Hey guys, I got a friend getting into Xbox Live for the first time. He's an IEM-only guy, so I thought it'd be sweet to connect a 3rd-party mic for voice chat. What are the options for doing sth like that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 79post #1171 of 378955/18/11 at 10:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 378955/18/11 at 10:12pmThread Starterhttp://www.nox-audio.com/Products/Negotiator-12
http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-usb (follow the link also for the 5.8 which is a wireless version)
http://www.trittonusa.com/index.php/products/gaming_audio_technology/ax-720/ (this one comes with the box AND headset)
The last 2 links will give you Dolby Headphone, for that virtual surround most of us are raving about. The first two links are stereo only, but are cheaper. I'd personally choose the Astro Mixamps.
BTW, though I don't find IEMs ideal for console gaming, I did find the Hifiman RE0 to work exceptionally well for gaming, especially with Dolby Headphone. Like a baby K701, without the soundstage.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/18/11 at 10:16pmpost #1173 of 378955/18/11 at 10:28pmpost #1174 of 378955/18/11 at 10:39pmThread StarterLol, I happened to be on (just got home). XD
There are cheaper options still, but they won't have voice and game volume mixing, and sound quality will also be inferior to what you're getting here.post #1175 of 378955/18/11 at 10:54pm
Just save up and get this bad boy and be done.
For bonus lolz read the instructions.post #1176 of 378955/18/11 at 11:08pmThread StarterHahaha. Yeah, that's be a quick and painless route if you're just trying to hook up a mic... though I'm sure the SQ is gonna be lacking... But anyways.post #1177 of 378955/18/11 at 11:23pmpost #1178 of 378955/18/11 at 11:27pmThread Starterpost #1179 of 378955/18/11 at 11:33pm
Steel Series' Spectrum looks the best bet, at the moment. They've got local distributors in Singapore, so it should be easier to get hold of the product.
So let me see if I understand this right: the Spectrum taps into both the chat audio out of the controller, and the game audio from the system (via male-to-female RCA adapter that sits in between console's RCA plugs and TV's ports?), yes? I.e.:
Xbox 360 ---RCA---> Spectrum's RCA adapter --> 1. TV/amp
L--> 2. Spectrum Audio Mixer (at controller)
Edit: found a video that seems to detail the Spectrum setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xha1H6odOo8post #1180 of 378955/18/11 at 11:37pm
Ya, both devices have to pull audio directly from the 360, which makes sense.
They're actually messier than a mixamp cable wise IMO, as your controller is tethered to your console and your headset, instead of just your amp...
And your controllers got that fat dongle hanging off it with cables coming out in 3-4 directions
Edited by chicolom - 5/18/11 at 11:43pmpost #1181 of 378955/18/11 at 11:39pmpost #1182 of 378955/18/11 at 11:40pmpost #1183 of 378955/18/11 at 11:49pmThread StarterThat's why I think the AX720 has the best setup.
I just blame the stupid fact that you have to run a cable from the controller to the amps for voice chat. It's a hassle, which is why I tend to not play with voice chat.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/18/11 at 11:50pmpost #1184 of 378955/18/11 at 11:51pmpost #1185 of 378955/19/11 at 12:07amThread StarterYeah, gaming with headphones on the 360 specifically isn't exactly the cleanest setup.
The easiest one as I mentioned before is the AX720, where everything is ran to the Decoder Box (which you leave near the 360), and only one cable goes from the box to you, and one from the cable's puck to the controller for voice chat, that's it. Though if you're not using the included headset, then it's gonna be the IEMs to the cable, and the mic to the cable, as well as the one from the controller to the cable.
It's as clutered as it sounds... @_@
The "cable' I'm mentioning is the AX720 cable that has a puck on it with all the controls and inputs you need.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/19/11 at 12:10am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 22 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear