I just got my AKG K712 and Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250 headphones. I am so blown away at how good they sound! These are my first headphones I have purchased besides gaming headsets, lol never again. So glad I learned about this website and about true headphones. Shout out to MLE for the guide, you rock man!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added) - Page 1447
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21692 of 292413/14/14 at 4:00pmQuote:So just so I'm not confused the MA900 has a wider stage? I might look into the 612 proOriginally Posted by Change is Good
I meant that's how much soundstage you will lose when going to the A700 from the MA900.
The K612 is no slouch in regard to soundstage and imaging. Its not as wide as the K702/Q701and K712/Annie, but its still pretty wide. I'd imagine it would score a 9/9.25 in that regard compared to the 9.5/10 of those others.
Put some K702 pads on the K612, however, and the soundstage opens up a little more.post #21693 of 292413/14/14 at 4:03pmQuote:
Yes the MA900 is wider than the closed A700. Its even slightly wider than the stock K612.
But aren't you looking into closed headphones? You do know the K612 is open, right? o_Opost #21694 of 292413/14/14 at 4:09pmQuote:Sorry I meant the open AD700 I'm such a plum lol
I'm debating between them and MA900 depending on soundstage and the closest to mimic and open space butvaldo with good quality sound. I don't mind losing a bit of bass for a wider stage.post #21695 of 292413/14/14 at 4:14pmpost #21696 of 292413/14/14 at 4:19pmThe K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)post #21697 of 292413/14/14 at 4:21pmpost #21698 of 292413/14/14 at 4:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by conquerator2
The K612 have the most even width and depth of those IMO. The imaging is sublime and picking up cues in any game is a breeze. The ratio between fun and competitive is very good, I'd give them a 9 in both. Yes I really like them. Prefer them to both the MA900 and X1 for gaming and sometimes for music as well (depending on mood...)
I always had my eye on the K712's: anybody here had experience with both the K's 712 and 612?post #21699 of 292413/14/14 at 5:00pmQuote:
The AD700 is very cool, as in lacking warmth from very rolled off low frequencies, where as the MA900 is closer to neutral. As for what's better, it just depends on what kind of gaming you're planning on using them for. Personally, I prefer the AD700, but also keep in mind that isn't the popular recommendation around here for general gaming cans.post #21700 of 292413/14/14 at 5:09pmpost #21701 of 292413/14/14 at 10:05pmThread StarterThe AD700's bass is basically so rolled off, it's non-existent. If yoh want to hear explosions and stuff, dont bother. Get the MA900. Muuuuch more fun.post #21702 of 292413/14/14 at 11:52pmQuote:
Change has had both of them. Not at the same time though.post #21703 of 292413/14/14 at 11:57pm
Ty Chico.. dammit it's so hard to search in such a huge thread..... Change.. any chance you could link to your post/thoughts please?
If indeed MLE is going to review the K612, then that'll be a great read. Then again, the guy's needing a serious break from all this stuff as he said.post #21704 of 292413/15/14 at 2:20amI don't mind losing the impact from explosions but as long as you can actually hear it I'll prob get the AD700 if they are more detailed and open and airy.
Edited by DJDREEM - 3/15/14 at 2:26ampost #21705 of 292413/15/14 at 5:21am
Hi guys, i'm new here and just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful discussion.
Quick story first, I ended up buying Senns PC360 because i like their sound signature and fact of having a boom attached to them. The only problem, a critical one, was the fact that they're uncomfortable for long term use. Their clamping force is aggressive on my ears or sides of my head. When stretching them to full-lose-size they still feel uncomfortable. I am using my computer for long hours of game sessions and comfort is a critical part for me. I was so disappointed because of that. I think i can still replace them because they're in my possession for only about 2 weeks, but they're expensive in my country and replacement rules here are, well...harsh.
As for my head- it's important to mention out that i have a wide head and that i'm wearing glasses. I was wondering, can you guys recommend me a more comfortable pair for gaming and overall pc usage?
Are the senns hd558 will feel better on my head? Perhaps i should set my eyes upon the Beyers?
Will appreciate any answer. And again, great topic!!
(Btw- Pc got SB-Z installed, so a 250 ohm driving capabilities are there)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The scientific merit of Pono 49 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 1 minute ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › stuck with the decision of new headphones 7 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3