- 4,709 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Mid-fi, Purgatory
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
As the rabbit hole of summit-fi in-ear monitors gets deeper and deeper, I find myself encountering the same issues over and over. Most of the high end multiple armature driver in-ear monitors in...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1082post #16216 of 374008/30/13 at 10:18pmSince we're close I can contribute. You get to chose which you'd like to borrow, too. You have to add it to the guide though for me to do it :P
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16217 of 374008/30/13 at 10:25pmpost #16218 of 374008/30/13 at 10:28pmpost #16219 of 374008/30/13 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #16220 of 374008/30/13 at 10:34pmThe Alpha is 2-3db more efficient than the Mad Dogs. And the iCAN drives them just fine...
Maybe you shouldn't of gotten rid of your Compass 2?
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 10:37pmpost #16221 of 374008/30/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterNeeded the money. And the Fostex drivers are known to scale with a lot more power. I noticed it with the MD 3.2. So while they may be more efficient, those drivers still take in a lot.post #16222 of 374008/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #16223 of 374008/30/13 at 11:13pm
I feel ya on needing the money part.
I was just offering because you said "legitimate amp"... as if what I have isn't. I know planars scale better with more power... but I guess we all have different definitions of the word legitimate.
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 11:14pmpost #16224 of 374008/30/13 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #16225 of 374008/30/13 at 11:37pmpost #16226 of 374008/30/13 at 11:41pmThread Starterpost #16227 of 374008/31/13 at 12:38amQuote:
I bet you're really wishing that SR-5002 hadn't failed when it did right now...
I could lend you a nice amp, but it's not going to power the Alpha Dog, let alone the vast majority of the headphones on the market, as you know.
EDIT: MA900 GET! Quickly took it out of the box, put it on, and put some music on. First impressions are VERY promising already, and MLE wasn't kidding about the comfort...though I do have to shift it quite forward relative to my ears in order to keep my pinnae from touching the inside of the cups.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 8/31/13 at 9:56ampost #16228 of 374008/31/13 at 12:13pmAxelCloris,
Thanks for the update, I'll have to get around to posting my M-100 impressions. Does have more high-end sparkle.Quote:Well if you remember how close I was to keeping the AD700 when EQ'd... I appreciate performance, but I also appreciate value. I can appreciate a headphone on it's own merits.Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
As for the loans, I do realize two of you have Annies/Q701, so I'm SAYING if you really want to demo the MA900 bear in mind that they're not on the same level as the AKGs. Think of these as the cheaper alternative to the 70x/Annie/HD6x0 with more comfort and less demand for amping.post #16229 of 374008/31/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
From what I understand, the M-100 isn't designed to be a more neutral response like the M-80, but rather that it has a V-shape to the sound. Not an overly aggressive one like some headphones, but definitely not a neutral response. But that's just how I processed my reading about the set. I'm still looking to listen to them down the road. Over ear is much more comfortable with glasses than on ear.
Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on them.post #16230 of 374008/31/13 at 2:17pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Cardas clear HD800 cable 1 minute ago
- › Rampant scammers on amazon 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 8 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 8 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 9 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear