Hey guys, I got a friend getting into Xbox Live for the first time. He's an IEM-only guy, so I thought it'd be sweet to connect a 3rd-party mic for voice chat. What are the options for doing sth like that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 79post #1171 of 373665/18/11 at 10:00pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 373665/18/11 at 10:12pmThread Starterhttp://www.nox-audio.com/Products/Negotiator-12
http://www.astrogaming.com/mixamp/mixamp-usb (follow the link also for the 5.8 which is a wireless version)
http://www.trittonusa.com/index.php/products/gaming_audio_technology/ax-720/ (this one comes with the box AND headset)
The last 2 links will give you Dolby Headphone, for that virtual surround most of us are raving about. The first two links are stereo only, but are cheaper. I'd personally choose the Astro Mixamps.
BTW, though I don't find IEMs ideal for console gaming, I did find the Hifiman RE0 to work exceptionally well for gaming, especially with Dolby Headphone. Like a baby K701, without the soundstage.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/18/11 at 10:16pmpost #1173 of 373665/18/11 at 10:28pmpost #1174 of 373665/18/11 at 10:39pmThread StarterLol, I happened to be on (just got home). XD
There are cheaper options still, but they won't have voice and game volume mixing, and sound quality will also be inferior to what you're getting here.post #1175 of 373665/18/11 at 10:54pm
Just save up and get this bad boy and be done.
For bonus lolz read the instructions.post #1176 of 373665/18/11 at 11:08pmThread StarterHahaha. Yeah, that's be a quick and painless route if you're just trying to hook up a mic... though I'm sure the SQ is gonna be lacking... But anyways.post #1177 of 373665/18/11 at 11:23pmpost #1178 of 373665/18/11 at 11:27pmThread Starterpost #1179 of 373665/18/11 at 11:33pm
Steel Series' Spectrum looks the best bet, at the moment. They've got local distributors in Singapore, so it should be easier to get hold of the product.
So let me see if I understand this right: the Spectrum taps into both the chat audio out of the controller, and the game audio from the system (via male-to-female RCA adapter that sits in between console's RCA plugs and TV's ports?), yes? I.e.:
Xbox 360 ---RCA---> Spectrum's RCA adapter --> 1. TV/amp
L--> 2. Spectrum Audio Mixer (at controller)
Edit: found a video that seems to detail the Spectrum setup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xha1H6odOo8post #1180 of 373665/18/11 at 11:37pm
Ya, both devices have to pull audio directly from the 360, which makes sense.
They're actually messier than a mixamp cable wise IMO, as your controller is tethered to your console and your headset, instead of just your amp...
And your controllers got that fat dongle hanging off it with cables coming out in 3-4 directions
Edited by chicolom - 5/18/11 at 11:43pmpost #1181 of 373665/18/11 at 11:39pmpost #1182 of 373665/18/11 at 11:40pmpost #1183 of 373665/18/11 at 11:49pmThread StarterThat's why I think the AX720 has the best setup.
I just blame the stupid fact that you have to run a cable from the controller to the amps for voice chat. It's a hassle, which is why I tend to not play with voice chat.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/18/11 at 11:50pmpost #1184 of 373665/18/11 at 11:51pmpost #1185 of 373665/19/11 at 12:07amThread StarterYeah, gaming with headphones on the 360 specifically isn't exactly the cleanest setup.
The easiest one as I mentioned before is the AX720, where everything is ran to the Decoder Box (which you leave near the 360), and only one cable goes from the box to you, and one from the cable's puck to the controller for voice chat, that's it. Though if you're not using the included headset, then it's gonna be the IEMs to the cable, and the mic to the cable, as well as the one from the controller to the cable.
It's as clutered as it sounds... @_@
The "cable' I'm mentioning is the AX720 cable that has a puck on it with all the controls and inputs you need.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/19/11 at 12:10am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Shiit Yggdrasil DAC "yggy" (230 volt) 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 23 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 59 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › How much better is the hd650 vs hd598? 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear