- 1,383 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1035post #15511 of 386157/31/13 at 11:01pmAnyone knows if the Sony MDR-1R worth the $200 p rice on amazon? And is it good for gaming compare to the Dt 990 Pro ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15512 of 386157/31/13 at 11:05pmThread StarterIt's a closed headphone, while the 990 pro is open. If there is anything to be learned, is that closed headphones almost always don't compare to open headphones for gaming use or otherwise.post #15513 of 386158/1/13 at 12:59amQuote:Originally Posted by NamelessPFG
The ONLY reason S/PDIF cables can handle more than two channels of audio is because the extra channels require lossy compression. That's how Dolby Digital/AC-3 and DTS work in the first place; they throw away data from the PCM channels in order to get them to fit into limited S/PDIF bandwidth.
2 channels (stereo) of 24-bit@96Khz (optical) is roughly 4,5mbit or let's say 4500kbps. AC3 should be around 448-640kbps, DTS 768-1536kbps. SPDIF isn't really limited, it just sucks (for the industry) for copy protection and general content encryption. That's why we'll never see any improvement in this regard.post #15514 of 386158/1/13 at 1:01ampost #15515 of 386158/1/13 at 1:03amThread StarterSaid it... it's not that great a headphone. A40 is considerably better, and the PLYR1 shows how wireless headsets should be. The PLYR1 should be a top priority for anyone who wants a wireless headset.
Not a fan of the A50.post #15516 of 386158/1/13 at 10:05amQuote:
So your friend is using the Astro A50 headset, and you are using?post #15517 of 386158/1/13 at 12:09pmThread Starter
Lookie what I got in the mail...
Before I say anything, two stock cables.
Braided: 0.9ohm. So nice looking, but resistance is higher than the ones I'm using.
Thin short cable: 0.6ohm
And here I thought I found a good cable for my X1. No luck.
Intial impressions: bassy, very warm, soft, mids are noticeably recessed. This is just off a few songs.
These are definitely for clubheads.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/1/13 at 12:19pmpost #15518 of 386158/1/13 at 12:18pmpost #15519 of 386158/1/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
Unless you use the TH-600 for gaming, which would fall under the "almost" category and render this statement "almost" false.post #15520 of 386158/1/13 at 12:40pmThread StarterYet, you're talking about a $1000 headphone. And Fostex Denons and their successors are known for their large soundstage, despite their mostly closed back design. Everyone knows that they dont isolate that well and should be taken as somewhat open. They are a rare breed, and don't fall in line with how true closed back headphones really do for gaming.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/1/13 at 12:41pmpost #15521 of 386158/1/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Yet, you're talking about a $1000 headphone. And Fostex Denons and their successors are known for their large soundstage, despite their mostly closed back design. Everyone knows that they dont isolate that well and should be taken as somewhat open. They are a rare breed, and don't fall in line with how true closed back headphones really do for gaming.
I know, you need to snag a pair and see how they compare to the D7000.post #15522 of 386158/1/13 at 1:30pmpost #15523 of 386158/1/13 at 1:38pmpost #15524 of 386158/1/13 at 1:42pmpost #15525 of 386158/1/13 at 2:09pmThread StarterQuote:
It's a great choice. Probably the safest, as long as you like some emphasized bass. The bass can be from sweet, to a bit overpowering depending on the frequency.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 4 seconds ago
- › WTB: Quality Ethernet Cable (3M) 20 seconds ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear