how much is the xb1000 going for now? both used and new
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/14/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 1/14/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 29post #421 of 5028/2/11 at 3:59am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 5028/2/11 at 4:59ampost #423 of 5028/2/11 at 9:14am
Good luck finding a used pair but you can get a new pair for $280 shipped from Accessory Jack.
Too bad Sony is taking so long to release them in the states.post #424 of 5028/2/11 at 9:40ampost #425 of 5028/2/11 at 9:42am
It's worth noting though, even when well powered, the bass quantity is still less than the XB700. Bass quality is higher though. The overall presentation of the XB1000 is less in your face than the XB700.post #426 of 5028/2/11 at 9:58ampost #427 of 5028/2/11 at 10:03amQuote:
Well it probably still is "Darth Beyer"-bass, ie very deep focused, these 2 are probably the headphones with the strongest very deep bass focus (headphones that handle 15~20Hz with ease). If you like punchy midbass then they aren't for you though.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/2/11 at 10:04ampost #428 of 5028/2/11 at 10:32am
Well from what Ive read the XB500 has the most bass. The XB700 is a refined XB500. And the XB1000 is a refined XB700. So would it be safe the say the XB500s will have most bass? Or do they have different types of bass altogether?
@Croozer I need help from a fellow Denon fanboy!
Any comparisons to the Denon you'd like to share?
Edited by HesterDW - 8/2/11 at 10:38ampost #429 of 5028/2/11 at 10:41ampost #430 of 5028/2/11 at 10:43am
XB500 has strong flat emphasized bass presence in the entire bass range. (10 ~ 300Hz). It's got the biggest impact and punch and the most in your face type and obviously the biggest quantity. Due to the bass extending in a +15dB boost (according to headphone.com) all the way to 300Hz this will lead to slightly muddier midrange, this is already the territory where the lower mids start.
XB700 has a strong flat sub-bass focus (10 ~ 100Hz). According to headphone.com it has a +15dB boost up to 100Hz where it starts rolling off as opposed to 300Hz on XB500 which makes it deeper sounding. It doesn't have nearly as much impact or punch but it's got plenty of this slow rumbling bass that will be brought forward in almost any music, it's a bit everywhere (like some1 said an "ocean of bass" would be a good description).
I haven't heard XB1000 but djmantrax compared it to XB700 as having even more deeper bass but that XB700 was bassier so I think on XB1000 it possibly starts rolling off even earlier or it's just even more skewed towards very deep bass frequencies. But already XB700 has a more deep bass focus than 99%+ out of the headphones out there already. I'd guess Darth Beyers might be the only rival in terms of that. LCD-2 has superb bass extension but in quantity it would obviously be far behind.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/2/11 at 10:51ampost #431 of 5028/2/11 at 10:48am
I think RPGwizard has nailed it there.
The XB1000 has a focus on sub-bass like the XB700, but due to it being more laid back the bass seems more distant or softer sounding. It definitely doesn't have the same rumble as the XB700 or punch as the XB500.post #432 of 5028/2/11 at 11:01am
What I'd like to see would be something in-between XB500 and XB700 that would have a flat bass boost from say 10Hz to around 200~225Hz or so, it doesn't necessarily have to be +15dB boost like XB500/700 but at least around 12dB or so with similarly forward midrange as XB500 or a little more forward than that (XB500 has more forward lower-mids than XB700 which makes it sound a little more "full"/warm) and neutral highs in comparision to the mids that is there in-between XB500 / XB700.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 8/2/11 at 11:05ampost #433 of 5028/2/11 at 11:04ampost #434 of 5028/2/11 at 11:08amQuote:
I asked headphone.com about it and said they would review XB1000 in case it hits the states.post #435 of 5028/2/11 at 11:12am
Thank you both for the input. That cleared several things up for me decision wise. I'm sure they would all satisfy me but seeing as I listen to a majority of dubstep at the moment, I'm probably partial to sub bass focus. Ill have to try the XB700 when I can. This XB1000 is just taking too long to be imported.
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) just now
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 3 seconds ago
- › Yamaha YH or HP series what is the difference 32 seconds ago
- › He-400 bass? 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 3 minutes ago
- › Premium closed back headphones recommendations ? 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › General use closed headphones that do not require an amp with... 7 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse