- 1,383 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1035post #15511 of 383397/31/13 at 11:01pmAnyone knows if the Sony MDR-1R worth the $200 p rice on amazon? And is it good for gaming compare to the Dt 990 Pro ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15512 of 383397/31/13 at 11:05pmThread StarterIt's a closed headphone, while the 990 pro is open. If there is anything to be learned, is that closed headphones almost always don't compare to open headphones for gaming use or otherwise.post #15513 of 383398/1/13 at 12:59amQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
The ONLY reason S/PDIF cables can handle more than two channels of audio is because the extra channels require lossy compression. That's how Dolby Digital/AC-3 and DTS work in the first place; they throw away data from the PCM channels in order to get them to fit into limited S/PDIF bandwidth.
2 channels (stereo) of 24-bit@96Khz (optical) is roughly 4,5mbit or let's say 4500kbps. AC3 should be around 448-640kbps, DTS 768-1536kbps. SPDIF isn't really limited, it just sucks (for the industry) for copy protection and general content encryption. That's why we'll never see any improvement in this regard.post #15514 of 383398/1/13 at 1:01ampost #15515 of 383398/1/13 at 1:03amThread StarterSaid it... it's not that great a headphone. A40 is considerably better, and the PLYR1 shows how wireless headsets should be. The PLYR1 should be a top priority for anyone who wants a wireless headset.
Not a fan of the A50.post #15516 of 383398/1/13 at 10:05amQuote:
So your friend is using the Astro A50 headset, and you are using?post #15517 of 383398/1/13 at 12:09pmThread Starter
Lookie what I got in the mail...
Before I say anything, two stock cables.
Braided: 0.9ohm. So nice looking, but resistance is higher than the ones I'm using.
Thin short cable: 0.6ohm
And here I thought I found a good cable for my X1. No luck.
Intial impressions: bassy, very warm, soft, mids are noticeably recessed. This is just off a few songs.
These are definitely for clubheads.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/1/13 at 12:19pmpost #15518 of 383398/1/13 at 12:18pmpost #15519 of 383398/1/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Unless you use the TH-600 for gaming, which would fall under the "almost" category and render this statement "almost" false.post #15520 of 383398/1/13 at 12:40pmThread StarterYet, you're talking about a $1000 headphone. And Fostex Denons and their successors are known for their large soundstage, despite their mostly closed back design. Everyone knows that they dont isolate that well and should be taken as somewhat open. They are a rare breed, and don't fall in line with how true closed back headphones really do for gaming.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/1/13 at 12:41pmpost #15521 of 383398/1/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Yet, you're talking about a $1000 headphone. And Fostex Denons and their successors are known for their large soundstage, despite their mostly closed back design. Everyone knows that they dont isolate that well and should be taken as somewhat open. They are a rare breed, and don't fall in line with how true closed back headphones really do for gaming.
I know, you need to snag a pair and see how they compare to the D7000.post #15522 of 383398/1/13 at 1:30pmpost #15523 of 383398/1/13 at 1:38pmpost #15524 of 383398/1/13 at 1:42pmpost #15525 of 383398/1/13 at 2:09pmThread StarterQuote:
It's a great choice. Probably the safest, as long as you like some emphasized bass. The bass can be from sweet, to a bit overpowering depending on the frequency.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook just now
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 1 minute ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Westone W80 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › [FS] iFi iPurifier 2 7 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear