- 56 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 908post #13606 of 383145/17/13 at 8:38pmSo, get that the semi-open cans are better in terms of sound quality (over the SLYRs) but by what degree/significance? And which is comfier: the Samson SASR850's or the Superlux 668b's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13607 of 383145/17/13 at 8:46pmQuote:
The SR850s... or at least, by looks, they win in the comfort department. I've heard the wing design is very stiff making it uncomfortable.post #13608 of 383145/17/13 at 8:48pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Evshrug
I just wanted to separately give you kudos for your PLYR 1 review. You're in your stride about how to cover a headphone, and you still manage to report the technical while also managing to make me kinda want to own whatever headphone you praise, if I were to indulge myself. SkullCandy is lucky to have found you
I was just in BestBuy and saw Astro A40 + Mixamp bundle selling for ~$250, so the PLYR 1 is apparently one of the better wireless headsets, for less money, same Dolby Headphone processing, and "Winner!" Tonal balance... sounds like a good option if you must have wireless. Could someone optionally wire in a headphone into the base station?
That's the only real drawback, you can't hook up another headphone.
As for my latest computer problem, it's more than likely a bad graphics card, as I had the same problem when I downhraded to windows 7 on a fresh install. I just don't like AMDs method of driver updates and the like. The Enduro was real problematic. I was running some demos, and running on Enduro was cutting my framera5e by half over just using the dedicated gfx (which only displayed on external monitors, not the laptop screen.)post #13609 of 383145/17/13 at 11:48pmMost people think the SR850's headband is more comfortable because it distributes the weight of the headphone more evenly across the top of the users head. You can also get the AKG K271 velour pads if you don't like the stock vinyl pads, they make the cans much more comfortable and improve the sound a bit too from what I've heard. The difference in SQ won't be gigantic, but it will be significant.
Edited by HiFiGamer1995 - 5/17/13 at 11:59pmpost #13610 of 383145/18/13 at 5:09amHmmm.... And how bad is the sound leakage? How far away would a person have to be to be able to hear what I hear? I say this because, if I do get the SR850's, I will also be getting a Modmic, and I don't want to echo the game...
Edited by Zaruk - 5/18/13 at 6:53ampost #13611 of 383145/18/13 at 5:23amQuote:
I also received my JVC two-three months ago and I find them incredibly good for watching movies, anime and my favorite FOX series. Still haven't tried them with gaming on either console or PC, but I honestly think that you'll love them (I wrote my first impression in their fan thread if you want to give it a read).
Great review on the PLYR Mad. Very enjoyable read!
Edited by Naingolann - 5/18/13 at 5:25ampost #13612 of 383145/18/13 at 6:53ampost #13613 of 383145/18/13 at 6:58ampost #13614 of 383145/18/13 at 10:07ampost #13615 of 383145/18/13 at 10:09ampost #13616 of 383145/18/13 at 10:12amThe Astro Mixamp is the best on the market for consoles (assuming you're on Xbox 360 because you have the X12), but it's $130. It's something you should buy down the road.
Edited by HiFiGamer1995 - 5/18/13 at 10:17ampost #13617 of 383145/18/13 at 10:32am
If you are using a computer for gaming, then you can get a usb sound card like the Xonar U3. You may already have a sound card with virtual surround sound, though.
edit: or maybe the "Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Go! Pro"?
Edited by daleb - 5/18/13 at 10:33ampost #13618 of 383145/18/13 at 10:32am
I typically game on the PC nowadays, and the X12 works on PC as well, but it will become my Xbox 360 set once the SR850 and Modmic arrive. What meant was if you guys new of any decent sound cards/DACs/Amps that work well for a PC...post #13619 of 383145/18/13 at 10:56amQuote:
How about the Xonar DG? Its really cheap for a sound card.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 2 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear