I was browsing Gearwire.com for some NAMM news and stumbled upon these. They look pretty similar to the Japanese MDR-Z line. So, are they basically the same with a slight paintjob to look more professional?
Related Forum Threads
- Calling all Sony MDR-Z1000 in Japan. Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-3 rewiring advice Last post on 4/10/13 at 3:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-Z1000, new flagship studio headphones from Sony? Last post on 9/8/10 at 2:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- MDR-Z1000 new Sony flagship headphones Last post on 6/14/14 at 2:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510post #1 of 111/14/11 at 12:02pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 111/14/11 at 12:28pm
"Pricing available upon request" Probably not a good sign. Although the 20 and 10 will probably be the same price as their "consumer" counterparts at $500 and $120 respectively.post #3 of 111/14/11 at 12:31pmpost #4 of 111/14/11 at 12:35pm
I believe the MDR-7520 is the same as the MDR-Z1000 except that it has a single coiled cord rather than 2 single cords and a different different finish.post #5 of 111/14/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
Yeah, they both use the liquid crystal polymer diaphragm and have the same frequency responses listed, so that appears to be the case. They might do more for people in the looks department, though.post #6 of 111/19/11 at 2:45ampost #7 of 111/19/11 at 3:10am
Yes, a removable cable, it's seems to be just a rebadged mdr-z1000.
As for amplification, they may benefit from it, they probably won't NEED it since they are really sensitive at 108 dB/mW.post #8 of 111/19/11 at 3:23am
In one word: loud. If so Sony is sticking to a recipe. No wonder - just speculation - the ear cups are relatively shallow with some of their other models. Deeper ear cups with Sony loudness could lead to hearing damage.post #9 of 117/16/11 at 12:15pmpost #10 of 117/18/11 at 5:23pmpost #11 of 111/20/13 at 6:09am
Hey I stumbled upon this thread and have a few questions about which headphones I should buy. I have a budget of max 300$ for the headphones and 150$ dollars for the AMP/DAC. I mainly want to listen to music through my computer and I have found some headphones that I might want to buy. I generally listen to all genres but like a little bit more of bass, so AKG Q701's would definitely not work out for me. The type of headphones I'm looking for are closed/open around the ear (the big ones :P) and some of the candidates are :
Since I really have no idea which one to buy, and I don't know if there would be anything better to find since I'm not experienced. Some of the AMP/DAC's are
NuForce Icon D2 (I believe that is the model name)
Shiit Asgaard (I bit more than I want to pay and not sure if its worth it for me)
If you have any suggestions on what I should get please respond. Like I said I listen to all genres of music therefore there are so many headphones that can be suitable for me. I generally care that they are comfortable and have nice soundstage with good bass and balanced mid's and high's.
- Sony MDR-7520/MDR-7510
- Hi End Cables
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" just now
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 29 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Comply Ts 400 Medium Size Tips 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › New York Dolls on HD Tracks 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › right channel / Left channel marking o2 Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)