or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1077

post #16141 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

They're definitely nice for hot weather! My KSC 35 can still handle that though.

Under normal temperatures the MA900 aren't necessarily more comfy for ME as Im a little conscious of the pads and tend to micro adjust them too often. They both less intrusive and more obtrusive so it sort of cancels itself out.


If I didn't already have the Anniversaries and X1s I could probably justify keeping them - but I DO have them. tongue.gif
What about the X1 - listening to softer music, I've been hearing little creaks as I move my head. It's becoming kind of annoying...
post #16142 of 37372

V-moda M80s inbound later today. Going to try them with the V-moda BoomPro mic and see how they function as a gaming headset. Crossing my fingers that they're excellent for portable laptop gaming.

post #16143 of 37372

I don't have any problems with it.

Also, you should stay away from the full sized Audio Techinicas as they creak like crazy.


Edited by chicolom - 8/28/13 at 12:52pm
post #16144 of 37372
Thread Starter 
Watching a movie (Pain n' Gain) off the PS3 via Mixamp... the MA900 impresses with the bass. Yes... it was still plenty bassy.
post #16145 of 37372

Tried the MA900 at a Sony store, surprised at how good it sounds. MLE's praise on it is legit.

 

One issue personally, my ears presses against the drivers and I know it is going to hurt like crap after an hour's usage eventhough there isn't a lot of clamping pressure.

post #16146 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

V-moda M80s inbound later today. Going to try them with the V-moda BoomPro mic and see how they function as a gaming headset. Crossing my fingers that they're excellent for portable laptop gaming.

Please let me know how the sound sig compares to your MDs... assuming you have the 3.2 version.
post #16147 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

What about the X1 - listening to softer music, I've been hearing little creaks as I move my head. It's becoming kind of annoying...
l have this with nearly all cans I own. It, my glasses frame that creates the noise where the pads touch it. If I put the glasses of there is no noise anymore when I move my head. This happens with all kinds of pads: leather, pleather and velour.
post #16148 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


Please let me know how the sound sig compares to your MDs... assuming you have the 3.2 version.

 

I do not, mine are currently 3.1. But I can do a comparison of those side by side over the next couple days. I'd be running them both off my T1 as that's my home amp.

post #16149 of 37372
I'm also very interested in how V-MODA fare in competitive or general gaming. If they do both well, then I might get either the M80 or M100.
post #16150 of 37372
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenkr View Post

Tried the MA900 at a Sony store, surprised at how good it sounds. MLE's praise on it is legit.

One issue personally, my ears presses against the drivers and I know it is going to hurt like crap after an hour's usage eventhough there isn't a lot of clamping pressure.

I can tell you that while my ears touch as well, I can wear the MA900 all day. It doesn't pinch the same way say the Beyers do. The driver cover is soft and breathable. Still the most comfortable over ear I've ever worn outside the Siberia V1.
post #16151 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

 

I do not, mine are currently 3.1. But I can do a comparison of those side by side over the next couple days. I'd be running them both off my T1 as that's my home amp.

 

Hmm... I have no idea how different the 3.1 sounds but go right ahead if you don't mind. I would like to get another portable down the line because I recently sold my KEF M500...

post #16152 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post


I can tell you that while my ears touch as well, I can wear the MA900 all day. It doesn't pinch the same way say the Beyers do. The driver cover is soft and breathable. Still the most comfortable over ear I've ever worn outside the Siberia V1.

 

I really wish it had a detachable cable....

post #16153 of 37372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

 

I really wish it had a detachable cable....

 

Yeah, the cable is on the thin side and doesn't look like it has much of a strain relief.   A good hard yank on it might do some damage.

 

It's also a really long cable.

post #16154 of 37372

UPS is bringing me something tomorrow.

 

I wonder what it could be?....

post #16155 of 37372
Thread Starter 
Your own K712?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)