Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Deep, Dark but not Handsome?! Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank Pandora for sending these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from an objective...
Even at their current $89 price, I consider the Klipsch R6s an excellent value. They are fundamentally honest about what you put into them. Although they reveal a great deal about each recording,...
With my head laid back, eyes closed, and feet tapping to the beat, I can’t help but be thankful for some of the audio equipment that I have. Thankfully, Justin Weber, owner of Ampsandsound,...
Acknowledgment It’s always a privilege to check out new gear in exchange for your honest opinion. Thanks, iFi, for letting me in on this particular party. I’ve been borrowing this unit...
Introduction I have recently had the good fortune to review 1More’s excellent Triple Driver 1001 In Ear Monitors and their MK802 Bluetooth full-sized headphone and was left extremely impressed...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 898post #13456 of 374045/12/13 at 3:56pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13457 of 374045/12/13 at 4:19pmpost #13458 of 374045/12/13 at 4:21pmQuote:
Where is the Fidelio X1?post #13459 of 374045/12/13 at 4:22pmThread Starter
Lol, I'm not getting that. I'd love it, but I'm mostly a one headphone guy. One open, one closed, at the most.
Thanks daleb! I was rushing, honestly. So green about all that. I need to learn editing and the like.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/12/13 at 4:27pmpost #13460 of 374045/12/13 at 4:23pmpost #13461 of 374045/12/13 at 4:27pmThread Starter
I sold them to fund for the LCD2, and I've sold the LCD2 to fund for the Kingsound electrostatic headphone.
I'm a fickle person. Don't judge me.post #13462 of 374045/12/13 at 5:57pmpost #13463 of 374045/12/13 at 6:09pmThread StarterProbably. Testing the waters.
I'll try again with the Kingsound KS-H1 and it's M-10 amp. Probably prop my phone up between two books, so I can use both hands. XD
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/12/13 at 6:13pmpost #13464 of 374045/12/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by 3X0
Honestly, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Q701 for competitive gaming purposes. While the sound was very diffuse, I didn't find the cues themselves to be exceedingly precise or accurate. While it'd give me a good idea of what quadrant noises would be coming from, I wasn't always sure of their precise location. I'd even go as far as to call it misdirection.
I think the W3000ANVs are better in this regard, and perhaps even the W1000Xs. The W1000X felt more accurate to me than the Q701s, and had a benefit of subjectively better immersion thanks to its frequency response.
REALLY, wow I own the w1000x, and you feel it's BETTER... hehe lucky me.post #13465 of 374045/12/13 at 7:41pmpost #13466 of 374045/12/13 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #13467 of 374045/12/13 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #13468 of 374045/12/13 at 7:44pm
Ok, so I went ahead and purchased the SRH840 instead of the SRH840 as my closed can. I tested it for gaming and it performed quite decent except for the soundstage. It's a pretty 'fun' can, actually. It reminds me of the M50, somewhat. For music, however, these babies shine for the price range.
It's like when I used to have the AD700 and M50. The AD700 was for gaming/movies and the M50 was for music. It is slowly becoming the same with my Q701 and SRH840, now. I don't know if that's a good thing... or bad thing...
Edit: I meant to say "purchased the SRH840 instead of the SRH940"
Edited by Change is Good - 5/12/13 at 8:01pmpost #13469 of 374045/12/13 at 7:46pmThread StarterQuote:
Lol.post #13470 of 374045/12/13 at 7:47pm
So uhh some thoughts on my new DT 880. I think I will be returning them. I am no good at describing sound but I will try. From playing games like Uncharted 3 I found the sound of gun fire to be fairly harsh. Its very clear but they seem to have less uhhh.... "weight" to them compared to my AX 720 headset. Sound of gun fire sounds more "full" on the AX720 than on the DT 880. Had this problem with other sounds to but gun fire stood out the most. Really hope this makes sense to someone. So I will be getting them exchanged.
Any suggestions of what to go for, considering how I found the DT 880 to sound. I do like its sound stage and bass though. Looking for immersion but not overpowering bass. Budget of $250
Edited by BigEarsMan - 5/12/13 at 7:48pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 18 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 52 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 minute ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear