Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1078
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #16157 of 373298/29/13 at 2:13ampost #16158 of 373298/29/13 at 2:51ampost #16159 of 373298/29/13 at 3:06ampost #16160 of 373298/29/13 at 3:21amQuote:
Is that a euphemism for something?...I've got your licorice pipe right here.post #16161 of 373298/29/13 at 3:22amQuote:
I don't know what gave you that idea.post #16162 of 373298/29/13 at 3:28amQuote:
I'm being all serious, and it is to be understood literally.
Edited by davidsh - 8/29/13 at 3:30ampost #16163 of 373298/29/13 at 4:39amThread Starterpost #16164 of 373298/29/13 at 5:13amQuote:
Alright, I'll take your word for that. I had a brief time with it and my expectation of every headphone is that if it touches my ears, doesn't matter how good it'll sound it isn't going to be over my head at all. But I'll take your word for this one.
One question to you though, I know you recently got an E17. Are you using it with your Mixamp when playing on consoles?post #16165 of 373298/29/13 at 5:24amThread StarterI don't feel it necessary for gaming. I use the MA900 with the Mixamp alone.
As for the comfort, like any and every other headphone, I have to readjust it every once in awhile on my head (X1 and Annie as well). I can feel the driver covers, but it's mostly a non-issue. Certainly not Beyer level.
I won't say the ears pressing up against the drivers won't bother you if you're that sensitive to it. Just throwing caution in the wind. I don't see it ever being an issue for most people though. If I had to rate the comfort right now, it's definitely a 9.50, Taking .50 away from the lack of density on the pads, and the headband not completely disappearing. Still, yes, it's that comfy.
If someone can swap in some legitimate Beyer 880/990 velours (Beyer, not aftermarket), I'd be interested in hearing what it does to the sound. That could push comfort to a 9.75 if the sound isn't negatively affected, and could keep the ears from touching the drivers.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/29/13 at 6:31ampost #16166 of 373298/29/13 at 5:38ampost #16167 of 373298/29/13 at 7:54ampost #16168 of 373298/29/13 at 8:30am
For the record, I never could stand the taste of black licorice. It immediately made me want some tongue bleach.
Red, vaguely strawberry-flavored licorice in the common form of Twizzlers, on the other hand? Decent stuff.
As for the MA900 purchase, I guess curiosity got the better of me...again. I'm not expecting it to be Stax by a wide margin, but if it even comes close to Mad Lust Envy's claims about the sound quality and comfort, then it could easily become my default recommendation for an all-around headphone for when 'stats are just too expensive-something I don't feel comfortable recommending the AD700 for.post #16169 of 373298/29/13 at 9:19amThread StarterDefinitely not Stax level, especially in the treble (the treble is smooth, and calls zero attention to itself). But the mids are natural and well integrated, and the mid bass is pretty good. Sub bass is about as good as you expect from a Stax, which is to say, not really happening. But comfort and spaciousness, oh yeah. Just call it a comfortable all rounder that doesn't excel in any one thing but does basically everything well.
They are about the most inoffensive sounding headphone this side of the HD650/Annie/ESP950, beating the comfort and price of all three.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/29/13 at 9:22ampost #16170 of 373298/29/13 at 12:22pm
I've been lurking around this forum here recently and noticed that you were talking about the ma900s. I have astro a40s and was wondering if it is worth it to replace them with the ma900s?
The ma900s are right in my price range, and I'm looking for a decent set of headphones to game with.
Edited by TheBizkit - 8/29/13 at 12:36pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › New CEntrance DACportable dac-amp 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear