Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 806post #12076 of 379303/3/13 at 12:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12077 of 379303/3/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes. Check first page before the reviews for the amps.post #12078 of 379303/3/13 at 1:28pmQuote:Quote:
If i get to much into this head-fi, which I probably will. Then the T90, looks like some nice cans.
Could be fun to try such pair on a good sound card and headphone amp, and then go play some BF3 :D.post #12079 of 379303/3/13 at 1:36pm
I read that they are treble hot hence "spiritual successor"... but if you like hot treble by all means disregard what jokes we seem to be poking at the T90. Go for the experience and share.post #12080 of 379303/3/13 at 2:57pmpost #12081 of 379303/3/13 at 3:02pmpost #12082 of 379303/3/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by chicolom
My Q701s are officially for sale.
I hope they go on to a good home. I feel bad sending them away, not knowing where they'll wind up...
FORGIVE ME, Q701s!!!!
they live in the states right?.
not sure how much it will cost to sent them to Denmark?
Edited by Grymok - 3/3/13 at 3:48pmpost #12083 of 379303/3/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
Usually it's around $20 to ship around there, but I've already got some buyers interested I'm dealing with... :\post #12084 of 379303/3/13 at 6:11pmpost #12085 of 379303/3/13 at 7:47pmQuote:The AD700s sound great straight from my Recon3D USB without extra amping, and I think the amp inside the Mixamp (Mix-amp) is slightly more powerful, though more noisy. With the AD700, you don't gain much (lol punny) sound improvement with a dedicated amp, I was plenty happy with just a FiiO E5 amp with stereo connections before I got the surround processor.Originally Posted by OnePunchMan
So, I'm gonna invest in the ad700's for my birthday at the end of the month, but I want a good amp to invest in too so I can get the most out of the 700's. I don't know anything about amps other than the mixamp but I figure if I can get more out of the headphones I'd be willing to pay a little more. Would prefer a portable amp but If need be I'll take a non portable one. I'd also like it to be idiot proof since I am technologically challengedQuote:
Most/many other receivers have their own surround processing, but they don't usually bother branding the tech or build-in a lot of adjustability. Before I got my headphone amps, I preferred to send the audio out from the Recon3D to the stereo input of my Yamaha receiver, set to "straight" mode. What headphone do you have now?post #12086 of 379303/3/13 at 8:17pm
Audio Technica has updated their AD series, any chance that you will try the AD700/900x or maybe AD1000x? I want to try it, but my local suppliers don't have it yet.
So far so good with the HE400, I appreciate the recommendation from this thread. however, I got neck pain after 1 hour of gaming/music. My neck can't bear the weight for long time. My GF also loves the sound, but got neck pain after only 20 mins. Now she using my IE8 instead.post #12087 of 379303/3/13 at 8:32pmpost #12088 of 379303/3/13 at 8:42pmwiddyjudas,
Never say never, but Mad has several times expressed that he doesn't like AT's wings and earpads.
Personally, the wings don't bother me at all, the earpads press my ears flat a bit but it doesn't bother me (I've had gaming sessions as long as 8 hours with my AD700). My issue is the earcups don't have enough pivot axis for adjustment, so if you don't have a wide head most of the clamping pressure is focused on the bottom edge of the earpads, and sometimes the top of the earpads don't touch at all, ruining the seal and making bass weaker. I have been able to make the fit great for me by bending out the headband and rubber-banding together the "wings" so that the clamping pressure is more evenly applied, and I've broken in the pads pretty nicely. They are lighter and apply less pressure than the Q701s, which are lighter still than the HE-400.
Very different sound emphasises between the HE-400 and the AD700.post #12089 of 379303/3/13 at 8:45pmpost #12090 of 379303/3/13 at 9:06pmAstro took out the RCA inputs in their 2013 mixamp. How could I connect/stack a schiit magni to it? i've asked before if it is possible to add the magni to the mixamp … but I first want to know if that can be done with the 2013 version of the mixamp before I spend the $100 on a magni.
Please provide links or cable names so I can look into it more. Again I have the 2013 astro mixamp with akg q701 headphones connected to a playstation 3.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations for a work IEM 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT440 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 5 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear