I was browsing Gearwire.com for some NAMM news and stumbled upon these. They look pretty similar to the Japanese MDR-Z line. So, are they basically the same with a slight paintjob to look more professional?
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-Z1000, new flagship studio headphones from Sony? Last post on 9/8/10 at 2:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones Last post on 3/13/15 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these made in China headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510post #1 of 111/14/11 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/14/11 at 12:28pm
"Pricing available upon request" Probably not a good sign. Although the 20 and 10 will probably be the same price as their "consumer" counterparts at $500 and $120 respectively.post #3 of 111/14/11 at 12:31pmpost #4 of 111/14/11 at 12:35pm
I believe the MDR-7520 is the same as the MDR-Z1000 except that it has a single coiled cord rather than 2 single cords and a different different finish.post #5 of 111/14/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Yeah, they both use the liquid crystal polymer diaphragm and have the same frequency responses listed, so that appears to be the case. They might do more for people in the looks department, though.post #6 of 111/19/11 at 2:45ampost #7 of 111/19/11 at 3:10am
Yes, a removable cable, it's seems to be just a rebadged mdr-z1000.
As for amplification, they may benefit from it, they probably won't NEED it since they are really sensitive at 108 dB/mW.post #8 of 111/19/11 at 3:23am
In one word: loud. If so Sony is sticking to a recipe. No wonder - just speculation - the ear cups are relatively shallow with some of their other models. Deeper ear cups with Sony loudness could lead to hearing damage.post #9 of 117/16/11 at 12:15pmpost #10 of 117/18/11 at 5:23pmpost #11 of 111/20/13 at 6:09am
Hey I stumbled upon this thread and have a few questions about which headphones I should buy. I have a budget of max 300$ for the headphones and 150$ dollars for the AMP/DAC. I mainly want to listen to music through my computer and I have found some headphones that I might want to buy. I generally listen to all genres but like a little bit more of bass, so AKG Q701's would definitely not work out for me. The type of headphones I'm looking for are closed/open around the ear (the big ones :P) and some of the candidates are :
Since I really have no idea which one to buy, and I don't know if there would be anything better to find since I'm not experienced. Some of the AMP/DAC's are
NuForce Icon D2 (I believe that is the model name)
Shiit Asgaard (I bit more than I want to pay and not sure if its worth it for me)
If you have any suggestions on what I should get please respond. Like I said I listen to all genres of music therefore there are so many headphones that can be suitable for me. I generally care that they are comfortable and have nice soundstage with good bass and balanced mid's and high's.
- Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510
- Hi End Cables
- › WTB: Decent 4-pin XLR extension cable 10-12 feet 11 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Cheap DAC recommendation 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Lyra 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3