Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 7

post #91 of 499
Thread Starter 

3 12s here ;)  Ported 33hz   I thinking 2 18's Soon :) heheh hence my love for the xb1000's 70mm drivers 

post #92 of 499

stock mach 460 mustang. woooooooo

post #93 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek007 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

So if Sony ever came up with XB2000s, they will essentially be speakers mounted on a cushion?



100_0450.JPG

 

I am doing some early testing for the XB2000's, lol.  basshead.gif  basshead.gif  Not as comfy as the earlier models, though. biggrin.gif

 

But I do plan to buy the XB1000's when they are released.


EPIC.

post #94 of 499

Needs some spacing between the diaphragms and the ears/head.

post #95 of 499

Didn't Sennheiser find there were inherrant issues with having dynamic drivers this large?

 

IE were too slow to handle high frequencies well which is why they went with a circular driver? Large size,, but speed too.

 

Especially considering the quality bass headphones like the D7000, DX700, HD 800, and obviously the reigning king (imo all round king, but for bass no question)

 

Not at all like Sony doesn't know how to make good headphones but I am pretty skeptical... Especially considering how weird the XB700 sounded. To bad the more you cranked them to try and get the low end louder, you had to put up with those tinny highs.

 

post #96 of 499
Thread Starter 

Well regardless we will find out sure enough if these phones will win or not! BUt The 700s have a really fun sound.. Not every soo For Acoustic/acoustically recorded.  But for techno,drum N bass, anything using a computer to make the music is a win. These might be even better!? Who knows but that 70mm Driver is quit an interesting phenomenon.

post #97 of 499

I think there will be no headphones that can produce as much bass as these. But yeah, I'm actually pretty worried about the rest of the SQ...

post #98 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xymordos View Post

I think there will be no headphones <$200 that can produce as much bass as these. But yeah, I'm actually pretty worried about the rest of the SQ...



Fixed it for ya.

post #99 of 499

what headphones at any price produce more bass than the XB series?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post





Fixed it for ya.

post #100 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

what headphones at any price produce more bass than the XB series?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post





Fixed it for ya.


 

Been wondering this myself. I mean Speaker set up can have more bass that's easy but headphones?
 

post #101 of 499

V-Moda Crossfade LP is the only one I could think that MIGHT have more bass (if we disregard Skullcrap) but the treble is VERY veiled on those so they sound rather muddy and then for a $200 pricetag? They feature bass ports like on XB series too and I doubt you'd be able to get similar bass without them. It's a style > sound quality headphone meant to target same audience as Beats but the build looks very solid on these though like they'd never snap and I actually kind of like the "Phantom Chrome" or "Gunmetal Black" version but it's on the border of too "flashy" looking. Every review you read about these mentions "overpowering bass", even by non-audiophiles etc. I might sometimes give them a try just for fun but it has to be at a very great price in that case. Amazon.co.uk carries them for quite decent price at times. I do think they have that sound signature I tend to prefer, very warm/forward & bassy and slightly on the dark side of neutral highs but I have a feeling these will do it to an extreme extent that just results in a muddy mess, I'm however interested in how they'd fare with an extreme amount EQing to try balance it out as the EQ I use let me do rather drastic changes without ruining the sound quality.

 

http://www.v-moda.com/headphones/crossfade.aspx

 

V-Moda-Crossfade-4.jpg

post #102 of 499

I just got the XB700's a couple of days ago....listened to incredible bass coming from dance club music, psytrance, darkpsy, for more than 15 hours straight (man even veteran electronic pioneers Tangerine Dream sounded amazing). AND NOW.....THIS!!!!!!!!biggrin.gif. I guess my budget will have to adjust. ohh the walleteek.gif

post #103 of 499

Can not believe this...

 

My XB700 arehorrible, what they doto the music is just criminal.

i like my metal with lot of bass, but only when there is actually bass, this things put bass even in the cymbals...

at least they look, different, hanging there with the rest. because thats all they are gonna do.

post #104 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

V-Moda Crossfade LP is the only one I could think that MIGHT have more bass (if we disregard Skullcrap) but the treble is VERY veiled on those so they sound rather muddy and then for a $200 pricetag? They feature bass ports like on XB series too and I doubt you'd be able to get similar bass without them. It's a style > sound quality headphone meant to target same audience as Beats but the build looks very solid on these though like they'd never snap and I actually kind of like the "Phantom Chrome" or "Gunmetal Black" version but it's on the border of too "flashy" looking. Every review you read about these mentions "overpowering bass", even by non-audiophiles etc. I might sometimes give them a try just for fun but it has to be at a very great price in that case. Amazon.co.uk carries them for quite decent price at times. I do think they have that sound signature I tend to prefer, very warm/forward & bassy and slightly on the dark side of neutral highs but I have a feeling these will do it to an extreme extent that just results in a muddy mess, I'm however interested in how they'd fare with an extreme amount EQing to try balance it out as the EQ I use let me do rather drastic changes without ruining the sound quality.

 

http://www.v-moda.com/headphones/crossfade.aspx

 

V-Moda-Crossfade-4.jpg


btw that is on the FS forums right now at 115$, and including the case.

post #105 of 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

Can not believe this...

 

My XB700 arehorrible, what they doto the music is just criminal.

i like my metal with lot of bass, but only when there is actually bass, this things put bass even in the cymbals...

at least they look, different, hanging there with the rest. because thats all they are gonna do.


I think the sr80's you have are more suited for metal, I personally use sr225 for my metal, and if I want some extra punchyness with it mdr-7506 with beyer pads. The XB series is just a sinful guilty pleasure for the megabass lovers, that's why I only listen to electronic with itbiggrin.gifbasshead.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG