What do you think the difference between lyr and vallhalla when pairing with HD600 and 650? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- HD598 vs. HD650 Last post on 2/22/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Napping with Sony SA5000? Last post on 5/29/11 at 2:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for a open sound Last post on 4/26/11 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Equivalent of Sennheiser IE6 Last post on 8/5/11 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 > HD650 ? Last post on 5/10/11 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/12/14 at 2:22amQuote:
I was asking this question a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me to contact Schiit themselves. I got this reply:
Lyr is magic with the Q701s, while Valhalla will struggle. HD650 is a tossup—Valhalla is slightly more open and holographic, but I’d take Lyr’s power and control.If you go with Lyr, get the Tungsram tubes while we have a few left.I went for the Lyr, and have not regretted it. My preferred tubes (among the few that I've tried) for my classical tastes are Siemens E288CCs and E88CCs (FWIW). The synergy with the HD650s is wonderful. Soundstage in all directions and superb revelation of low level detail... I don't own the HD600, however, so can't help there. Good luck!post #18 of 181/12/14 at 2:29am
- Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphones with most real voice reproduction 14 seconds ago
- › HD800s with portable AMP/DAC for iMac 29 seconds ago
- › Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations 48 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 54 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best live recordings 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding the right cans for people with Tinnitus 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)