- 16,373 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) - Page 720post #10786 of 374281/14/13 at 5:49pmThread StarterDefinitely the A40s+Mixamp. That A50...meh.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #10787 of 374281/14/13 at 8:28pmThread Starterpost #10788 of 374281/14/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
LOL... that's too much amp for one desk. Something's going to break/explode.post #10789 of 374281/14/13 at 9:31pmThread StarterQuote:Lol well, the bottom is the SA-31, so it won't be here for long.
Dear god, how I've missed that lovely volume knob. I will never, EVER again go with digital buttons.
Actually, the Compass 2 is a little shorter in length, about 3-4 inches.post #10790 of 374281/14/13 at 9:31pmpost #10791 of 374281/14/13 at 9:34pmThread StarterThat stack is sexier than any Schiit stack! And it looks like it would turn into a Decepticon!
Wow, now I'm blindly trying to adjust the volume by touching digital buttons... looks like I'm gonna have to get used to having a volume knob again. When I had the NFB5, the volume knob was placed on the right side of the front face. The Compass 2 has it directly in the center. Oh Audio-GD, you are confusing me with adjusting the volume after having owned 3 amps from you guys!
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/14/13 at 9:42pmpost #10792 of 374281/14/13 at 9:43pm
Everyone knows Audio GD makes the sleekest sexiest amps.
Their amps are almost as sexy as their website.
Almost.post #10793 of 374281/14/13 at 9:44pmThread StarterHahahah. That's a low blow! But yes, that website needs a serious overhaul... as well as a fluent english webmaster.
Having messed with the USB input, Optical, as well as using the ODAC to the Compass 2's line (and Compass 2's dac into the SA-31), I can easily say the Compass 2 sounds just as good to me as any combination using the ODAC or SA-31. I could swear it sounds even better because there are no external cables between the DAC and amp in the Compass 2.
The HE-400 sounds REALLY, really good off it right now. Of course, so does the Annie, but I'm focusing on the HE-400 atm.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/14/13 at 10:04pmpost #10794 of 374281/15/13 at 1:22am
As stated somewhere back in this thread, I bought a Q701 and a HD598.
Hd598 went back to amazon, the Q701 just blew it away.
I bought a HD650 for movies and for a little bit more bass. The Q701 eats it in terms of gaming. But I like the HD650 more. The Q701 starts hurting after 4 to 5 hours because of the bumpers. A simple readjustment helps for me.
My Soundcard, the Xonar Essence ST, does a good job. Of course its not a 2000$ amp, but I think its still capable of driving both headphones pretty well.post #10795 of 374281/15/13 at 1:25am
I ended up buying the A40s + mixamp. The mixamp definitely has some issues at the moment primarily microphone related.
As far as audio goes they work perfectly fine. Compared to the Sennheiser PC360's they definitely lack some clarity, but they have better bass response. With the mixamp and features, I feel like the Astro package is a better value. The sound quality is definitely comparable.
The Sennheisers microphone blows it out of the water though, but I don't know if anyone cares about that.post #10796 of 374281/15/13 at 2:03ampost #10797 of 374281/15/13 at 3:06ampost #10798 of 374281/15/13 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #10799 of 374281/15/13 at 8:37amThread StarterHere is what people need to realize about the K702 Anniversary:
The biggest change going from the older AKGs to the Annies is the addition of bass. If your music taste doesn't have a lot of importance towards bass, you may feel the Annie is too similar to the older non-Annies.
However, play some EDM and hip hop on the Annie and compare to the older ones. I GUARANTEE the difference will obvious.
So, if you are one that wished for more bass, better comfort (as in a ginormous leap in comfort), and warmer tone, the Annie will not disappoint. Yes, it is still a K702/Q701, and listening to certain genres will make them sound more similar than different.
Give them their chance, and use them for things that favor the low end.
I am betting that those people who say they sound basically the same as the non-Annies is because they listen to stuff that takes little importance in bass, like Classical.
What the K702 Annie has done is make them a complete all-rounder, and not a specialist. It does everything well, as opposed to certain genres well, like the Q701/K701, etc.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/15/13 at 8:38ampost #10800 of 374281/15/13 at 9:07amQuote:
Now imagine if he had the rare SRM-T2 or BHSE...those things look pretty huge going by the pics, and even have separate power supply blocks!
Also seconding MLE on the convenience of a proper volume knob, since I can tell at a glance what the volume setting actually is.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 CS Closed Back 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 4 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear