What do you think the difference between lyr and vallhalla when pairing with HD600 and 650? Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- HD598 vs. HD650 Last post on 2/22/12 at 4:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Napping with Sony SA5000? Last post on 5/29/11 at 2:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Open Headphones for a open sound Last post on 4/26/11 at 11:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Equivalent of Sennheiser IE6 Last post on 8/5/11 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD598 > HD650 ? Last post on 5/10/11 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/12/14 at 2:22amQuote:
I was asking this question a few weeks ago, and it occurred to me to contact Schiit themselves. I got this reply:
Lyr is magic with the Q701s, while Valhalla will struggle. HD650 is a tossup—Valhalla is slightly more open and holographic, but I’d take Lyr’s power and control.If you go with Lyr, get the Tungsram tubes while we have a few left.I went for the Lyr, and have not regretted it. My preferred tubes (among the few that I've tried) for my classical tastes are Siemens E288CCs and E88CCs (FWIW). The synergy with the HD650s is wonderful. Soundstage in all directions and superb revelation of low level detail... I don't own the HD600, however, so can't help there. Good luck!post #18 of 181/12/14 at 2:29am
- Sennheiser HD598 + Schiit Asgard or Valhalla
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 19 seconds ago
- › An amp and DAC Set up for the HD 600? Momentum? 46 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 53 seconds ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 2 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3