What do you think the difference between lyr and vallhalla when pairing with HD600 and 650? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- HD598 vs. HD650 Last post on 2/22/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Napping with Sony SA5000? Last post on 5/29/11 at 2:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for a open sound Last post on 4/26/11 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Equivalent of Sennheiser IE6 Last post on 8/5/11 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 > HD650 ? Last post on 5/10/11 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
Thanks to Luke (H20Fidelity) for letting me a part of the Australian leg of the COZOY DAC/Amp tour and for Igor (DJScope) for the personal delivery, no doubt due to him enjoying the unit so much...
Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/12/14 at 2:22amQuote:
I was asking this question a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me to contact Schiit themselves. I got this reply:
Lyr is magic with the Q701s, while Valhalla will struggle. HD650 is a tossup—Valhalla is slightly more open and holographic, but I’d take Lyr’s power and control.If you go with Lyr, get the Tungsram tubes while we have a few left.I went for the Lyr, and have not regretted it. My preferred tubes (among the few that I've tried) for my classical tastes are Siemens E288CCs and E88CCs (FWIW). The synergy with the HD650s is wonderful. Soundstage in all directions and superb revelation of low level detail... I don't own the HD600, however, so can't help there. Good luck!post #18 of 181/12/14 at 2:29am
- Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = just now
- › NVX XPT100 vs Takstar Pro 80 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 43 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2