or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 996

post #14926 of 37269

Point is, I'm STUCK, I only have 1 digital coaxial input in my burson DAC, and it's used my my M2tech from my imac, used for music...It's crazy, just one input frop the 4 I have on the fac are working, sigh.

 

So I'll have no choice but to attack the burson amp directly not from the burson dac, for gaming pc and PS3.
 

post #14927 of 37269
Thread Starter 
Ok... I prefer just dealing manually swapping out... been doing that for years, as all of my headphone amps have only one analog input, and I use it for both PS3 - Mixamp use, and PC/DAC use. Even now, if I play on my Mixamp and want the better amping of my Compass 2, I have to remove the cable that goes from my laptop gaming setup just to attach my PS3 setup.

You're gonna spend over $100 just because you don't wanna swap out cables.

What are your EXACT setups and inputs/devices?

PS3 setup.

PC setup.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/3/13 at 12:25pm
post #14928 of 37269

guys, how are xb600 for gaming?

They say it have good isolation, comfort and fantastic bass

post #14929 of 37269
Thread Starter 
Sony XB and fantastic bass doesn't make sense. XB is usually really bloated, muddy and overly emphasized bass.

That being said, they may have changed with the new XB line, but I'm not holding my breath.

I liked the XB700 a lot, but definitely NOT for gaming. The XB500 was... just...no in every sense of the word.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 7/3/13 at 12:38pm
post #14930 of 37269

especially this review praise xb600.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC6zES1dFtg

 

And a guy on other forum is praising them too

post #14931 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post

guys, how are xb600 for gaming?

They say it have good isolation, comfort and fantastic bass

 

 

 

I might have to listen to them again because that's not what I got from the demo I did with them at my local Best Buy. I owned the XB500's and wish I never sold them because of how fun and obnoxious they were. The XB600 were flat out awful. The build had some of the cheapest plastics I've ever felt and gave zero confidence of longevity and before I even hit play I was ready to take them off. I had been looking forward to trying and ultimately owning them based off of their older brother the XB500 but after hearing how the bass had been gutted and the mids even more recessed than the 500's was nuts! There is zero soundstage or instrument separation so gaming or movies wouldn't be an enjoyable experience and I would never recommend them for that purpose or any to be honest. Of course these are my own opinions so some may like them or maybe I just got a dud of a pair to listen to but overall impressions were not positive. 

 

Now on that same note I also tried the Mdr-V55's they had next to the XB600 and I needed to clear my head of that horrible experience and was shocked and pleasantly surprised. They aren't the best made headphones but for the price you can get them for ($60 or less) they were pretty good. They looked kind of cool were super light and had an agreeable sound that anyone could pick up and enjoy. Not bass monsters or anything like that but had a clear V shaped sound signature vs muddy J signature from the XB600's. I was going to buy a pair before I ran into the JVC HA-S500's and fell in love with the bonkers sound they produced but still would recommend them to someone looking for a nice cheaper pair of headphones that are super portable and easy to listen too. Tons of cans for the money can be had that would be better suited for gaming or general listening than the XB600's. 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

evil_smiley.gif

post #14932 of 37269

Thanks for answer. There seem to be some really crazy opposite opinions about xb600. i even emailed the dude on other forum and he says he likes em better than ath50m. wtf :P

So in fact - now I am looking for good isolating "fun" headphones for mainly gaming (immersively not competitevely) and some music, movies. (100 or sub 100$ please - I will use em with sbz or xonar dg. I am still reading on those 2 sound cards)

 

I will try to give xb600 a try in the store, If I will see them around to confirm(or not) Your disqust with them :D


Edited by HiCZoK - 7/3/13 at 1:15pm
post #14933 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post

Thanks for answer. There seem to be some really crazy opposite opinions about xb600. i even emailed the dude on other forum and he says he likes em better than ath50m. wtf :P

So in fact - now I am looking for good isolating "fun" headphones for mainly gaming (immersively not competitevely) and some music, movies. (100 or sub 100$ please - I will use em with sbz or xonar dg. I am still reading on those 2 sound cards)

 

I will try to give xb600 a try in the store, If I will see them around to confirm(or not) Your disqust with them :D

What forum is this?  I can tell you headfiers are going to be really picky about sound quality haha!  Anyway, I made a recommendation on your other inquiry thread promoting the CAL, you can't go wrong there based on what you just described above for under $100!  I'm sure others would agree.  cool.gif

post #14934 of 37269

yes yes, CAL!s are still on my list :)

xb600 and cal are the same price btw. heard that they are packing different drivers in cals nowadays

 

It's just a gaming forum and some dude. Not audio forum like this

post #14935 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegefeuer View Post

 

Did you pair it with the E12?

 

I am thinking about a TH-600 sometime for console gaming. 

Yup. Used the E12 and mixamp together. If you buy them you will not regret it at all. 

post #14936 of 37269

Hey everyone! I love this forum, I lurk it all the time but I am a very poor college student who cant afford hifi gear.. (hopefully that will change down the line) which is why I never registered, or posted till now.. haha. Anyways long story short i'm looking for a pair of headphones that'll do me over till I can take the plunge and buy a set or two of "real" cans, I play with a very competitive lot on the console so I decided I should probably figure something out to help "keep up" with their $150+ gaming headsets, Obviously being a poor student I had to find the cheaper alternatives..

 

After looking up prices and reviews I ended up stuck between the KSC75 + PX200 pads ($22) or the HD681's ($30)

They'll be paired with a TB DSS and The location I live in is pretty quiet, we have a dog who barks some times and we're a pretty loud (talking wise) but its nothing too extreme..

 

I have some questions about them both:

KSC75's: Are they thin or tinny at all? I've heard that they are, but others say they arent so Im a little confused lol

HD681's: Are the highs really That bad? I've read that they are horrifyingly bad by some but others say they're not That bad..

 

 

I know there's the 661B and the 850's as well but i'm more curious about the 681's given their current discounted price.

 

Anyways thank you for your help ahead of time! =)

post #14937 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post

Thanks for answer. There seem to be some really crazy opposite opinions about xb600. i even emailed the dude on other forum and he says he likes em better than ath50m. wtf :P
So in fact - now I am looking for good isolating "fun" headphones for mainly gaming (immersively not competitevely) and some music, movies. (100 or sub 100$ please - I will use em with sbz or xonar dg. I am still reading on those 2 sound cards)

I will try to give xb600 a try in the store, If I will see them around to confirm(or not) Your disqust with them biggrin.gif

No problem and trying them for yourself will definitely be the best choice for you. Sounds like you want over ear closed back correct?

I only had the CAL's for a short period of time so I don't remember if they isolated well or not but ultimately I wasn't a fan. Not bad at all, just didn't like them.

What about the new old school Sony's??
The MDR-7506? Great isolation and comfort crazy detail and under $100 ($85 new on Amazon) may want to check there.

Just a thought


Thanks,


evil_smiley.gif
post #14938 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRock View Post

Hey everyone! I love this forum, I lurk it all the time but I am a very poor college student who cant afford hifi gear.. (hopefully that will change down the line) which is why I never registered, or posted till now.. haha. Anyways long story short i'm looking for a pair of headphones that'll do me over till I can take the plunge and buy a set or two of "real" cans, I play with a very competitive lot on the console so I decided I should probably figure something out to help "keep up" with their $150+ gaming headsets, Obviously being a poor student I had to find the cheaper alternatives..

 

After looking up prices and reviews I ended up stuck between the KSC75 + PX200 pads ($22) or the HD681's ($30)

They'll be paired with a TB DSS and The location I live in is pretty quiet, we have a dog who barks some times and we're a pretty loud (talking wise) but its nothing too extreme..

 

I have some questions about them both:

KSC75's: Are they thin or tinny at all? I've heard that they are, but others say they arent so Im a little confused lol

HD681's: Are the highs really That bad? I've read that they are horrifyingly bad by some but others say they're not That bad..

 

 

I know there's the 661B and the 850's as well but i'm more curious about the 681's given their current discounted price.

 

Anyways thank you for your help ahead of time! =)

I think the KSC75 or SportaPro/PortaPro is a great place to start, I've had my PortaPros for many years now and they're still enjoyable.  The KSC75 is a bit brighter than the other two due to the driver design using titanium, some may consider them more harsh or fatiguing in comparison to the other two.

post #14939 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Ok... I prefer just dealing manually swapping out... been doing that for years, as all of my headphone amps have only one analog input, and I use it for both PS3 - Mixamp use, and PC/DAC use. Even now, if I play on my Mixamp and want the better amping of my Compass 2, I have to remove the cable that goes from my laptop gaming setup just to attach my PS3 setup.
 

 

You need something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/TC-716-Stereo-Selector-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B0001F347K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372894964&sr=8-1&keywords=stereo+source+selector

 

Just plug all of your sources and all of your amps into it, then use the switches to do all your connecting.  I have my Mixamp, DSS, ODAC, M-stage, and my iCan ALL plugged into it, and I can use any combination of them simply by toggling their switch ON/OFF.  I don't have to touch any cables.  It's completely passive so it doesn't affect the sound and just functions like a box of interconnects with toggle switches.

 

The FiiO HS2 is also useful, but it can only do 1 path at a time, so it's either one input to 4 selectable outputs or 4 selectable inputs to 1 output (your amp).

post #14940 of 37269
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

... and my iCan ALL plugged into it...

Speaking of the iCAN, I just received the one I ordered from Amazon. It is the newer version with the gain switches and I absolutely love it...

 

I'm still following down your gear path... hehehe... ph34r.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)