- 4,785 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Mid-fi, Purgatory
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1049post #15721 of 383148/10/13 at 8:26pmYea that's what I said... the on ear momentum. So am I right? lol
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15722 of 383148/10/13 at 8:36pmThread Starterpost #15723 of 383148/10/13 at 10:41pmQuote:I do play ps3Originally Posted by Evshrug
Your name is a little hard to remember...
The Mixamp from 2011 will do that for you, if it comes with or you buy a TRRS Y-split cable to separate the mic input and sound output into two plugs, and your console isn't a PS3 that requires USB chat input (the very first Mixamp didn't support this, Mad just posted a pic a page or two back).
I personally don't bother, the only game I can't adjust down the game volume where I really think it needs it, is Halo 4. So, I just have a lapel mic plugged directly into the controller.post #15724 of 383148/10/13 at 11:57pmpost #15725 of 383148/10/13 at 11:59pmThread Starterpost #15726 of 383148/11/13 at 12:40ampost #15727 of 383148/11/13 at 1:14amThread StarterDidn't say it was a problem, just that the wired pre-2013 Mixamps have considerably less of it. For those who want the cleanest signal, the Mixamp is a better choice.post #15728 of 383148/11/13 at 5:52am
Uhm... since we're on topic for voice chat on the PS3, I just want to let you guys know that there is a work around for it if you are using the original Mixamp or the TB DSS.
Get a bluetooth mic. Any will be fine, but a clip-on like this will be ideal.
Then go to Settings > Acessory Settings > Audio Device Settings
Your input device should be your bluetooth mic, BUT set your output device to System Default Device (this will go to your DSS, thus to your headphone).
Also, set Stereo Heaset Audio Extension to > On so all audio goes to your headphones. If this is set to off, only the chat audio will go to your headphones while in-game audio will go to your speakers.
After that, well you're done.
You basically get a wireless mic where you don't have to dangle 2 wires off your desk resulting in even messier cables around the place.
Most bluetooth mics now a days have a control where you can set the incoming volume from your friends, so another problem fixed for needing any voice chat volume control.
Otherwise, most games with MP has volume controls for chat volume as well.
I'm personally doing this and has been doing it for a very long time. It's a good work around for those who cannot get a Mixamp pre-2013 (because it is increasingly hard to get and it's being sold for a stupidly high price right now).
Hope this helps. :)post #15729 of 383148/11/13 at 6:28ampost #15730 of 383148/11/13 at 6:34ampost #15731 of 383148/11/13 at 6:41amSo has anyone here double amped the mix amp? I would just plug my arrow 4g or my c&c bh into the headphone jack and run my cans off the amp,
But the real question is do I need the extra boost? No doubt the external amp will add quality and real eq switches but I don't know how clean the mix amp's headphone out is.
I've never heard a mixamp or a dss2, the only true 5.1 headset I ever owned was the tritton pro + and it was crap, it had no freakin bass man I was pissedpost #15732 of 383148/11/13 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #15733 of 383148/11/13 at 7:32amQuote:
It doesn't nessasarily needs to be an i-tech bluetooth, anything as long as it is bluetooth 2.0 compatible then it will work with the PS3.
If you want, you can even get the official PlayStation bluetooth mic and just hang it around your neck or something.
Haha, no you shouldn't because there is a button on the earbud that acts as the on/off switch.post #15734 of 383148/11/13 at 8:07amThread StarterWhy is the Creative Aurvana Live so damn good? Gah, if ONLY it had velour pads.
Borrowing it again to compare to the HP-800... and it just blows me away.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/11/13 at 8:09ampost #15735 of 383148/11/13 at 9:14amQuote:I have some shure srh840 headphones and I bought the velour pads for it (the pads from the srh940) and honestly it ruined the sound. It took away almost all the bass and muddied up the sound all together. I think they don't seal as well, I really just think pleather is the way to go, and they're just as comfortable to me at least
Edited by mpawluk91 - 8/11/13 at 9:17am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear