no problem. i just happened to be starting right at mine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1017
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15242 of 372967/18/13 at 5:35pmThread StarterFixed. I advise everyone to NOT use those adapters, as they can put a lot of strain to 3.5mm inputs.
Guys, let me know of any other problems with the review of if I need to expand on some things. I'm going on little sleep AND I have to go to work soon. Tonight won't end well. Lol.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/18/13 at 5:49pmpost #15243 of 372967/18/13 at 7:03pm
Having just picked up the X1's to compare to the DT 990 Pro 250, I'll just add my two cents to MLE's excellent review. I have to admit, I was skeptical of the X1's, having recently bought the 990's and being quite impressed by them. But the X1's truly do surpass the 990's in every way. They sound better, are more comfortable (by far in my opinion) and are the best looking headphones I have ever seen. I thought that the 990's did bass well for open headphones, but my goodness do the X1's do it better. It's amazing that you can raise the sub bass and actually feel something there - and I mean in the 30Hz range. This is probably due in part to the 50mm drivers as compared to the 45mm drivers on the 990. The treble is definitely not as harsh as the 990's, but still present and wonderful. As far as gaming goes, explosions finally sound the way I've been wishing they would. If you have the original DSS, turn Dolby Headphone on, add a hint of the bass enhancer, and you'll be in gaming heaven. I paid $100 more for the X1's than I did for the 990's, and they are more than worth the premium. I don't feel like I ever need to look for something else. I think MLE gave the 990 Pro's a 9/8/8. I've only listened to music and gamed with the X1's for about 6 hours so far, but in comparison to that, I would give the X1's a 9.5/8/9.5 - couldn't be happier.
Edited by ethan7000 - 7/18/13 at 7:08pmpost #15244 of 372967/18/13 at 7:57pmpost #15245 of 372967/18/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
I doubt the actual driver diameter has too much to do with it. AD700's have 53mm drivers and their bass is pathetic (no offense AD700).post #15246 of 372967/18/13 at 8:05pmpost #15247 of 372967/18/13 at 8:27pmpost #15248 of 372967/18/13 at 8:29pmThread StarterThere are quite a few things I messed up in. I'll fix it tomorrow.
Thanks guys. Chico, totally stole your image. For the horde!
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/18/13 at 8:31pmpost #15249 of 372967/18/13 at 9:25pm
I just got some HD 598s and so far they are great for everything I want them to do. They are a neutral headphone but leave a lot of room to equalize to the sound you like. They're great for music, too.Quote:
In the Battlefield video and the Mirrors Edge videos CMSS3D by far sounded the best with the HD598s and SR850s. Even the Dolby just didn't seem to provide as much positional accuracy to me, but that might also have to do with the brighter treble on CMSS3D.post #15250 of 372967/18/13 at 9:55pmMLE,
Just gotta say, great review, and way to really sell the idea of ultimate headphone again. I don't know how you manage to make each new headphone sound revolutionary, but you do, even if they have a few flaws you point out. You know I love the Q701s... and I've been enjoying the easy connectivity of my M-100s... Your Fidellio X1 review makes the new headphones sound like the best of everything.
You could be the Billy Mays or Steve Jobs of Headphones, you sell their benefits pretty convincingly.Quote:I know what you mean, but the guy who posted that video seems to go out of his way to use pretty extreme settings on everything but CMSS-3D... Did you watch any of the videos posted by Fegefeuer after my post? Those are much nicer, though expect a real card to sound even better during gaming, than in a YouTube sample.Originally Posted by liquiflux
I just got some HD 598s and so far they are great for everything I want them to do. They are a neutral headphone but leave a lot of room to equalize to the sound you like. They're great for music, too.
In the Battlefield video and the Mirrors Edge videos CMSS3D by far sounded the best with the HD598s and SR850s. Even the Dolby just didn't seem to provide as much positional accuracy to me, but that might also have to do with the brighter treble on CMSS3D.
Don't get me wrong, CMSS-3D is great for positional accuracy when configured well, but don't knock the other DSPs yet.
Edited by Evshrug - 7/18/13 at 10:01pmpost #15251 of 372967/18/13 at 10:07pmThread StarterIt's pretty easy to make every new review sound like the headphones are completely worthwhile, when they really are. Also helps that practically all of my recent reviews have been of some truly stellar headphones, like the SR407, LCD2, Annies, etc.
You best believe, if I dont like something, you'll know... *cough*A50*cough*...post #15252 of 372967/18/13 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
It's pretty easy to make every new review sound like the headphones are completely worthwhile, when they really are. Also helps that practically all of my recent reviews have been of some truly stellar headphones, like the SR407, LCD2, Annies, etc.
You best believe, if I dont like something, you'll know... *cough*A50*cough*...
How did the the SR-407's imaging compare to that of the Q 701 for gaming? I just ordered a new SRS-2170 (amp + earspeakers) from Japan for $590 USD and I'm eager to try it out for gaming in comparison to my 8-bump headband K 701.post #15253 of 372967/18/13 at 10:36pmThread StarterThe SR407 is like a Q701 on steroids, but the AKGs still have better soundstage and better positional cues. Still, the SR407 sounds so effortless, it still makes for an incredible gaming can.post #15254 of 372967/18/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
Ah okay. Good to know! I'm stoked to hear how it sounds for gaming.post #15255 of 372967/18/13 at 10:59pmThread StarterThe SR407 will be incredibly agile, and brighter than the Q701. The mids won't be as forward, but everything sounds incredibly clean.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Help choosing headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000's - 50% Off List Price! 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 10 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear