or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1063

post #15931 of 37443
N R Gize!
post #15932 of 37443

Mad, about the PLYR 1 on Xbox: does the audio sometimes cut in and out on you? 

Was just playing Crackdown (free! woohoo for XBL Gold!) and game audio occasionally stopped transmitting, only to continue a heartbeat later.

post #15933 of 37443

What surround device did you use to test the K702 Anniversary phones? I am leaning towards them for my gaming and movie setup but I am having a hard time deciding which mixer to go with for xbox and playstation. Taking suggestions on a surround device and an amp if it will be needed.

 

Thanks 

post #15934 of 37443
Quote:
Originally Posted by About7Narwhal View Post

What surround device did you use to test the K702 Anniversary phones? I am leaning towards them for my gaming and movie setup but I am having a hard time deciding which mixer to go with for xbox and playstation. Taking suggestions on a surround device and an amp if it will be needed.

 

Thanks 

 

Surround device will depend if you absolutely need chat or not. The Astro mixamp will be the ideal choice if so, and if chat isn't necessary go with the much cheaper DSS v1.

 

As for which amp, what is your budget?

post #15935 of 37443
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

Mad, about the PLYR 1 on Xbox: does the audio sometimes cut in and out on you? 

Was just playing Crackdown (free! woohoo for XBL Gold!) and game audio occasionally stopped transmitting, only to continue a heartbeat later.

I didn't have the 360 when using the Plyr 1. It did cut out when starting some games. It always happened in Castlevania HD. The fix was to go to the base and toggle the DH button off and back on. That or turning the base off/on.

It seems to drop audio once in awhile when the signal changed or stopped on the PS3 (like the menu being PCM, and switching to Dolby Digital when a game launched).
post #15936 of 37443

Huh, weird. But ok, fix seems easy enough. Thanks!

post #15937 of 37443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

 

Surround device will depend if you absolutely need chat or not. The Astro mixamp will be the ideal choice if so, and if chat isn't necessary go with the much cheaper DSS v1.

 

As for which amp, what is your budget?

 

I absolutely need the best surround solution, I can manage chat via another method if needed through skype, vent, or another method.As long as the sound is good, I will work around my other needs as they come up. Also, on the 360 (my main gaming unit) could I not just run a clip mic through the controller and have game audio that way?

 

As for an amp, I am spending quite a bit on the phones, so I am willing to spend about as much on an amp IF it will make a difference in audio quality. So probably ~$500 would be my max, but I prefer less.

 

I appreciate the input.

post #15938 of 37443

Would you guys still recommend the astro a40 2013s for $150 if you already own the 2011 mixamp? I'm looking for something that does alright with music as well since my other headset/headphone broke a while back.. I mainly listen to rap but sometimes deviate into rock/electronic music(rare though). How are the astros for music in general?

post #15939 of 37443

Alright guys!

 

Sound Blaster Z -> Earforce DSS 7.1 -> AKG q701!!

 

Hope this rocks!

post #15940 of 37443

Finally got my Asgard 2 in and it sounds pretty amazing with the modded 555's. can't wait to try the X1. Then when the time comes either get an HE-400 or the Mad Dogs.

Though i noticed if go past the 12 o'clock position i'm starting to hear a hiss and faint beeping from the x-fi no matter if the PC volume is at 0%, 70% or 100%..... When i turn off my computer theres isn't any hiss or beeps.gonna try to find some shielded RCA cables from Blue Jeans Cable. Worst case i'll pick up a xonar essence stx since it has more EMI shielding. 

post #15941 of 37443
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero404 View Post

Finally got my Asgard 2 in and it sounds pretty amazing with the modded 555's. can't wait to try the X1. Then when the time comes either get an HE-400 or the Mad Dogs.

Though i noticed if go past the 12 o'clock position i'm starting to hear a hiss and faint beeping from the x-fi no matter if the PC volume is at 0%, 70% or 100%..... When i turn off my computer theres isn't any hiss or beeps.gonna try to find some shielded RCA cables from Blue Jeans Cable. Worst case i'll pick up a xonar essence stx since it has more EMI shielding. 

Do you mean you hear hiss in the headphones if the Asgard is at 12?  That would be normal with the 555's because the Asgard puts out 1w at 50ohm and the 555's are high sensitivity.

post #15942 of 37443

i have it on the low gain (1.5x) setting if that makes a difference. There isn't a hiss from the HD555s when i have my computer off and i use my ipod classic LOD to the Asgard 2.

post #15943 of 37443

Ah, I see

post #15944 of 37443

X1 coming out of the Starlight is beautiful - it just sings now :)

post #15945 of 37443
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOmni View Post

Alright guys!

Sound Blaster Z -> Earforce DSS 7.1 -> AKG q701!!

Hope this rocks!

Waaaait... Why do you have two surround processors there?
If you're gaming on PC, you just need Creative Sound Blaster Z (or ZxR) and AKG Q701, the DSS wouldn't do anything for you. If you're gaming on console, you just need DSS and headphone. Are you actually talking about two setups here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)