- 4,703 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Mid-fi, Purgatory
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1082post #16216 of 373688/30/13 at 10:18pmSince we're close I can contribute. You get to chose which you'd like to borrow, too. You have to add it to the guide though for me to do it :P
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16217 of 373688/30/13 at 10:25pmpost #16218 of 373688/30/13 at 10:28pmpost #16219 of 373688/30/13 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #16220 of 373688/30/13 at 10:34pmThe Alpha is 2-3db more efficient than the Mad Dogs. And the iCAN drives them just fine...
Maybe you shouldn't of gotten rid of your Compass 2?
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 10:37pmpost #16221 of 373688/30/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterNeeded the money. And the Fostex drivers are known to scale with a lot more power. I noticed it with the MD 3.2. So while they may be more efficient, those drivers still take in a lot.post #16222 of 373688/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #16223 of 373688/30/13 at 11:13pm
I feel ya on needing the money part.
I was just offering because you said "legitimate amp"... as if what I have isn't. I know planars scale better with more power... but I guess we all have different definitions of the word legitimate.
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 11:14pmpost #16224 of 373688/30/13 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #16225 of 373688/30/13 at 11:37pmpost #16226 of 373688/30/13 at 11:41pmThread Starterpost #16227 of 373688/31/13 at 12:38amQuote:
I bet you're really wishing that SR-5002 hadn't failed when it did right now...
I could lend you a nice amp, but it's not going to power the Alpha Dog, let alone the vast majority of the headphones on the market, as you know.
EDIT: MA900 GET! Quickly took it out of the box, put it on, and put some music on. First impressions are VERY promising already, and MLE wasn't kidding about the comfort...though I do have to shift it quite forward relative to my ears in order to keep my pinnae from touching the inside of the cups.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 8/31/13 at 9:56ampost #16228 of 373688/31/13 at 12:13pmAxelCloris,
Thanks for the update, I'll have to get around to posting my M-100 impressions. Does have more high-end sparkle.Quote:Well if you remember how close I was to keeping the AD700 when EQ'd... I appreciate performance, but I also appreciate value. I can appreciate a headphone on it's own merits.Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
As for the loans, I do realize two of you have Annies/Q701, so I'm SAYING if you really want to demo the MA900 bear in mind that they're not on the same level as the AKGs. Think of these as the cheaper alternative to the 70x/Annie/HD6x0 with more comfort and less demand for amping.post #16229 of 373688/31/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
From what I understand, the M-100 isn't designed to be a more neutral response like the M-80, but rather that it has a V-shape to the sound. Not an overly aggressive one like some headphones, but definitely not a neutral response. But that's just how I processed my reading about the set. I'm still looking to listen to them down the road. Over ear is much more comfortable with glasses than on ear.
Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on them.post #16230 of 373688/31/13 at 2:17pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 second ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Tired of my In-Ears breaking every year 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › CANT DECIDE BETWEEN 3 TOP UNDER $200 HEADPHONES. VMODA VS SONY VS... 10 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 13 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 16 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 17 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear