- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/14/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 1/14/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 24post #346 of 4995/5/11 at 5:56pmAre these headphone sound as good as ultrasone pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 4995/5/11 at 9:28pm
I'm seriously considering a set of these once they are officially released in the US. I know most people here speculate the price will be right around $200 but I wouldn't be that surprised if they were a bit cheaper than that considering the lower models can both be had for less than $100.post #348 of 4995/6/11 at 8:45ampost #349 of 4995/6/11 at 9:01ampost #350 of 4995/6/11 at 9:33ampost #351 of 4995/8/11 at 1:32ampost #352 of 4995/8/11 at 3:35ampost #353 of 4995/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #354 of 4995/11/11 at 12:31amInitial impression:
Bass is less bloated than the XB500 and goes much much deeper. Some tracks with sustained deep bass notes cause my eardrums to tickle! But with some pop tracks that contain only midbass but no deep bass, these phones do not make those tracks seem extra bassy at all. So these phones only emphasize deep bass, but upper to mid bass is not exaggerated. For much mainstream pop music I found the 500s to give overall a more bassy sound.
Secondly these phones can sound piercing with tracks that contain female vocals that are mixed hot.. I am a Grado fan. I find Grado brightness just right for me. These phones are magnitudes brighter than my Grado phones. I think these phones are geared towards vocalless trance or electronics music.
Comfort wise these phones are very comfortable. You can wear these for a long time but if the weather is hot your ears will be sweating under the phones.post #355 of 4995/11/11 at 6:08ampost #356 of 4995/11/11 at 6:49amQuote:
Nice. Let us know what ya think.post #357 of 4995/11/11 at 8:00ampost #358 of 4995/11/11 at 8:12am
I don't know about the Beats, but at the moment I'm still not preferring these to my D7000 or Pro900. The bass just isn't as big as I was hoping for. Yes it is deep, but it's missing something which I can't quite put my finger on yet.post #359 of 4995/11/11 at 8:17amQuote:
I think it's quite clear from your previous impression post you're missing the mid-bass hump. Looks like XB1000 takes the deep bass to a even further level than XB700, IMO XB700 was already too much focusing on deep bass <80Hz or so. Some like to get as much deep bass as possible, others want tight mid/upper bass and some may want an even bass response across the whole range etc, for you XB1000 seems to have too deep/slow/soft bass. The songs you listen to probably have bassnotes in the 80~120Hz or so range for example which is more common than say 30~50Hz which you'd find in dubstep and hardstyle etc where XB1000's bass comes alive. Deep bass say 30 ~ 60Hz is still a lot softer than midbass at 90 - 120Hz range. That's usually whereabouts the "impact" to the bass is best heard/felt.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 5/11/11 at 8:29ampost #360 of 4995/11/11 at 8:35am
I listen to a lot of dubstep and DnB so I like deep sub-bass in the region 30-80Hz a lot as well as powerful mid-bass punch. To me the XB1000 reproduces this low bass down to the lowest note, but it isn't that visceral. It has less of a rumble/vibration than Pro900s/D7000/XB700.
I need to do more testing.
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Review: Philips Fidelio L1 [Updated 5/14] 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 too bright for violin recordings 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3