to the dynamics you listed above?
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 47 seconds ago
- › [FS] iFi iUSB Power + iPower 9V 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] iFi Gemini USB Cable 0.70m 7 minutes ago
- › Choice earphone like or better my Shure 940 headphone, help me,... 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear