I was browsing Gearwire.com for some NAMM news and stumbled upon these. They look pretty similar to the Japanese MDR-Z line. So, are they basically the same with a slight paintjob to look more professional?
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-Z1000, new flagship studio headphones from Sony? Last post on 9/8/10 at 2:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones Last post on 7/14/16 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510post #1 of 111/14/11 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/14/11 at 12:28pm
"Pricing available upon request" Probably not a good sign. Although the 20 and 10 will probably be the same price as their "consumer" counterparts at $500 and $120 respectively.post #3 of 111/14/11 at 12:31pmpost #4 of 111/14/11 at 12:35pm
I believe the MDR-7520 is the same as the MDR-Z1000 except that it has a single coiled cord rather than 2 single cords and a different different finish.post #5 of 111/14/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Yeah, they both use the liquid crystal polymer diaphragm and have the same frequency responses listed, so that appears to be the case. They might do more for people in the looks department, though.post #6 of 111/19/11 at 2:45ampost #7 of 111/19/11 at 3:10am
Yes, a removable cable, it's seems to be just a rebadged mdr-z1000.
As for amplification, they may benefit from it, they probably won't NEED it since they are really sensitive at 108 dB/mW.post #8 of 111/19/11 at 3:23am
In one word: loud. If so Sony is sticking to a recipe. No wonder - just speculation - the ear cups are relatively shallow with some of their other models. Deeper ear cups with Sony loudness could lead to hearing damage.post #9 of 117/16/11 at 12:15pmpost #10 of 117/18/11 at 5:23pmpost #11 of 111/20/13 at 6:09am
Hey I stumbled upon this thread and have a few questions about which headphones I should buy. I have a budget of max 300$ for the headphones and 150$ dollars for the AMP/DAC. I mainly want to listen to music through my computer and I have found some headphones that I might want to buy. I generally listen to all genres but like a little bit more of bass, so AKG Q701's would definitely not work out for me. The type of headphones I'm looking for are closed/open around the ear (the big ones :P) and some of the candidates are :
Since I really have no idea which one to buy, and I don't know if there would be anything better to find since I'm not experienced. Some of the AMP/DAC's are
NuForce Icon D2 (I believe that is the model name)
Shiit Asgaard (I bit more than I want to pay and not sure if its worth it for me)
If you have any suggestions on what I should get please respond. Like I said I listen to all genres of music therefore there are so many headphones that can be suitable for me. I generally care that they are comfortable and have nice soundstage with good bass and balanced mid's and high's.
- Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 41 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Overcome double amping? 3 minutes ago
- › Colored amp options for AKG K712? 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear