Edited by martin vegas - 11/22/13 at 9:04am
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 3/31/14
- productAKG K712 Protagged by appsmarsterx, 8/3/14
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by Evshrug, 4/24/14
- productAstro A40 Audio System - Whitetagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 4/25/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 4/25/11
- productPhilips SHP2500/37 Full Size Headphone with Volume Controltagged by System, 4/25/11More
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 8/23/12
- productShure SRH1540 Headphonestagged by Change is Good, 4/1/14
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by appsmarsterx, 7/11/14
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 4/25/11
- productSoundmagic HP200tagged by appsmarsterx, 6/18/14
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headset or Headphones + Mic? Last post on 1/4/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added) - Page 1216post #18226 of 2943411/22/13 at 9:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #18227 of 2943411/22/13 at 9:14ampost #18228 of 2943411/22/13 at 9:15ampost #18229 of 2943411/22/13 at 9:20ampost #18230 of 2943411/22/13 at 10:44ampost #18231 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:09ampost #18232 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:14amQuote:
They're ok, but not going to drive it to it's potential. Also the STX + E17/E12 would be a waste. The STX is just as powerful on it's own IIRC. Personally, I would grab a Xonar DG or DGX and one of the Audio-GD products.post #18233 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:19amQuote:
Ok thanks, which one would you pick for mostly (PC) gaming and some music/movies. AKG K702 or Q701 or K712 or K702 annies?post #18234 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:22amQuote:
If you got the Fiio E12, then you would not really need to buy an STX, the cheaper Xonar DX or D1 would do the job.
If you got the FiiO E17, then the you could get the cheaper Xonar DG or DGX.
Or a Creative Labs Sound blaster Z (SB1500, retail box) sound card, $100, on it's own, should, I would assume, drive the K702 decently.post #18235 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:27amQuote:
I have the Annies and they're wonderful. Judging from responses in this thread, the K712 is very similar. The Q701 is also similar, but it has the headband bumps and regular foam earpads. You can search around to see how much of a difference there is between them.post #18236 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:42amQuote:
hmm think I need to be abit cheap and skip k712/ annies and go for Q701 or k702. Even after looking around im still not sure which one of the two to take :Ipost #18237 of 2943411/22/13 at 11:50amQuote:
Another option for amping is soundcard --> optical --> FiiO D3 --> RCA --> Schiit Magni/Objective 2 amp.
Edited by Murder Mike - 11/22/13 at 11:51ampost #18238 of 2943411/22/13 at 12:15pmpost #18239 of 2943411/22/13 at 12:49pm
If the M50s had better soundstage i would buy them in a heartbeat but unfortunately thats not the case. Im not looking for a massive soundstage, just one where its relatively easy to pinpoint where footsteps are coming from in Counter-Strike for example. The M50s seem almost perfect apart from the soundstage, they have exactly what i want judging by this guide. The bass, comfort, closed isolation and very sturdy build quality! Budget would be about $150.
So what would you recommend?post #18240 of 2943411/22/13 at 12:51pm
Think my final choise will be the K702 because you can swap out the cable if needed right ? And then a Asus Xonar DGX and lastly im not sure if i should take the Audio-GD NFB-11.32 or the Audio-GD NFB-15.32
Edited by Hoffen00 - 11/22/13 at 1:29pm
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-, Evshrug's X7 Review added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 10 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 27 seconds ago
- › Amp as a bottleneck? 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Budget open can with LOW clamping pressure 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone knows the brand Esmooth 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2