- 16,364 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 720post #10786 of 373671/14/13 at 5:49pmThread StarterDefinitely the A40s+Mixamp. That A50...meh.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10787 of 373671/14/13 at 8:28pmThread Starterpost #10788 of 373671/14/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
LOL... that's too much amp for one desk. Something's going to break/explode.post #10789 of 373671/14/13 at 9:31pmThread StarterQuote:Lol well, the bottom is the SA-31, so it won't be here for long.
Dear god, how I've missed that lovely volume knob. I will never, EVER again go with digital buttons.
Actually, the Compass 2 is a little shorter in length, about 3-4 inches.post #10790 of 373671/14/13 at 9:31pmpost #10791 of 373671/14/13 at 9:34pmThread StarterThat stack is sexier than any Schiit stack! And it looks like it would turn into a Decepticon!
Wow, now I'm blindly trying to adjust the volume by touching digital buttons... looks like I'm gonna have to get used to having a volume knob again. When I had the NFB5, the volume knob was placed on the right side of the front face. The Compass 2 has it directly in the center. Oh Audio-GD, you are confusing me with adjusting the volume after having owned 3 amps from you guys!
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/14/13 at 9:42pmpost #10792 of 373671/14/13 at 9:43pm
Everyone knows Audio GD makes the sleekest sexiest amps.
Their amps are almost as sexy as their website.
Almost.post #10793 of 373671/14/13 at 9:44pmThread StarterHahahah. That's a low blow! But yes, that website needs a serious overhaul... as well as a fluent english webmaster.
Having messed with the USB input, Optical, as well as using the ODAC to the Compass 2's line (and Compass 2's dac into the SA-31), I can easily say the Compass 2 sounds just as good to me as any combination using the ODAC or SA-31. I could swear it sounds even better because there are no external cables between the DAC and amp in the Compass 2.
The HE-400 sounds REALLY, really good off it right now. Of course, so does the Annie, but I'm focusing on the HE-400 atm.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/14/13 at 10:04pmpost #10794 of 373671/15/13 at 1:22am
As stated somewhere back in this thread, I bought a Q701 and a HD598.
Hd598 went back to amazon, the Q701 just blew it away.
I bought a HD650 for movies and for a little bit more bass. The Q701 eats it in terms of gaming. But I like the HD650 more. The Q701 starts hurting after 4 to 5 hours because of the bumpers. A simple readjustment helps for me.
My Soundcard, the Xonar Essence ST, does a good job. Of course its not a 2000$ amp, but I think its still capable of driving both headphones pretty well.post #10795 of 373671/15/13 at 1:25am
I ended up buying the A40s + mixamp. The mixamp definitely has some issues at the moment primarily microphone related.
As far as audio goes they work perfectly fine. Compared to the Sennheiser PC360's they definitely lack some clarity, but they have better bass response. With the mixamp and features, I feel like the Astro package is a better value. The sound quality is definitely comparable.
The Sennheisers microphone blows it out of the water though, but I don't know if anyone cares about that.post #10796 of 373671/15/13 at 2:03ampost #10797 of 373671/15/13 at 3:06ampost #10798 of 373671/15/13 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #10799 of 373671/15/13 at 8:37amThread StarterHere is what people need to realize about the K702 Anniversary:
The biggest change going from the older AKGs to the Annies is the addition of bass. If your music taste doesn't have a lot of importance towards bass, you may feel the Annie is too similar to the older non-Annies.
However, play some EDM and hip hop on the Annie and compare to the older ones. I GUARANTEE the difference will obvious.
So, if you are one that wished for more bass, better comfort (as in a ginormous leap in comfort), and warmer tone, the Annie will not disappoint. Yes, it is still a K702/Q701, and listening to certain genres will make them sound more similar than different.
Give them their chance, and use them for things that favor the low end.
I am betting that those people who say they sound basically the same as the non-Annies is because they listen to stuff that takes little importance in bass, like Classical.
What the K702 Annie has done is make them a complete all-rounder, and not a specialist. It does everything well, as opposed to certain genres well, like the Q701/K701, etc.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/15/13 at 8:38ampost #10800 of 373671/15/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Now imagine if he had the rare SRM-T2 or BHSE...those things look pretty huge going by the pics, and even have separate power supply blocks!
Also seconding MLE on the convenience of a proper volume knob, since I can tell at a glance what the volume setting actually is.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Tired of my In-Ears breaking every year 18 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › CANT DECIDE BETWEEN 3 TOP UNDER $200 HEADPHONES. VMODA VS SONY VS... 8 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 11 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 14 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 15 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear