- 1,054 Posts. Joined 10/2011
- Location: Bradford, PA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added) - Page 1500post #22486 of 292414/2/14 at 7:01amLmao. He's not being irrational or grumpy. Just like he said, people seem to just skip the front page. Or if they don't they skim over it. I've found that people on these forums have the same nature and that is they tend to read, digest and then instead of going back over what they read to fill the gaps, they get lazy and ask questions. I understand some people have bad reading comprehension but just take your time and go back over it. And the best part is that if you're absolutely horrible at reading THERES A NUMBER RATING SYSTEM. There's not much that he can answer that's not on that page.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22487 of 292414/2/14 at 7:51amQuote:Originally Posted by DoctaCosmos
Lmao. He's not being irrational or grumpy. Just like he said, people seem to just skip the front page. Or if they don't they skim over it. I've found that people on these forums have the same nature and that is they tend to read, digest and then instead of going back over what they read to fill the gaps, they get lazy and ask questions. I understand some people have bad reading comprehension but just take your time and go back over it. And the best part is that if you're absolutely horrible at reading THERES A NUMBER RATING SYSTEM. There's not much that he can answer that's not on that page.
I assume this is reference to yesterday. As I have explained, I asked not due to lack of reading comprehension but due to semantics. I wanted to be sure that by Dolby headphone device it was meant that the actual technology used was the trademarked technology "Dolby Headphone" and not a device for "headphones" that just so happens to decode "Dolby".
Yes, I did overlook the amp section of the guide, but other than that the only thing I did wrong was not effectively communicate what I meant. It is also true that on the Astro website it does not say "Dolby Headphone" in the description for the product. In fact I tried to view the PDF for the 2013 Mixamp, but only found one for the older model. It is only in retrospect that I spotted the only real indication that "Dolby Headphone" technology is used is the logo (which is a picture, not writing). That is a case of assuming knowledge on Astro's part.post #22488 of 292414/2/14 at 8:10ampost #22489 of 292414/2/14 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore
I now have a game plan. PC 360's, Mixamp and if I decide in future I need more power I'll get the EHP-02 (or something similar).
Was going to order the headset and Mixamp tonight, but the Mixamp is currently out of stock.
This will give me the opportunity to learn a little more about amps and what is available should I want to add one down the line.
You could have a look at the asus xonar essence stx and the phoebus!post #22490 of 292414/2/14 at 8:25am
I am thinking about getting a new monitor for my ps4 probably dell..i have had the monitor i am using for about a year it's a samsung syncmaster 24 inch backlit led ..i want something that doesn't bleach things out!
Edited by martin vegas - 4/2/14 at 8:26ampost #22491 of 292414/2/14 at 8:26ampost #22492 of 292414/2/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Napalmhardcore
When you guys are putting your headphones through their paces for music use, do you have go to albums? Obviously people will have their own choices but I'd love to hear some examples :)
I think I've just found one of mine (I've heard the album plenty of times but never through headphones).Quote:
I've been meaning to put together a stanbdardized list. For now, I have a few albums that I've listened to a LOT over the years, which I ripped to FLAC for testing: Shpongle "Are You Shpongled?" is one of my all-time favorite albums and it's great for testing detail because the music is so layered; detailed headphones bring out sounds you didn't even know were there. Bonobo "Days to Come" (picked for familiarity) and Hiromi's Sonicbloom "Beyond Standard" (jazz!!!) are two of the others. I need to find one or two more that have more variety.post #22493 of 292414/2/14 at 9:14amQuote:
Eizo Foris FS2333.
I was using a 24" LED Syncmaster too and this is an awesome IPS gaming display. World's first possibly. 5 years warranty.post #22494 of 292414/2/14 at 9:34amHi guys, watching the COD Chanpionship last weekend, all the players where wearing IEM headphones, underneath their Astro headphones used for the mic.
Mad only reviewed one set of IEM, why are those guys all using IEM, except for sound isolation?
Any positioning advantages in FPS using IEM?
Any particular brands better than other?
Thankspost #22495 of 292414/2/14 at 9:53amQuote:
Alternatively, you can get a cheaper LG IPS234V-PN. It should perform similarly. There's some solid info in this slickdeals thread.post #22496 of 292414/2/14 at 9:55ampost #22497 of 292414/2/14 at 10:01ampost #22498 of 292414/2/14 at 10:07amQuote:
Or pay $400 for a 30" IPS from Monoprice.post #22499 of 292414/2/14 at 10:16amQuote:
I respectfully disagree, sorry.
The one you posted is great but I took 2 issues with it when choosing between the two - 1] no HDMI input 2] recent Amazon offerings have a yellow hue [all of them...]
Luckily Dell offers 5 year warranty and zero dead pixel guarantee! Oh, wait...
I spent a lot of time comparing many different screens but found the Eizo one the best performer albeit at at a premium price.
Edited by conquerator2 - 4/2/14 at 10:19ampost #22500 of 292414/2/14 at 10:39amQuote:
The first issue is solved with a HDMI to DVI adapter. The second issue is news to me and I'd probably retract the recommendation depending on how severe the problem is.
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 42 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 1 minute ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 1 minute ago
- › How do I get round a hi-fi amplifier's "poor" headphones output? 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 4 minutes ago
- › Best portable amp for my Beyerdynamics? 4 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › car-fi 6 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3