- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/14/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 1/14/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 24post #346 of 5025/5/11 at 5:56pmAre these headphone sound as good as ultrasone pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 5025/5/11 at 9:28pm
I'm seriously considering a set of these once they are officially released in the US. I know most people here speculate the price will be right around $200 but I wouldn't be that surprised if they were a bit cheaper than that considering the lower models can both be had for less than $100.post #348 of 5025/6/11 at 8:45ampost #349 of 5025/6/11 at 9:01ampost #350 of 5025/6/11 at 9:33ampost #351 of 5025/8/11 at 1:32ampost #352 of 5025/8/11 at 3:35ampost #353 of 5025/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #354 of 5025/11/11 at 12:31amInitial impression:
Bass is less bloated than the XB500 and goes much much deeper. Some tracks with sustained deep bass notes cause my eardrums to tickle! But with some pop tracks that contain only midbass but no deep bass, these phones do not make those tracks seem extra bassy at all. So these phones only emphasize deep bass, but upper to mid bass is not exaggerated. For much mainstream pop music I found the 500s to give overall a more bassy sound.
Secondly these phones can sound piercing with tracks that contain female vocals that are mixed hot.. I am a Grado fan. I find Grado brightness just right for me. These phones are magnitudes brighter than my Grado phones. I think these phones are geared towards vocalless trance or electronics music.
Comfort wise these phones are very comfortable. You can wear these for a long time but if the weather is hot your ears will be sweating under the phones.post #355 of 5025/11/11 at 6:08ampost #356 of 5025/11/11 at 6:49amQuote:
Nice. Let us know what ya think.post #357 of 5025/11/11 at 8:00ampost #358 of 5025/11/11 at 8:12am
I don't know about the Beats, but at the moment I'm still not preferring these to my D7000 or Pro900. The bass just isn't as big as I was hoping for. Yes it is deep, but it's missing something which I can't quite put my finger on yet.post #359 of 5025/11/11 at 8:17amQuote:
I think it's quite clear from your previous impression post you're missing the mid-bass hump. Looks like XB1000 takes the deep bass to a even further level than XB700, IMO XB700 was already too much focusing on deep bass <80Hz or so. Some like to get as much deep bass as possible, others want tight mid/upper bass and some may want an even bass response across the whole range etc, for you XB1000 seems to have too deep/slow/soft bass. The songs you listen to probably have bassnotes in the 80~120Hz or so range for example which is more common than say 30~50Hz which you'd find in dubstep and hardstyle etc where XB1000's bass comes alive. Deep bass say 30 ~ 60Hz is still a lot softer than midbass at 90 - 120Hz range. That's usually whereabouts the "impact" to the bass is best heard/felt.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 5/11/11 at 8:29ampost #360 of 5025/11/11 at 8:35am
I listen to a lot of dubstep and DnB so I like deep sub-bass in the region 30-80Hz a lot as well as powerful mid-bass punch. To me the XB1000 reproduces this low bass down to the lowest note, but it isn't that visceral. It has less of a rumble/vibration than Pro900s/D7000/XB700.
I need to do more testing.
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › IS THERE 7.1 FROM SONY, sennheiser.Technica FOR HEADPHONE? 2 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Nova 4 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 6 minutes ago
- › Anything have more soundstage than a Q701? 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice on some closed headphones for the office 7 minutes ago
- › Need Help From AudioPhiles 9 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 12 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 14 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...