- 4,711 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Mid-fi, Purgatory
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1082post #16216 of 374538/30/13 at 10:18pmSince we're close I can contribute. You get to chose which you'd like to borrow, too. You have to add it to the guide though for me to do it :P
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16217 of 374538/30/13 at 10:25pmpost #16218 of 374538/30/13 at 10:28pmpost #16219 of 374538/30/13 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #16220 of 374538/30/13 at 10:34pmThe Alpha is 2-3db more efficient than the Mad Dogs. And the iCAN drives them just fine...
Maybe you shouldn't of gotten rid of your Compass 2?
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 10:37pmpost #16221 of 374538/30/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterNeeded the money. And the Fostex drivers are known to scale with a lot more power. I noticed it with the MD 3.2. So while they may be more efficient, those drivers still take in a lot.post #16222 of 374538/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #16223 of 374538/30/13 at 11:13pm
I feel ya on needing the money part.
I was just offering because you said "legitimate amp"... as if what I have isn't. I know planars scale better with more power... but I guess we all have different definitions of the word legitimate.
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 11:14pmpost #16224 of 374538/30/13 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #16225 of 374538/30/13 at 11:37pmpost #16226 of 374538/30/13 at 11:41pmThread Starterpost #16227 of 374538/31/13 at 12:38amQuote:
I bet you're really wishing that SR-5002 hadn't failed when it did right now...
I could lend you a nice amp, but it's not going to power the Alpha Dog, let alone the vast majority of the headphones on the market, as you know.
EDIT: MA900 GET! Quickly took it out of the box, put it on, and put some music on. First impressions are VERY promising already, and MLE wasn't kidding about the comfort...though I do have to shift it quite forward relative to my ears in order to keep my pinnae from touching the inside of the cups.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 8/31/13 at 9:56ampost #16228 of 374538/31/13 at 12:13pmAxelCloris,
Thanks for the update, I'll have to get around to posting my M-100 impressions. Does have more high-end sparkle.Quote:Well if you remember how close I was to keeping the AD700 when EQ'd... I appreciate performance, but I also appreciate value. I can appreciate a headphone on it's own merits.Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
As for the loans, I do realize two of you have Annies/Q701, so I'm SAYING if you really want to demo the MA900 bear in mind that they're not on the same level as the AKGs. Think of these as the cheaper alternative to the 70x/Annie/HD6x0 with more comfort and less demand for amping.post #16229 of 374538/31/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
From what I understand, the M-100 isn't designed to be a more neutral response like the M-80, but rather that it has a V-shape to the sound. Not an overly aggressive one like some headphones, but definitely not a neutral response. But that's just how I processed my reading about the set. I'm still looking to listen to them down the road. Over ear is much more comfortable with glasses than on ear.
Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on them.post #16230 of 374538/31/13 at 2:17pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Questyle CMA600i appreciation ... 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 25 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 47 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 53 seconds ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric DAC V850 - General Discussion and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › There's a new Sheriff in town! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear