What do you think the difference between lyr and vallhalla when pairing with HD600 and 650? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- HD598 vs. HD650 Last post on 2/22/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Napping with Sony SA5000? Last post on 5/29/11 at 2:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for a open sound Last post on 4/26/11 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Equivalent of Sennheiser IE6 Last post on 8/5/11 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 > HD650 ? Last post on 5/10/11 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/12/14 at 2:22amQuote:
I was asking this question a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me to contact Schiit themselves. I got this reply:
Lyr is magic with the Q701s, while Valhalla will struggle. HD650 is a tossup—Valhalla is slightly more open and holographic, but I’d take Lyr’s power and control.If you go with Lyr, get the Tungsram tubes while we have a few left.I went for the Lyr, and have not regretted it. My preferred tubes (among the few that I've tried) for my classical tastes are Siemens E288CCs and E88CCs (FWIW). The synergy with the HD650s is wonderful. Soundstage in all directions and superb revelation of low level detail... I don't own the HD600, however, so can't help there. Good luck!post #18 of 181/12/14 at 2:29am
- Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › New iBasso Portable Amp/DAC: iBasso D14 "Bushmaster" 6 seconds ago
- › Meier Cantate.2 repair 8 seconds ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2