- 4,689 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Mid-fi, Purgatory
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1082post #16216 of 373128/30/13 at 10:18pmSince we're close I can contribute. You get to chose which you'd like to borrow, too. You have to add it to the guide though for me to do it :P
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16217 of 373128/30/13 at 10:25pmpost #16218 of 373128/30/13 at 10:28pmpost #16219 of 373128/30/13 at 10:30pmThread Starterpost #16220 of 373128/30/13 at 10:34pmThe Alpha is 2-3db more efficient than the Mad Dogs. And the iCAN drives them just fine...
Maybe you shouldn't of gotten rid of your Compass 2?
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 10:37pmpost #16221 of 373128/30/13 at 11:03pmThread StarterNeeded the money. And the Fostex drivers are known to scale with a lot more power. I noticed it with the MD 3.2. So while they may be more efficient, those drivers still take in a lot.post #16222 of 373128/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #16223 of 373128/30/13 at 11:13pm
I feel ya on needing the money part.
I was just offering because you said "legitimate amp"... as if what I have isn't. I know planars scale better with more power... but I guess we all have different definitions of the word legitimate.
Edited by Change is Good - 8/30/13 at 11:14pmpost #16224 of 373128/30/13 at 11:14pmThread Starterpost #16225 of 373128/30/13 at 11:37pmpost #16226 of 373128/30/13 at 11:41pmThread Starterpost #16227 of 373128/31/13 at 12:38amQuote:
I bet you're really wishing that SR-5002 hadn't failed when it did right now...
I could lend you a nice amp, but it's not going to power the Alpha Dog, let alone the vast majority of the headphones on the market, as you know.
EDIT: MA900 GET! Quickly took it out of the box, put it on, and put some music on. First impressions are VERY promising already, and MLE wasn't kidding about the comfort...though I do have to shift it quite forward relative to my ears in order to keep my pinnae from touching the inside of the cups.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 8/31/13 at 9:56ampost #16228 of 373128/31/13 at 12:13pmAxelCloris,
Thanks for the update, I'll have to get around to posting my M-100 impressions. Does have more high-end sparkle.Quote:Well if you remember how close I was to keeping the AD700 when EQ'd... I appreciate performance, but I also appreciate value. I can appreciate a headphone on it's own merits.Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
As for the loans, I do realize two of you have Annies/Q701, so I'm SAYING if you really want to demo the MA900 bear in mind that they're not on the same level as the AKGs. Think of these as the cheaper alternative to the 70x/Annie/HD6x0 with more comfort and less demand for amping.post #16229 of 373128/31/13 at 1:34pmQuote:
From what I understand, the M-100 isn't designed to be a more neutral response like the M-80, but rather that it has a V-shape to the sound. Not an overly aggressive one like some headphones, but definitely not a neutral response. But that's just how I processed my reading about the set. I'm still looking to listen to them down the road. Over ear is much more comfortable with glasses than on ear.
Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on them.post #16230 of 373128/31/13 at 2:17pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-007MK2 13 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 28 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 29 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear