or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 82

post #1216 of 37458

tdockweiler: How do you find the fit of the DT235? I had a 231/235 for a very brief period of time, but found them far too small to isolate any amount of ambient noise, and so I didn't keep them (had planned to use them as portable cans). Clear, but lacking bass too.

 

I oughtta find out how much the KSC75 costs where I live. I'm sure plenty of gamers here would appreciate the recommend for home gaming.

post #1217 of 37458
Thread Starter 
Yeah I saw that. But I'm fine with them as is. I don't think they lack absolutely anything for what they are. The clip ons are hella comfy, so not even a headband is necessary for me. I'm a KSC75 fanboy. XD
post #1218 of 37458

I actually tried that parts express headband mod.  It went from no pressure on ears (with clips), to pressure on ears (with headband).  So, less comfortable IMO and I went back to the clips.  

 

I want to know how those comfort zone pad things feel on the portapros.  They look interesting.

 

post #1219 of 37458

The DT-235 fits OK for me, but I'm not a fan of it's supra-aural pads at all. I actually converted them to being circumaural. The Sennheiser HD-203 pads actually fit! I use the Maxell DHP-II memory foam pads with mine. Once this is done, they actually turn into being bass heavy IMO, which doesn't make any sense to me! This is why I had to experiment with modding to get them to sound good with the over the ear pads.

 

I guess I shouldn't call them bass heavy, but it was kind of bloated and just didn't sound good. Kind of like the AKG K44 without an EQ.

 

With circumaural pads, the DT-235 is one of the most comfortable headphones there is that's portable.

 

I wish the KSC75 was a tad more comfortable. I guess wearing glasses doesn't help!

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

tdockweiler: How do you find the fit of the DT235? I had a 231/235 for a very brief period of time, but found them far too small to isolate any amount of ambient noise, and so I didn't keep them (had planned to use them as portable cans). Clear, but lacking bass too.

 

I oughtta find out how much the KSC75 costs where I live. I'm sure plenty of gamers here would appreciate the recommend for home gaming.



 

post #1220 of 37458

update ended up getting the pc360 a week old £80 . liking them alot, so much more tweet and mid than me pc161, hearing things now in bc2 that i didn't with the old 1's. vol on the side just great, no more worring about inline vol failing. whats the thing that useley goes for me any way.

 

Was thinking of getting e11/e9 or muse hybrid amp. i know alot saying don't really need but if makes little better plus another gadgit. well didn't go with any of them, impulse buy off ebay set of a30 with 5.8 mixamp used £100. ok don't need the a30 but the amp is that on its own from what i,ve seen. can always resell a30's. on a plus side should be able to hookup to tv for late night movies,

post #1221 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by staffy View Post

update ended up getting the pc360 a week old £80 . liking them alot, so much more tweet and mid than me pc161, hearing things now in bc2 that i didn't with the old 1's. vol on the side just great, no more worring about inline vol failing. whats the thing that useley goes for me any way.

Was thinking of getting e11/e9 or muse hybrid amp. i know alot saying don't really need but if makes little better plus another gadgit. well didn't go with any of them, impulse buy off ebay set of a30 with 5.8 mixamp used £100. ok don't need the a30 but the amp is that on its own from what i,ve seen. can always resell a30's. on a plus side should be able to hookup to tv for late night movies,


I done same I got pair of pc 360 second hand on eBay for £72 awesome investment, they are my multiplayer headset of choice and that volume adjuster is great and my dt 990 I gonna mainly have just for single player and music
post #1222 of 37458

So you guys wanted a review of the HD800 using it on MW2, well. I just got the HD800 2 days ago and all I can say from my brief playing time, it's pretty much perfect for competitive gaming, the positional cues are pinpoint, the bass is not overpowering, when helicopters were online They didn't interfere with catching positional cues, I could pinpoint when people were over me, behind me, in the bushes, from miles away I could pinpoint if someone was sniping at me from up above and exactly which position he was at and on what floor he was. I couldn't do that with the Pro 900 and it wasn't as clear as with the HD800.

this is ofcourse using only stereo, I have yet to try it on Mixamp since I don't have it at the moment.

Comparing the HD800 to the Ultrasone 900 is really simple, the Ultrasone has much more emphasized bass, the explosions are brutal, the helicopters when they are on are interfering with catching the positional cues, almost impossible.

the soundstage on the Pro 900 is ridiculous compared to the HD800, to sum it up, the Ultrasone are more fun to me in terms of pure enjoyment considering all the massive explosions,gunshots and what not but the HD800 is for competitive and relaxing game, The hd800 in my opinion is almost perfect, and I adore the sound signature very much, really my cup of tea and I know it will get better!


Edited by dadab12 - 5/21/11 at 9:06am
post #1223 of 37458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadab12 View Post

So you guys wanted a review of the HD800 using it on MW2, well. I just got the HD800 2 days ago and all I can say from my brief playing time, it's pretty much perfect for competitive gaming, the positional cues are pinpoint, the bass is not overpowering, when helicopters were online They didn't interfere with catching positional cues, I could pinpoint when people were over me, behind me, in the bushes, from miles away I could pinpoint if someone was sniping at me from up above and exactly which position he was at and on what floor he was. I couldn't do that with the Pro 900 and it wasn't as clear as with the HD800.

this is ofcourse using only stereo, I have yet to try it on Mixamp since I don't have it at the moment.

Comparing the HD800 to the Ultrasone 900 is really simple, the Ultrasone has much more emphasized bass, the explosions are brutal, the helicopters when they are on are interfering with catching the positional cues, almost impossible.

the soundstage on the Pro 900 is ridiculous compared to the HD800, to sum it up, the Ultrasone are more fun to me in terms of pure enjoyment considering all the massive explosions,gunshots and what not but the HD800 is for competitive and relaxing game, The hd800 in my opinion is almost perfect, and I adore the sound signature very much, really my cup of tea and I know it will get better!

 

You are at the utmost advantage my friend. Very few game with the HD800, and the majority of gamers don't even know what a headphone is... tongue_smile.gif

post #1224 of 37458

Yeah well, it's ridiculous but I wanna try it using the 7.1 on the mixamp :)

post #1225 of 37458
Thread Starter 
The one person I know who has played with the HD800 + Mixamp came out as impressd with it as the K70x + Mixamp, but even better. That would make it a stellar gaming can for me, no question. Unfortunately, the HD800 is know as mid and treble oriented, with bass not on par, so that alone would keep me from spending that much on them. Not my kind of sound sig, though I'm sure they are amazing at what their strengths do.
post #1226 of 37458

they improved the bass in newer models. I like the bass more than the Ultrasone pro 900. it's quality is superb for me

post #1227 of 37458
Does the Astro mixamp accept a 1/4" headphone jack?
post #1228 of 37458
Thread Starter 
No, you will need an adapter.
post #1229 of 37458

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster! 

 

Just wanted to chime in and say due to this thread, and many many hours of reading, I have just ordered a pair of DT990/600s and a MixAmp! SO excited to get them in the mail! Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and input. My walled does weep at future purchases surely to come from this forum! 

post #1230 of 37458

How is the noise floor on the mixamp?  The DSS has a pretty obvious noise floor.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)