Here's some of me playing bf4 stillhart..just showing you what the average game is like with people not going for the flags and snipers flying small remote controlled planes into everyone and people camping the lifts!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added) - Page 1684post #25246 of 292698/8/14 at 8:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #25247 of 292698/8/14 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by jaysins
I want to hear the differences between the xonar and creative for myself with regard to positional audio. The Asus is good but I'm anxious to hear if I prefer creative's implementation. I should have both cards by the time I get back from the Bahamas on the 12th. I'll do a day of testing and give some impressions.
You can hear the difference by watching the video that Chicolom posted a few pages back.
Edited by Stillhart - 8/8/14 at 11:27ampost #25248 of 292698/8/14 at 11:10amThread Starterpost #25249 of 292698/8/14 at 12:36pmQuote:
It used to be even worse. The release version was literally unplayablepost #25250 of 292698/8/14 at 1:44pm
Battlefields better if you are on with friends and all in chat..just makes the whole experience more like being in the game..quite funny when you are all in the huey and the pilot shouts everyone jump!post #25251 of 292698/8/14 at 4:46pmQuote:I absolutely loved the attack helicopter, probably the most fun I had was in the heli co-op mission.
Respawning on a teammate is cool too, keeps you closer to the action and makes "lives" important (at least for the last squad member).
Edited by Evshrug - 8/9/14 at 7:18ampost #25252 of 292698/8/14 at 5:08pm
Well it's not a no skill twitch shooter like COD is either. You don't need much skill when playing COD to get 20 kills or so, but in Battlefiled it does get tense and you have to work together. Battlefield is still pretty responsive, just that guns have weight to them unlike in COD where they feel like you're not holding anything. To me it's more satisfying when you successfully flank enemies then take them all out, unlike COD where you aim, spray, and run away. I like COD, but to me the better game is still Battlefield. To each his own though. I'll be getting Advanced Warfare when it arrives later this year. It looks super cool and a nice change from what we've seen in the series.
I'm not here to preach or convert anyone to Battlefiled, it's your choice. Play what you like, respect what other like. Game on.
Yethal, the game was never "unplayable" at all. Sure there were a ton of bugs, but it was still plenty playable. It was never a broken as some people make it out to be.
Edited by Zombie_X - 8/8/14 at 5:11pmpost #25253 of 292698/8/14 at 10:16pmThread StarterThe thing about COD is that unlike Battlefield, COD is easy to play, hard to master. It is accessible to everyone from the get go, but to be a dominant player, it's not as easy as people think it is. Try being a newbie against the good players and you'll quickly be put in your place.
Battlefield has a more difficult learning curve, and unless you like it's mechanics enough to do well, it is nowhere near as accessible. It is definitely the tougher game.
My thing with Battlefield (as well as other big games), is that there are way too many lulls in the action due to how humongous the maps are. I'm not very patient, and always wanna be in the action. That's why I've always leaned on CoD. The fact CoD is now trying to somewhat copy Battlefield in scope is making CoD worse. Ghosts has so many areas in maps that get zero action and traffic because really, it's unnecessary for maps to be so big (by CoD standards).
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 8/8/14 at 10:17pmpost #25254 of 292698/8/14 at 10:17pm
My V-Moda BoomPro is still holding on strong after months of usage. Only issue I have is that it tangles way too easily. The first one I had tangled so bad the sleeve ripped. I got a replacement and even though I take even better care of this one, it still tangles on the daily. Soooo annoying! I call it the V-Moda TanglePro.post #25255 of 292698/8/14 at 11:53pmI mean, if there's one franchise I'm a fanboy of and buy (almost) every one near day 1, it's Halo. You have to sustain your aim for just a bit longer, and you have greater options for movement, so there ends up being more skill involved in double kills and anything better than 1:1, you have to really pay attention to tactics during a firefight. Plus I think the physics things that happen with explosions and while in vehicles is simply fun to experience (and I think audio is best, tho Halo4 warthogs are unusually loud), and there's greater map variety.
But really, they're all good games, just emphasize different tactics. Battlefield has strategic and preparation tactics, CoD has reflex tactics and adrenaline management, Halo has movement tactics and also rewards calm-under-fire. Each of these games reward players good at strategy, reflexes, movement, and concentration, but each distinctly rewards one "tactical skill" the most.
Despite the fact that Bungie stopped working on (is free from?) Halo and that Halo 4 was a bit of a change from the formula established in Halo 2, it's still gonna hurt a bit not to continue Master Chief's story on XBone. Luckily I think Destiny's MP was pretty sweet. I had to good at killing the interceptor vehicles, and there's not exactly a variety of power weapons to encourage movement to reach certain map points, but it still feels good moving during gunfights and earning Supers as rewards for doing well encourages aggression (as well as cool physics).post #25256 of 292698/9/14 at 12:19amQuote:
Funny you say that, because I thought Battlefield trying to somewhat copy CoD in scope as of the last several games was making Battlefield worse.
They're two different styles of gameplay; each should stay where they belong instead of trying to make a bid for the other game's playerbase to the extent that they forget their original roots.
Then again, maybe the competition is a good thing, considering the great Quake III Arena vs. Unreal Tournament rivalry of the last decade, the golden age of FPSs.
In other news, the GameSpy server shutdown has really screwed things up. The Battlefield lobbies over on Tunngle are near-empty, and while BF2 has some kinda community replacement going on to keep people playing together, 1942, Vietnam and 2142 are not so fortunate. Good thing they still support "offline" LAN play, at least...tunnel that and it's no different from playing online.post #25257 of 292698/9/14 at 12:54amThread StarterIf I recall, Medal of Honor was basically Battlefield with CoD sized maps, and it felt just so wrong. Basically limiting what makes Battlefield good. I remember renting it, and it was so...just lacking.
I think CoD can thrive with bigger maps, but it needs more changes than just big maps. That and the fact all 3 studios are making 'near future to future' setting CoDs is just stupid. They shouldve had one company doing past era CoDs, one doing present, and one doing future. Pretty soon, they will saturate the market with the same Crysis, Killzone type settings.post #25258 of 292698/9/14 at 3:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
If I recall, Medal of Honor was basically Battlefield with CoD sized maps, and it felt just so wrong. Basically limiting what makes Battlefield good. I remember renting it, and it was so...just lacking.
I think CoD can thrive with bigger maps, but it needs more changes than just big maps. That and the fact all 3 studios are making 'near future to future' setting CoDs is just stupid. They shouldve had one company doing past era CoDs, one doing present, and one doing future. Pretty soon, they will saturate the market with the same Crysis, Killzone type settings.
Medal of Honor was more like CoD with battlefield classses ballistics and customization. The one thing I'd like to see in cod is bigger player count. Even battlefield on tdm on the smallest of the smallest of maps has 12v12 (bf3) and 10v10 (bf4)
Futuristic fps is slowly becoming what WW2 shooter was 10 years ago, oversaturated market.
Also, whoever here owns a PS4, give Shadow Fall multi a try
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 second ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 19 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 51 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7506 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter/Spring Meet 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3