or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 905

post #13561 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


The Xonar U3 USB soundcard ought to do the job fine, it is an appropriate choice for the headphones you're looking at.

Overall, I hope I helped, and that you are happy with what you can get smily_headphones1.gif

 

Thank you Evshrug :)

i will go with the sennheisers
problem with importing things from US is that i dont get any warranty on them here in my country
so even if i extend my budget to lets say 60 to 70 $

can i have a few more sennheisers to choose from (please list all headphones that can be considered above HD 202s) ?
and also since i am tight on budget 
What would be better buying cheap headphones along with usb soundcard (Xonar U3)

or buying a good set of headphones which arent that cheap and neglecting the soundcard (i might buy it some day later) ?
considering i have to play competitive CS 1.6 on my laptop
or may be an unknown PC during lan parties.

post #13562 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankdude View Post

Thank you Evshrug :)

i will go with the sennheisers
problem with importing things from US is that i dont get any warranty on them here in my country
so even if i extend my budget to lets say 60 to 70 $

can i have a few more sennheisers to choose from (please list all headphones that can be considered above HD 202s) ?
and also since i am tight on budget 
What would be better buying cheap headphones along with usb soundcard (Xonar U3)

or buying a good set of headphones which arent that cheap and neglecting the soundcard (i might buy it some day later) ?
considering i have to play competitive CS 1.6 on my laptop
or may be an unknown PC during lan parties.

 

I personally would recommend getting well performing budget headphones with the U3. The U3 will allow for Dolby Headphone processing which you won't get direct from most laptops. I've seen a few with Dolby Home Theater on them, which includes DH, but they're pretty uncommon. And quality surround processing is definitely something I don't want to miss out on if able. There are some pretty decent hitters out there for under $30 that would work with the U3 to keep your total purchase under $60, assuming you can get prices for the same as here in America while maintaining the warranty.

post #13563 of 37353
Well AxelCloris, I think he's specifically asking for the names of those heavy hitters you're mentioning. I mentioned the few I have had personal positive experience with, but I'm sure others would be interested in other "heavy hitters" at those price ranges.
post #13564 of 37353

I have a question that i dont feel needs a new thread. Its quite stupid really, but i m curious.

 

I desire a new sound card, preferably creative sound blaster x-fi HD (one with CMSS-3D) to go along with my AKG Q701. I know that card cant power these cans  so i looked at head and seen people suggest Fiio E9 for those on a budget (in nursing school trying to make thing meet). My question is, how do these two actually connect? Like i've looked a pictures but i dont get it. I dont want to buy not compatible parts is what im getting at.

 

Why? Uhm i want to sell my Xonar essence STX, i do not like it and i have never, yes never been happy with it. If anyone wants it I will sell  it(pm me). I'm on break for a week, went to a friends house and heard how amazing video games sound. I mean, wow, i know i have been busy and all and video games look/sound different after an extended absence, but bf3 never sounded so good on this computer, he runs a similar card that i listed. I am totally jealous to the point i must have one for later this summer after i finish my 8wks of hell.

 

Thanks.

 

post #13565 of 37353
Thread Starter 
I'm currently writing in my PLYR 1 review while at work. Need just a bit more time with them to finalize the review, but it's looking good so far.
post #13566 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post
No, no. My soundcard is the Recon 3Di or whatever. It has the same thing as the USB one.

 

Oh, right...probably Creative's successor to the X-Fi MB2 software suite, if I had to guess.

 

You'll have to look through the control panel and see if you can set it to Headphones somehow while the Windows speaker setting remains at 5.1 or 7.1. That's generally the key, even before you start fiddling around with the Surround slider.

post #13567 of 37353
Thread Starter 
It literally looks exactly like the Recon 3D USB in terms of functions. the only diff being there is no 'virtual surround button) to manually touch.

I set my the device to 5.1 surround on the playback devices, and on the THX Tru Studio software, I set it to headphones. I'm still not sure it's gonna function right.

It does sound processed when I switch to 5.1, so it looks like I'll have to manually switch back to 2 channel when listening to music.

ugh, i don't get it.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/16/13 at 2:49am
post #13568 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

 

I personally would recommend getting well performing budget headphones with the U3. The U3 will allow for Dolby Headphone processing which you won't get direct from most laptops. I've seen a few with Dolby Home Theater on them, which includes DH, but they're pretty uncommon. And quality surround processing is definitely something I don't want to miss out on if able. There are some pretty decent hitters out there for under $30 that would work with the U3 to keep your total purchase under $60, assuming you can get prices for the same as here in America while maintaining the warranty.

okay 
so can you please list them 
please list those budget performers you are talking off and also the headphones upto budget of around 60 $ 
again sennheisers are the most preferable brand here in my country 
so i would prefer them over any other brands . 
Thank You

post #13569 of 37353

Can anyone recommend some good headphones for gaming with good soundstage that are closed? From what I've read good ones are SRH 940 and AKG k550, DT770 not an option bc if it's sibilance (had DT880, didn't like it). Anything else that is worth considering or any advice on which would be better?

post #13570 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo4 View Post

Can anyone recommend some good headphones for gaming with good soundstage that are closed? From what I've read good ones are SRH 940 and AKG k550, DT770 not an option bc if it's sibilance (had DT880, didn't like it). Anything else that is worth considering or any advice on which would be better?

 

Some people like A900X and the other higher up closed Audio Techinicas (W1000X).  Denon 7000.

post #13571 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post

 

Some people like A900X and the other higher up closed Audio Techinicas (W1000X).  Denon 7000.

Hmm forgot about the A900x, that is pretty good, but the others are too much for me.

 

Any other recommendations?


Edited by Christo4 - 5/16/13 at 11:05am
post #13572 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo4 View Post

Hmm forgot about the A900x, that is pretty good, but the others are too much for me.

Any other recommendations?
Creative Aurvana Live!, they're a Denon rebrand
post #13573 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Creative Aurvana Live!, they're a Denon rebrand

Technically Fostex is the OEM but pretty much...and they use bio-cellulose technology in their driver.  They've got a very fun sound, I picked up a pair for my brother for music and gaming (non-competitive) and he's been enjoying them quite a bit.  MLE's review of them is fairly accurate I'd say.

post #13574 of 37353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evshrug View Post


Creative Aurvana Live!, they're a Denon rebrand

 

Yeah I've heard of it, but i was hoping for something better that's why i said something like AKG k550 or Shure Srh 940.

I was looking a bit to see how easy it is to get A900x in Europe, it's just through imports so it will take too much to arrive, i want to purchase something next week. Didn't like DT 880 so i don't think that i will like DT 770.

I'd pick something from K550 or SRH940, but from reading on the forums opinions are so different, some say one is better some say the other one is better. SO frustrating...

Thank you for the suggestions so far guys, is there anything else i should consider, or any advice on these headphones?

post #13575 of 37353
I am an utter and complete novice when it comes to audiophilia (is that right?). My current set (http://goo.gl/Mk0AS Turtle Beach X12) is working fine, but I want something a little higher end, so I thought, If you want something done right, go to the pros. My budget is $80-$85 max, no higher than $90 once the mic is factored in. And yes, I do require a mic and good gaming quality. My options are: $50-$60 headphones + Antlion Modmic, $70-$80 Headphones + Zalman (or other clip-on), or $80-$90 Headset. Also, I want it to be semi-open or closed, as bleeding or leaking could be an issue, but some is alright. Suggestions? Which should I go for (I listen to the games, as well watch YouTube & listen to music a lot, too, but a decent mic is still wanted), or should I stick with the X12's?
While I have been getting some help elsewhere, this thread is a fair bit more active than most any others, so... Help. The two I am leaning towards are the Sony MDR V6 + Antlion Modmic, or the Skullcandy SLYR. So, which is better for gaming or are there any other better ones for the price?
I know the CALs are highly recommended, but they seem flimsy. Am I a fool in thinking this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)