Just nabbed me a pair of these babies from a local store for $150 which seemed like a decent price. On my first listen boy was i impressed! I've tried many cans for hip hop over the years beats by dre, sync by 50, soul by ludacris, sol republic, monster plus many others and these surpass them all. Seeing as I've never heard Ultrasone cans before i played it safe and went for the cheaper model, if these keep impressing me i'm definitely going back to get a higher end model! A lot of the reviews say the s-logic takes some getting used to but personally it sounded fine from my first listen, a very nice, wide soundstage considering its a closed can. These german headphone companies keep impressing me over and over again!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 2/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/18/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 2/3/11
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 1/18/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 1/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- post buying questions for m50 Last post on 5/25/11 at 7:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones better than the Beats by Dr. Dre? Last post on 12/17/12 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Perfect Headphones (Opinions Needed) Last post on 12/23/12 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose :) Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones For Korean Pop Last post on 2/16/12 at 1:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread) - Page 45post #661 of 6682/27/14 at 5:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 6689/14/14 at 6:01ampost #663 of 6689/17/14 at 6:13ampost #664 of 6689/17/14 at 6:52amThe only problem with comfort is the pad material. They are made of fake leather so they make your ears feel hot after a while (1hr~). The pads also contact your ears, which can get annoying. If you can find good replacements then comfort is a non-issue imo.
Clamping force is adequate. Not too clampy but good enough for portable use.post #665 of 66810/10/14 at 2:15pmQuote:
I picked up a pair of used DJ1's while back but wasn't overly impressed with the sound and certainly not with the comfort. The other day I put some Brainwavz HM5 velour pads on them and man what a change. The HM5 pads are very comfortable and the sound is much more balanced with a very good soundstage. Maybe worth a try.......post #666 of 66812/7/14 at 7:17am
I've been lurking on Head-Fi for many years and I appreciate all of the commentary you guys provide. It has been invaluable to me over the years in learning everything headphones, and also how to appreciate sound and music on a whole new level. Thank you.
SO... after about 6 years of heavy usage on my HFI-580, the wire -- actually probably the left cup connector -- has died.
I knew it would happen eventually. Considering the sheer amount of hours I've logged on them, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner! Goes to show the good quality of Ultrasone headphones.
My question to you is: what is the easiest (or best) way of re-cabling the HFI-580?
Would you recommend simply taking it to a shop somewhere, or is it an easy enough fix that I could do at home? What's the general cost of having a shop fix it?
Also; anyone know the general price range of a new cable? Any reputable brands or types that you'd recommend?
And just so you know, I would NOT prefer to outright buy new headphones (yet)... UNLESS the cost of fixing the cable would end up being more than the current price of the 580.
This baby is well worn-in and I definitely 100% noticed a burn-in effect, especially over the first year. Moreover, it's gotten even better as the years pass... so I really don't want to have to restart that whole process.
Any info very much appreciated! I know you'll guide me in the right direction.
Thankspost #667 of 66812/17/14 at 10:12pm
It's been a few years but man, I'm rediscovering the potential of the HFI 580 and modding.
These headphones are so close to being fricking fricking awesome, but I always felt the mids to be a bit too hot and with a need of a bit more soundstage.
I think I've been able to rectify these problems at the moment
It's a fairly #SchittyMod by all means, but it works quite well
But basically, if you look to the right pad for a moment. You'll see that I used cardboard and plumped up the height of the pads to create ear room. This put a bit of water on the mids and also increased soundstage. Bass impact was also better.
But then I decided to put some dampening foam in there since there was room. I had a leftover mattress pad that was pretty ripped up and useless for its original function. I spent 10 minutes shaving off pieces of it until it became thin enough to fit the 580 and without dampening too much. It's between 5mm to 1cm right now and it works quite welll.
I honestly dig this so much more.post #668 of 66812/14/15 at 7:58pm
For anyone interested, I just posted my first headphone review ever.
It's about the HFI-780 and can be found on the HFI-780 Appreciation thread. Lots of comparisons between my long beloved 580's and the new set of 780's.
- FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 2 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...