- 116 Posts. Joined 7/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) - Page 1033post #15481 of 300077/29/13 at 10:50pmWhat about the Sony MDR - R1? anyone tried this? Im guessing for gaming, only the X1, 990 Pro, and maybe MA900 are the only oneswith good bass and good sound stage for surround sound?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #15482 of 300077/29/13 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by kman1211
I really think the Sony MDR-MA900 needs to be added to this review. They are phenomenal for gaming, their soundstage is incredible and very 3D sounding. I honestly think their soundstage is quite a bit better than the Q701s and HD 598s, both of which can sound a bit congested and 2D in comparison.
Are they really better than the Q701's for competitive gaming? Did you A/B compare them or is that based off memory?
Edited by cheuh - 7/30/13 at 1:00ampost #15483 of 300077/29/13 at 10:52pm
I scored the Philips Fidelio X1 headphones a week ago for $237 from Sonicelectronix (they had a coupon code up when I order that took off $12 from their normal price). This is my first set of killer headphones ever and I am shocked each time I use. The sound is simply incredible. Prior to this I had only used Turtle Beach headphones and all I can say is the ones I had from TB were crap compared to these. I have the X1 hooked up to a Mixamp and I cannot believe the sounds I have been missing on my PS3 and 360. They also feel great when I wear them with my glasses.
I am a believer in the X1.post #15484 of 300077/29/13 at 10:58pmThat's a bit of a shame, I would love for Beyer to release an open-back that isn't overly elevated in the treble. I did like the T1 when I heard it but I agree it's a bit bright and tizzy, wouldnt be a headphone I would buy, I cant handle elevated treble for extended periods of time. The T1 was less bright than the HD 800 for me though, which I found rather unpleasant, it didn't sound harsh but it was quite bright and splashy sounding and some reason it gave me ear fatigue in a short amount of time.
I may consider loaning my MA900s out but it will be a while if I do as I'm kind of moving around a good deal until school starts up again.post #15485 of 300077/29/13 at 11:11pmI can't say for sure on the Q701 yet, I am going off memory on them sadly. I could be wrong though. I always had a little trouble truly grasping the Q701s soundstage and imaging properly while with the MA900 I never did. I will be able to compare them properly when i can borrow my friends Q701. I did hear the MA900 vs HD 598 though.post #15486 of 300077/30/13 at 12:57ampost #15487 of 300077/30/13 at 2:06am
You might want to check this thread:
MLE's thread is mainly for console gamers.post #15488 of 300077/30/13 at 4:29ampost #15489 of 300077/30/13 at 4:40amQuote:
Oh no.. i was almost convinced on buying the t90's :p now after reading around a bit more maybe not.. the reviews seem mixed.. some people really love it while others hate it.. maybe i neet to hear it myself..post #15490 of 300077/30/13 at 4:58ampost #15491 of 300077/30/13 at 4:58amThread StarterI mean, trebly headphones don't bother me, but I'm over that phase. So while I love Beyers, they're just not what I look for in sound anymore.post #15492 of 300077/30/13 at 11:15am
Hi Mad Lust,
Thanks for all the great tips and info! Your thread is so useful. I'm a PC gamer and I play alot of competitive FPS games. I've decided to get a pair of Audio-Technica AD700X. Not alot of reviews out yet for this update on the AD700. I'm hoping I don't have any comfort issues. Just gonna have to try them out. I'm going to be feeding them from an ASUS Xonar DGX card and will definitely be using Dolby Headphone for some virtual surround positioning.
Kromaticpost #15493 of 300077/30/13 at 2:47pmKromatic,
I used an AD700 for three years, definitely a special headphone with great value. The downside is poor bass extension, so it sounds fairly lean, but the pluses are accurate, out-of-your-head soundstaging that is one of the best with virtual surround, light weight and low fatigue, and easy clarity to pick up on tactical details while gaming. I actually think it responds well to EQ, I used the bass-boost function with my Recon3D and was really impressed playing Metro: 2033, the scene where the anomaly rumbles past actually seemed bassy and powerful.
I would recommend not being afraid to bend the headband (3 places, in at the center then out flatter at 1/3rds areas) so that the ear cups sit more flush with your head (too wide at stock for most European heads), and maybe trying a hair-tie or medium sized rubber band between the "wings" to increase clamping force. They don't require as much special expensive amping as other headphones.
I think you will be quite impressed.post #15494 of 300077/30/13 at 10:22pm
So it only took me forever, but I finally put up my thread about Marantz receivers with Dolby Headphone processing. I hope it's useful for anyone looking at going the AVR route for DH.post #15495 of 300077/31/13 at 3:01amWith the dss/mix amp, do you have to feed it a Dolby digital (true surround signal) for it to process to Dolby headphone, or can it do it from a stereo source
Because surely optical can only output coded Dolby digital or 2 channel lpcm, so although consoles code output to Dolby digital it wouldn't work on pc unless you're running with Dolby digital live?
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-2 Fazor 1 second ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 40 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 42 seconds ago
- › Fostex T50RP with alpha pad & comfort strap, otherwise not modded yet 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2