- 4,993 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1099post #16471 of 374579/5/13 at 4:27pmThank goodness there isn't a smattering of gorgeous pictures populating the thread to seduce me. Well... Chico posted a few.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16472 of 374579/5/13 at 4:28pmpost #16473 of 374579/5/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
I'll just let Mad review them for ya when I get mine...post #16474 of 374579/5/13 at 4:38pmpost #16475 of 374579/5/13 at 4:41pm
Ugh, why did AKG have to make so many rehashes of the same thing? T_T
K 701 (8-bump)
K 702 65th Anniversary Edition
What's next, the K 777 77th Anniversary Edition, 77 ohms with a new revolutionary 77 pm diaphragm for €777.77 and only 77 are made?
Edited by miceblue - 9/5/13 at 4:48pmpost #16476 of 374579/5/13 at 4:44pmpost #16477 of 374579/5/13 at 6:40pmI think part of why we see rehashes is because they're already quite good, and as a brand they have a reputation to continue. If people are using them in the music industry for monitoring mixes (actually possible compared to some other "studio" headphones), then they actually have to be able to predict what sound they get and how to master the tracks.
I could go for a 250 ohm AKG.post #16478 of 374579/5/13 at 7:29pmQuote:That's still quite expensive for a dynamic set, and one that demands powerful amplification to boot...
I can only hope it's worth it.post #16479 of 374579/5/13 at 7:36pmThread Starterpost #16480 of 374579/5/13 at 9:37pmQuote:You mean like... A Sennheiser HD800 killer?
*scratches chin strap*
I mean, consider the quality jump from the HD650 to the 800 in the areas of soundstage and "unveiled," while not having fatiguingly bright treble (well, it is for some, but FWIR I surmise (guess) that it is less so than, say, the DT990. Imagine if AKG made a similar price-no-object headphone with similar gains in soundstage and transparency quality...
Which reminds me, what I SHOULD do instead of buying another headphone, find someone willing to trade or loan a DT880. I've wanted the exotic AKG for longer than I've been curious about the Beyerdynamics, but it's still on my audio shortlist as unheard. The one guy living nearby who offered to meet & share disappeared. Can't be more treble-fatiguing than the AD700, right? Anyone care to share impressions?
Edited by Evshrug - 9/5/13 at 9:41pmpost #16481 of 374579/5/13 at 11:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by 0verlord
It looks like the PC 360s are $170 on Amazon. I would need a sound card to go with them. I currently do not own any high quality headphones or headsets, just a few cheap communications headsets. This would be a first for me. Is this worth jumping on or should I look for something in the $100 range?
Wow... those PC360s are $100 cheaper than what they are here in Canada. Too bad Sennheisers clamp too hard on my big head. I ended up hacking together my own gaming headset.
Argh... still too new to properly insert images.
EDIT: yay, I can insert image links now.
ATH-AD700 + 3.5mm female jack + 3.5mm male plug + soldering iron + V-Moda BoomPro Microphone = ~$150 convertible gaming headset (with inline mute & volume control) that can also be used to chat on my smartphone. :D I was initially looking at the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Headset Gear for the mod but the $100 price tag really turned me off. Then my local headphonebar got some V-Moda BoomPros in for $33 so I jumped on it and did the mod right away. It's not the greatest boom mic because I find the boom a tad short and it's a tiny bit loose in the 3.5mm jack, but for $33+tax, I can't really complain, especially since it comes with that nifty adapter that allows you to use it on smartphone as well as a standard headphone+mic port on a computer.Quote:
Ah, I didn't really notice that they were angled because the stiffer spring foam really turned me off of them.
Edited by AvroArrow - 9/9/13 at 4:49pmpost #16482 of 374579/5/13 at 11:25pmThread StarterI really wish the MA900 had a removable cable...
MA900 + V-moda boompro = all the headset anyone would ever need.
Hmm... I'm interested in the HD239 and/or PX100-II for away use.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 9/5/13 at 11:35pmpost #16483 of 374579/5/13 at 11:42pm
I shipped my iCan off for replacement. I already really miss the 3D holographic switch. Music just sounds flat without it.
I picked up a simple little outlet ON/OF switch at the store to use with the next one, so I don't have to yank the cord out every time. I'm paranoid that that could have messed it up somehow.
Edited by chicolom - 9/5/13 at 11:44pmpost #16484 of 374579/6/13 at 12:29ampost #16485 of 374579/6/13 at 12:43am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 40 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 50 seconds ago
- › using Sennheiser HD 580 for movie watching -- how to connect the TV... 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear