What do you think the difference between lyr and vallhalla when pairing with HD600 and 650? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- HD598 vs. HD650 Last post on 2/22/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Napping with Sony SA5000? Last post on 5/29/11 at 2:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for a open sound Last post on 4/26/11 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Equivalent of Sennheiser IE6 Last post on 8/5/11 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 > HD650 ? Last post on 5/10/11 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/12/14 at 2:22amQuote:
I was asking this question a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me to contact Schiit themselves. I got this reply:
Lyr is magic with the Q701s, while Valhalla will struggle. HD650 is a tossup—Valhalla is slightly more open and holographic, but I’d take Lyr’s power and control.If you go with Lyr, get the Tungsram tubes while we have a few left.I went for the Lyr, and have not regretted it. My preferred tubes (among the few that I've tried) for my classical tastes are Siemens E288CCs and E88CCs (FWIW). The synergy with the HD650s is wonderful. Soundstage in all directions and superb revelation of low level detail... I don't own the HD600, however, so can't help there. Good luck!post #18 of 181/12/14 at 2:29am
- Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 14 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2