Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 898post #13456 of 382665/12/13 at 3:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13457 of 382665/12/13 at 4:19pmpost #13458 of 382665/12/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Where is the Fidelio X1?post #13459 of 382665/12/13 at 4:22pmThread Starter
Lol, I'm not getting that. I'd love it, but I'm mostly a one headphone guy. One open, one closed, at the most.
Thanks daleb! I was rushing, honestly. So green about all that. I need to learn editing and the like.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/12/13 at 4:27pmpost #13460 of 382665/12/13 at 4:23pmpost #13461 of 382665/12/13 at 4:27pmThread Starter
I sold them to fund for the LCD2, and I've sold the LCD2 to fund for the Kingsound electrostatic headphone.
I'm a fickle person. Don't judge me.post #13462 of 382665/12/13 at 5:57pmpost #13463 of 382665/12/13 at 6:09pmThread StarterProbably. Testing the waters.
I'll try again with the Kingsound KS-H1 and it's M-10 amp. Probably prop my phone up between two books, so I can use both hands. XD
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/12/13 at 6:13pmpost #13464 of 382665/12/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by 3X0
Honestly, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Q701 for competitive gaming purposes. While the sound was very diffuse, I didn't find the cues themselves to be exceedingly precise or accurate. While it'd give me a good idea of what quadrant noises would be coming from, I wasn't always sure of their precise location. I'd even go as far as to call it misdirection.
I think the W3000ANVs are better in this regard, and perhaps even the W1000Xs. The W1000X felt more accurate to me than the Q701s, and had a benefit of subjectively better immersion thanks to its frequency response.
REALLY, wow I own the w1000x, and you feel it's BETTER... hehe lucky me.post #13465 of 382665/12/13 at 7:41pmpost #13466 of 382665/12/13 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #13467 of 382665/12/13 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #13468 of 382665/12/13 at 7:44pm
Ok, so I went ahead and purchased the SRH840 instead of the SRH840 as my closed can. I tested it for gaming and it performed quite decent except for the soundstage. It's a pretty 'fun' can, actually. It reminds me of the M50, somewhat. For music, however, these babies shine for the price range.
It's like when I used to have the AD700 and M50. The AD700 was for gaming/movies and the M50 was for music. It is slowly becoming the same with my Q701 and SRH840, now. I don't know if that's a good thing... or bad thing...
Edit: I meant to say "purchased the SRH840 instead of the SRH940"
Edited by Change is Good - 5/12/13 at 8:01pmpost #13469 of 382665/12/13 at 7:46pmThread StarterQuote:
Lol.post #13470 of 382665/12/13 at 7:47pm
So uhh some thoughts on my new DT 880. I think I will be returning them. I am no good at describing sound but I will try. From playing games like Uncharted 3 I found the sound of gun fire to be fairly harsh. Its very clear but they seem to have less uhhh.... "weight" to them compared to my AX 720 headset. Sound of gun fire sounds more "full" on the AX720 than on the DT 880. Had this problem with other sounds to but gun fire stood out the most. Really hope this makes sense to someone. So I will be getting them exchanged.
Any suggestions of what to go for, considering how I found the DT 880 to sound. I do like its sound stage and bass though. Looking for immersion but not overpowering bass. Budget of $250
Edited by BigEarsMan - 5/12/13 at 7:48pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA22 Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Oh no, it's another "I need IEM and DAP recommendations" thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear