Just got my X1's in - gonna spend a little time with them then either thank or slap MLE. I bought these because of you whether you want that responsibility or not! ;) This was from the Sonic Electronix.com deal btw.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 1005post #15061 of 383987/10/13 at 3:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15062 of 383987/10/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
The music recording quality is in general much more important than bitrate if you have 256 kbit/s and higher files
Even 128 kbit can sound fairly good if it's not mp3 (aac and ogg is better)post #15063 of 383987/10/13 at 4:39pm
my music is mostly gaming soundtracks. There is plenty of stuff. I refuse to buy ost from games which i own so I extracted what I could in formats what was in games. And that varies from aac, mp3 to ogg and fmod and some other weird stuff.
Other stuff I bought like recenty disasterpeace albums are all 320mp3.
about 1400 carefully selected tracks. Will be hard to reaplace bad quality ones but.. with tim
and You are right about 128. For example - my jack orlando soundtrack is in 128kbps and it sound great
Edited by HiCZoK - 7/10/13 at 4:41pmpost #15064 of 383987/10/13 at 4:48pmThread StarterQuote:
Lemme know what you think.post #15065 of 383987/10/13 at 8:36pm
Mad, I am wondering if you are going to end up trying the K712 since there are some rumors that its different than the Q701 w/memory pads. If it really does have a bass boost over the Annie I would be interested in your impressions.post #15066 of 383987/10/13 at 9:11pmCiG,
I have a feeling people will find minuscule differences between the Annies and K712s, though I have no idea what that difference will be or which people will prefer. I'd prefer the less expensive one, LOL! But since I'm happy with my current AKGs, I got a pair of closed, custom headphones to compliment the AKGs and go where those will not.
Logo plates!!post #15067 of 383987/10/13 at 9:14pmpost #15068 of 383987/10/13 at 9:23pm
The Turtle Beach DSS and Asus Xonar U3 are simply the cheapest price-for-entry devices to get virtual headphone surround, for consoles and PCs respectively. I wish Creative would make a Z-Series update of the Recon3D USB device that worked with basically any input, the existing device is very practical and good yet could be improved with Creative's latest processing and a little improvement of the device itself (refining and streamlining the physical hardware, mostly).
Stay tuned till tomorrow, when I'm not sleep-loopy!post #15069 of 383987/10/13 at 10:36pm
For anyone interested in the Vmoda Boom Mic, I cannot recommend it enough compared to other options. If you are like me, and hate cable clutter, this is ideal compared to the Modmic and various clip on mics. My only complaint is that it has a volume box on the cable which I would have left off. X1+BoomPro = match made in heaven.post #15070 of 383987/11/13 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Happy Bullets
For anyone interested in the Vmoda Boom Mic, I cannot recommend it enough compared to other options. If you are like me, and hate cable clutter, this is ideal compared to the Modmic and various clip on mics. My only complaint is that it has a volume box on the cable which I would have left off. X1+BoomPro = match made in heaven.
Looks like the perfect match! Other companies with detachable cables definitely need to look into this...there really should be an AKG mini-XLR version. I've already got a ModMic, but for anyone that has the X1 or cans with the TRS cup connector...great addition!post #15071 of 383987/11/13 at 7:57amQuote:
For the AKG Mini XLR cable on my Q701s I simply braided a modmic and the cable together. The result was a shorter cable for gaming with my computer with an "integrated" microphone. The results turned out fairly well. But I have been eyeing this mic as well, especially if I do end up ordering the X1 for home or M100 for traveling use.post #15072 of 383987/11/13 at 10:02ampost #15073 of 383987/11/13 at 11:07ampost #15074 of 383987/11/13 at 1:35pmpost #15075 of 383987/11/13 at 3:04pm
Any suggestions on good buys?
I was always more of a console gamer so I've missed out on pretty much everything :P
Just got Counter Strike: Complete.... tempted to get Skyrim Legendary Edition.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NAD VISO HP 50 (Black color) 3 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 4 minutes ago
- › Custom EQ for Sennheiser HD 598 -- LIFTING THE VEIL-- .cfg files... 4 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 5 minutes ago
- › Echobox Audio: CES 2017 New Products Debut - Impressions - Discussions 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Resonate impression thread 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear