I was browsing Gearwire.com for some NAMM news and stumbled upon these. They look pretty similar to the Japanese MDR-Z line. So, are they basically the same with a slight paintjob to look more professional?
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-Z1000, new flagship studio headphones from Sony? Last post on 9/8/10 at 2:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones Last post on 3/13/15 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: Today
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510post #1 of 111/14/11 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/14/11 at 12:28pm
"Pricing available upon request" Probably not a good sign. Although the 20 and 10 will probably be the same price as their "consumer" counterparts at $500 and $120 respectively.post #3 of 111/14/11 at 12:31pmpost #4 of 111/14/11 at 12:35pm
I believe the MDR-7520 is the same as the MDR-Z1000 except that it has a single coiled cord rather than 2 single cords and a different different finish.post #5 of 111/14/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Yeah, they both use the liquid crystal polymer diaphragm and have the same frequency responses listed, so that appears to be the case. They might do more for people in the looks department, though.post #6 of 111/19/11 at 2:45ampost #7 of 111/19/11 at 3:10am
Yes, a removable cable, it's seems to be just a rebadged mdr-z1000.
As for amplification, they may benefit from it, they probably won't NEED it since they are really sensitive at 108 dB/mW.post #8 of 111/19/11 at 3:23am
In one word: loud. If so Sony is sticking to a recipe. No wonder - just speculation - the ear cups are relatively shallow with some of their other models. Deeper ear cups with Sony loudness could lead to hearing damage.post #9 of 117/16/11 at 12:15pmpost #10 of 117/18/11 at 5:23pmpost #11 of 111/20/13 at 6:09am
Hey I stumbled upon this thread and have a few questions about which headphones I should buy. I have a budget of max 300$ for the headphones and 150$ dollars for the AMP/DAC. I mainly want to listen to music through my computer and I have found some headphones that I might want to buy. I generally listen to all genres but like a little bit more of bass, so AKG Q701's would definitely not work out for me. The type of headphones I'm looking for are closed/open around the ear (the big ones :P) and some of the candidates are :
Since I really have no idea which one to buy, and I don't know if there would be anything better to find since I'm not experienced. Some of the AMP/DAC's are
NuForce Icon D2 (I believe that is the model name)
Shiit Asgaard (I bit more than I want to pay and not sure if its worth it for me)
If you have any suggestions on what I should get please respond. Like I said I listen to all genres of music therefore there are so many headphones that can be suitable for me. I generally care that they are comfortable and have nice soundstage with good bass and balanced mid's and high's.
- Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510
- Hi End Cables
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 22 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 38 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › DACS Compatible with Synology nas directly with USB 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2