- 26 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) - Page 919post #13771 of 300035/23/13 at 9:19pmWell today I should receive my new Annies and Schiit Magni! Cables came today so ready to get them all setup. So very excited.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #13772 of 300035/23/13 at 9:20pmpost #13773 of 300035/23/13 at 9:20pmpost #13774 of 300035/23/13 at 11:16pmpost #13775 of 300035/23/13 at 11:51pm
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits.post #13776 of 300035/24/13 at 12:28amThread StarterQuote:
Similar. Dont have them to A/B, but they have a similar level of presence and impact, fwir.post #13777 of 300035/24/13 at 2:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Fegefeuer
You'll get cinematic bass with the Signature DJ as well. I dived into the experience from the very beginning. Never heard such a great subwoofer bass in headphones that doesn't destory the rest of the spectrum and hits very hard. I finished Infamous in 2 days which is beyond my regular habits.
$1000.00, no thanks!post #13778 of 300035/24/13 at 3:40amHigh end Denons are probably the only headphones that give you that sub-woofer like ear rattling sub-bass. They ought to since there one of the leading high end home theatre manufacturers.post #13779 of 300035/24/13 at 7:32ampost #13780 of 300035/24/13 at 7:40amThread Starterpost #13781 of 300035/24/13 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by daleb
The HA-S500s are the bassiest headphones I have heard in my life. These are so uncomfortable without the HM5 mod (easiest mod in the world, all you do is replace the earpads), which should cost you less then then $90 after all is said and done. Don't know if It'll feel like a subwoofer, with movie audio, though. Dubstep sounds like it has a really really loud subwoofer attached, though.
Edit: Note, when I say these are uncomfortable without the mod, I mean I find the HD 280s comfortable, and MLE gave those a 1 for comfort. MLE, you need to get these just so I can find out what score you'd give them.
Default pads are a bit uncomfortable at first and they really did hurt my ears, especially the left one for some reason. Believe me though, when I say that the more you use them, the less they'll hurt because they'll slowly take the right shape! At the moment, I can wear them for about 2-3 hours with no problem whatsoever.
The bass is of a very high quality and doesn't get in the way at all! The mids are very clear and treble is a tinsy bit recessed. I'm in love with these cans honestly. :-)
Edited by Naingolann - 5/24/13 at 12:46pmpost #13782 of 300035/24/13 at 1:46pmpost #13783 of 300035/24/13 at 2:22pm
Hi, I recently bought Oculus Rift virtual reality headset and I want to bring that surround experience into my ears. So I was looking for surround sound headsets.
I'm also using a MSI GE60 notebook as my gaming machine. So I don't know about its onboard sound quality which has THX TruStudio Pro drivers on it (I don't know if it tells something).
The place where I'm at several different prices for the headsets I'm considering. People often suggest Astro A40/A50's but it's not available in my area. Also Turtle Beach isn't available too. So my options are as follows:
Corsair Vengeance 1500 (165$)
Plantronics Gamescom 780 (102$)
SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB (170$)
These are my first options, there are also:
Sennheiser PC 360 (255$)
Sennheiser PC 363d (325$)
So PC 360 is one of the favorites, but a bit pricey. So between the first three, which one you choose? Or should I really get PC 360.
My main concern is the surround sound quality, I want a realistic sound production from the phones.post #13784 of 300035/24/13 at 3:48pmI have the pc360 and that would be my vote they have a nice soundstage, nice detail and bass is neutral. Good sense of space and airiness. While gaming I can get a few extra kills just based on sound whoring with Dolby enabled. There are better headphones available for the price with standalone mic, but as a headset they are great. The pc363d is pretty much the same headset except cosmetics altered and a dac included. I personally don't think the extra $ is worth it unless you are skimping on $ and don't already have a dac substitute.
Edited by foreign - 5/24/13 at 3:54pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado Fan Club! 55 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Superlux HD668B are they really that good or just a cheap copycat??? 2 minutes ago
- › Diagram or exploded view for AKG K340 elastic and headband... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2