- 16,398 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Sometimes I have a strong desire to start a review with a conclusion, and then explain everything in more details. This time I think I'll follow this urge. So, OPUS#2 from theBit became for me one...
Meze is a Romanian company which became widely known on a portable audio market after releasing its wooden 99 Classics model. These headphones became a hit due to a semi-portable form factor,...
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 819post #12271 of 379693/13/13 at 6:48amThread StarterGlad to hear they're working out for you. For such a low price, the SLYR is a must have for those who want a headset. The meaning of bang for buck is strong with that headset. For sure.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12272 of 379693/13/13 at 9:56ampost #12273 of 379693/13/13 at 10:02amQuote:
There can only be one, Antlion ModMic.post #12274 of 379693/13/13 at 10:05amI keep saying I should sell my AD700 (was completely taken by my Q701's last night through Zigis' SET tube hybrid) with hookups/adapters for gaming, but... then I keep taking it out again to game with. Guess I'm just stubborn.Quote:
I bought these... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DJOIHE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They're currently out of stock (have come back in stock a few times), but you get the benefits of buying on Amazon and they ship in like a week. Similar brands may suffice, but this is the one I personally bought and use. Seller was BestDealUSA. If you buy Mad's Mixamp & he gives you his DealExtreme lapel mic, you should be fine: I suspect that they're essentially the same mic.
Edited by Evshrug - 3/13/13 at 10:25ampost #12275 of 379693/13/13 at 4:10pm
Just letting the gamers out there know I have a 2010 wired astro mixamp for sale as I have been out of the gaming scene for a while. Info in is my sig. Sorry for derailing the thread.post #12276 of 379693/13/13 at 4:40pmQuote:
Pmed you and waiting on a reply.post #12277 of 379693/13/13 at 9:07pmpost #12278 of 379693/13/13 at 9:15pmpost #12279 of 379693/13/13 at 9:33pmpost #12280 of 379693/13/13 at 9:37pmThread Starterpost #12281 of 379693/13/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
TELL ME ABOUT IT
The annies are closed are they not? I'd LIKE a GOOD freaking Closed can for crying out loud <.< which I guess the Mad Dog is, still I'm not a big portable user any moar although I really do need a decent pair
NOPE Annies are open back.
I might try one of those WOODEN Audio Technica's I've seen around herepost #12282 of 379693/13/13 at 9:55pmMshenay,
The Q701 I have leaks out plenty of sound, though a little less when someone is wearing it. My mom wasn't complaining about it while she was making dinner, and I could hear when she talked to me (I usually had to pause and ask "what?" when she did, though ). Open-backed headphone hasn't been an issue for me.
Those wooden ATs are gorgeous, but they scream for regular cleaning and obsessing. Mad is probably going to tell you any minute now how he didn't like them so much for gaming (though possibly enjoyed them for music?).Quote:
Ah, I couldn't see your sig from my mobile browser, so I'm glad for you that you have the chance to gain more seller feedback
Edited by Evshrug - 3/13/13 at 9:57pmpost #12283 of 379693/13/13 at 10:55pmThread StarterThe only closed Audio Technicas I've heard were the M50, ES7, ESW9, amd A900x. None of them are good for gaming. Also didn't like the A900x for any purpose, though I liked it more than the K550. Both were...meh.post #12284 of 379693/13/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
Evshrug, since you've been holding on to the AD700s for so long, maybe you'd find it worthwhile to upgrade to the AD700X or AD900X.
I've some read good things about the AD900X at least, (I haven't seen as much info on the AD700X), so it could be a worthwhile improvement.post #12285 of 379693/13/13 at 11:12pmMLE, as far as the A900, is that in relative terms compared to the bevy of open headphones you've tried? Or did you just flat out hate them?
Just curious, since I've often seen them recommended as a decent choice for gamers if you have to go closed, and I actually know a couple people that game with them.
I can't say I've gamed with them myself, but based on short listens I'd probably take them over the M50... Wasn't crazy about either tho.
Haven't heard the K550.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations on desktop headphone/amp setup for 80% low fi... 2 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Parasound and Burson adventure 2 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 2 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear