- 4,972 Posts. Joined 3/2009
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 910post #13636 of 373275/18/13 at 4:55pmSignificant difference in Headphone Surround being an option, cleaner/sweeter DAC with a better S:N (signal to noise ratio), and a more powerful "amp."
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13637 of 373275/18/13 at 5:29pmpost #13638 of 373275/18/13 at 5:38pmpost #13639 of 373275/18/13 at 5:45pmpost #13640 of 373275/18/13 at 6:38pmQuote:No problem, not really your fault. The system reads a bunch of dashes as a shortcut to draw a dividing line, which can be nice separating topics.Originally Posted by Zaruk
Hmmm... Good, then. Is the sound quality significantly better compared to a PC's standard audio built-in sound card? I do have a spare PCI.
EDIT: My PC doesn't even have any optical ports; I just realized that. My older PC did, but this one apparently doesn't. Oh well, I guess I'll get the Xonar DG or something along its lines, and then upgrade from there.
I apologize for any weird formatting the forum does, as about half of my posts (a specific post: the one about what open slots I have) are made on my phone. Sorry.
Hope you like your sound card.
Edited by Evshrug - 5/18/13 at 6:59pmpost #13641 of 373275/18/13 at 7:39pmQuote:
I can see where it would be useful.
As do I!post #13642 of 373275/18/13 at 8:01pm
It looks like I'm going to be ordering the Annie headband, soon. I can't stand these bumps any longer...
Edit: I can't wait to see how it will look on my black Q701.post #13643 of 373275/18/13 at 8:35pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by kellte2
I had very similar initial impressions. For 9.99, they were an absolute steal. The clips are a little loose for my tastes and bending the arms didn't seem to help too much so I might consider the parts express mod - or whatever the other headband that allows you to snap the drivers on.
If you remove the drivers then bend, there should be no way they would stay loose. Unless you have baby ears. The metal clips can bend as much as you want.post #13644 of 373275/18/13 at 8:38pmThread StarterQuote:
Good luck removing the headband without breaking something.
Also, it would've been much cheaper getting the K601 headband which is also flat.post #13645 of 373275/18/13 at 8:46pmpost #13646 of 373275/18/13 at 8:48pmThread Starterpost #13647 of 373275/18/13 at 8:57pmQuote:
I've DONE that! the clamp fixes itself after whatever time you left it unclamped. 1 day on book stack? 1 day unclamped. 1 week on books? 1 week unclamped. Then again, they don't have that amazing isolation without the clamp, so I'm completely okay with it. But when I have a headache and I don't even need isolation because its night time... ugh... I shall go on though, because I need me my music!
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 8:58pmpost #13648 of 373275/18/13 at 9:10pmpost #13649 of 373275/18/13 at 9:13pm
What else would we do with our lives? Hang out with friends? Don't be silly.
Also, if this is how it feels to wear 280s by everyone else, I can see why they are hated so much. Ow.
I have some new headphones coming in the mail, though, but sadly they don't really isolate too much, and they definitely do not work for mixing/mastering(which the 280s aren't exceptional at, either, but better).
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 9:17pmpost #13650 of 373275/18/13 at 9:26pmThread StarterGet the Mad Dogs (new ones). They seal amazingly well, are extremely comfy, and sound amazing. I'll be uodating my review of them to account for the differences.
Basically looking at an 8.75 fun, 7.25 competitive.
Looks like the last MD just didnt fit me right. That and it wasn't nearly as engaging as this one.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 53 seconds ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › T1 or HD800 as compliment to LCD2's? 2 minutes ago
- › Opinions Wanted: Favorite cables for CIEMS 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Windows 10 Finally Getting Native USB 2 Audio Support 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Silver Widow cable for TH-900 and HD650 11 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 14 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio – FLARES® – (R2.x successor) KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN 15 minutes ago
- › Transform your Journey - Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless headphones... 15 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear