- 140 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Hawaii
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added) - Page 590post #8836 of 2925211/3/12 at 6:54pmAll of my Hp's were bought used off the forum, but 2/3 were like new. The AD900 pads are pretty worn, but thankfully, replacements from AT USA were pretty cheap ($16 including s/h). I've heard of other members of the forum getting free replacements awhile ago, but it seems I'm not so lucky. In any case some pads are quite costly like for the HD600/650s which are ~$50.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8837 of 2925211/3/12 at 6:54pmQuote:
If they're like new, I wouldn't do anything. Otherwise I would just wash them. If they're ripped up then I'd consider new ones.
Some headphones have really expensive ear pads though...post #8838 of 2925211/3/12 at 7:25pmThread StarterAll the used ones I have bought were like new, and the pads even smelled new. The K701 is the only can I bought on Head-fi. I just used a rag to wipe off excess dirt. No problems anyways. If they're filthy, either wash them or get replacements.post #8839 of 2925211/3/12 at 7:47pmpost #8840 of 2925211/3/12 at 8:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
Well I can happily say my pc can emulate the Gamecube at 100% fps, I'm FINALLY playing through Tales of Symphonia again,,, because beating it 7 times in a row is NOT enough.
In edtion I'm going to try and emulate the Ps2 while im at it, so I can play all the other tales games! Wish me luck, and the dt 880s are very nice for Pc gaming ;3
The GameCube's not too difficult to emulate in my experience, on a Q6600 3 GHz/8800 GT system. Wii games, on the other hand, demand more than my system can deliver for a constant 60 FPS.
Same with PCSX2 and 3D games in general. It's a big reason why I bit the bullet and just bought a CECHA (original 60 GB model, full hardware PS2 compatibility) PS3, which should be here in the next week. I'll have to work on it when it arrives (don't want to risk YLOD), but by the time I finish changing the thermal paste and everything, it should run cool and reliably for years to come.Quote:
I thought about doing that with my SR-Lambda, but replacement Stax pads aren't exactly cheap (frequently around $60-100 for a pair of Lambda pads, with genuine leather pads for models like SR-404LE and SR-507 generally breaching the $100 mark), nor are they easy to just swap out at will due to being stuck on the baffle with a pre-cut piece of double-sided tape.
As it stands, it's comfortable enough as-is with the prior owner having attached some cloth strips to the original pad's contact areas with some double-sided tape.post #8841 of 2925211/3/12 at 8:44pmQuote:
JRPGs generally don't exactly demand positioning. There's probably a few action RPGs where that might be pretty in. For music in general, Ar Tonelico's got an awesome soundtrack so you might want to try that.
I remember one of the earlier PS2 Atelier games had sound setting in the options. Don't remember if the setting went up to 4.0 or 5.1 speakers. I think it was Atelier Viorate, but don't hold me to it. Definitely pre-Iris though.
Speaking of JRPGs, I gotta go finish Tales of Symphonia on PS2. Never got around to finishing that.
EDIT: There looks like a nice poem or something in your avatar, Mshenay. I can't read it due to the crap resolution. You got a larger picture of that?
Edited by HalidePisces - 11/3/12 at 8:46pmpost #8842 of 2925211/3/12 at 8:57pmThread Starterpost #8843 of 2925211/3/12 at 9:36pm
MLE, I think astro is wrapping up independent sale of the mixamp and exclusively selling it with the a30/40 headset. 'tis a sad day in audiophile gaming. Now the minimum price is 200 dollars for the mixamp plus the cancerous a30 headset.post #8844 of 2925211/3/12 at 9:59pmQuote:
What makes you say that? i heard they were going to sell them standalone again in December...post #8845 of 2925211/3/12 at 10:23pmThread Starterpost #8846 of 2925211/3/12 at 11:42pmQuote:
Agreed. In a headphone buying guide posted on this site, whoever wrote it said they preferred the A30s to the A40s! Ha!
By the way, I made a video comparing my experience between the old and the new Astro A40s. You guys can check it out if you want :)post #8847 of 2925211/4/12 at 12:09ampost #8848 of 2925211/4/12 at 1:56amMy DT990/600 is getting here on friday....i'm very excited to try them and a bit worried at the same time. Excited to see if this will blow me away and worried that it might not make a significant enough difference to justify the price.
It's kinda funny how this forum skews are our views on prices lol. A year ago I would have never foreseen myself dropping $100 on headphones much less $200.
Guess I'll find out soon enough if it was worth it.post #8849 of 2925211/4/12 at 1:22amThread StarterQuote:
Holy cow dude, you have a radio DJ's voice! Your voice is basically perfect for these sorts of reviews.
Very nice comparison.
Sounded professional, yet like a buddy telling their friend about the Mixamp. Awesome.
I wonder how much hiss the new one has compared to the 5.8. The 5.8's hiss is basically a non-issue even during quiet scenes.
Probably like AX720 hiss?
My HD650 will be coming hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I sincerely hope I become a fan and join this appreciation thread.
I'm literally gonna compare tonal balance to the KSC35, which is similar to the KSC75, but warmer. If the HD650 sounds like a super KSC35, I will be QUITE happy. I know these graphs aren't ever truly accurate, but it's interesting to see anyways. The KSC35 being slightly warmer than the KSC75, would put them to have a similar signature to the HD650, lower bass aside. We'll see.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/4/12 at 5:13ampost #8850 of 2925211/4/12 at 5:25amSo the hiss on the 2013 mix amp only starts at 60% volume. What is a normal listening volume for you guys? Does the 5.8 hiss start to become noticeable at around the same 60% mark?
Edited by ronswanson - 11/4/12 at 5:29am
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 7 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 8 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations for first hi-fi rig 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3