or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 930

post #13936 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Thanks, MLE. You got any more to throw out there?

I would suggest sticking to the Marantz's, especially if you want to keep hdmi. I think they switched away from using DH in the x005 or x006 series though so look out. Stay clear from the HK x45 and x54 as they have hdmi boards that are known for taking a dump.

-Erik
post #13937 of 37441
Thread Starter 
I believe the SR4002 also has DH.

The problem with mine is that none of my line outs work, so i can't use my receiver as a dac only, though the pre-outs do work, so I can use it as a dac with volume control, wh8ch is sort of double amping. Optical outs does thankfully.. Hdmi doesn't, at least not with the PS3. Freezes my ps3, ever time.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/31/13 at 9:06pm
post #13938 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Harman Kardon 254?

 

Sweet. Do most Harmon Kardons come with DH?

post #13939 of 37441
Thread Starter 
No. They use their own virtual surround now. Only older ones do, same with Denon and Marantz receivers.
post #13940 of 37441

So if I was to get a newer model receiver I would need to keep my mixamp for DH, right?

post #13941 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Chico, I need you to bend the hell out of the headband into a longer shape so it can fit my head. I'm not gonna mod your cans. biggrin.gif

 

Haha

 

Dude.

 

These X1s are flipping GOOD

 

Seriously. 

 

I'm comparing them to the Anniversaries and they're definitely on par and are even beating them in areas.  These are no joke.

 

You need to stop screwing around, order a pair, and find a way to make the headband fit  - because I'm confident you will LOVE the signature coming from these.  I'll keep trickling out some details on the sound so you know what I mean.

 

These are pretty much what I hoped they would be, and I seriously think these are also what you have been looking for. 

post #13942 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

Haha

 

Dude.

 

These X1s are flipping GOOD

 

Seriously. 

 

I'm comparing them to the Anniversaries and they're definitely on par and are even beating them in areas.  These are no joke.

 

You need to stop screwing around, order a pair, and find a way to make the headband fit  - because I'm confident you will LOVE the signature coming from these.  I'll keep trickling out some details on the sound so you know what I mean.

 

These are pretty much what I hoped they would be, and I seriously think these are also what you have been looking for. 

 

I think I know where this is going... rolleyes.gif

post #13943 of 37441
Thread Starter 
The sound signature was never my concern. I know from impressions that the X1 would be probably end game worthy for me. The problem is the fit and headband extension that will always be my problem. Bend the shizz out of the headband and send them my way!
post #13944 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

So if I was to get a newer model receiver I would need to keep my mixamp for DH, right?

 

Bump.

 

Also, with a receiver would I be better off with passive or active speakers?

post #13945 of 37441
Thread Starter 
New model receivers do not have Dolby Headphone. Do your homework on whatever receiver you're looking into. You would basically be using them as a basic dac/amp at that point.

I don't know speakers, so I can't answer that. I assume passive = no volume control, which I'd say is the better choice, as receivers have their own.
post #13946 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

New model receivers do not have Dolby Headphone. Do your homework on whatever receiver you're looking into. You would basically be using them as a basic dac/amp at that point.

I don't know speakers, so I can't answer that. I assume passive = no volume control, which I'd say is the better choice, as receivers have their own.

 

Yes, I understood that the new ones don't have DH. That's why I asked if I should keep the mixamp to use with the receiver if I took the newer route. So I'm assuming yes? Use the mixamp with the recever as if it was a dac/amp like you said?


Edited by Change is Good - 5/31/13 at 9:48pm
post #13947 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

I'm comparing them to the Anniversaries and they're definitely on par and are even beating them in areas.  These are no joke.

 

Please tell me if the soundstage is on par. That answer is what will ultimately decide if I return the Annies and purchase the X1. I'm having doubts about the bass, though. I definitely don't want too much bass when gaming (my preference) and also don't want it to overpower my HP100s bass. The HP100 has bass that is just above neutral and is pretty much where I like it.


Edited by Change is Good - 5/31/13 at 10:07pm
post #13948 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Bend the shizz out of the headband and send them my way!

 

Never!!! 

I can tell you right now that I'm keeping this pair.  And I don't want to bend these babies as they fit me perfectly at stock. floatsmile.png

 

So you're going to have to jump in and bend a pair eventually, but not mine!

post #13949 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

 

Please tell me if the soundstage is on par.

 

That answer is what will ultimately decide if I return the Annies and purchase the X1. I'm having doubts about the bass, though. I definitely don't want too much bass when gaming (my preference) and also don't want it to overpower my HP100s bass. The HP100 has bass that is just above neutral and is pretty much where I like it.

 

Yes.  Better then on par actually.  evil_smiley.gif  Stay tuned!!

 

I'm still working on the bass.  There is definitely more than the Anniversaries, but it seems to be behaving itself.

 

Also, keep in mind that if you use a DSS you can actually reduce bass by dialing it back.

post #13950 of 37441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

Never!!! 

I can tell you right now that I'm keeping this pair.  And I don't want to bend these babies as they fit me perfectly at stock. floatsmile.png

 

So you're going to have to jump in and bend a pair eventually, but not mine!

I'm glad you like them as much as Burritoboy and I do. I have been trying to yell at everyone to buy these things for DH !  It is almost like they take the immersion and fun that some closed cans offer and perfectly mix that into an open can. 

 

X1 just went down to $349.99 on Amazon.


Edited by Happy Bullets - 6/1/13 at 1:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)