- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/14/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 1/14/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 24post #346 of 4995/5/11 at 5:56pmAre these headphone sound as good as ultrasone pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 4995/5/11 at 9:28pm
I'm seriously considering a set of these once they are officially released in the US. I know most people here speculate the price will be right around $200 but I wouldn't be that surprised if they were a bit cheaper than that considering the lower models can both be had for less than $100.post #348 of 4995/6/11 at 8:45ampost #349 of 4995/6/11 at 9:01ampost #350 of 4995/6/11 at 9:33ampost #351 of 4995/8/11 at 1:32ampost #352 of 4995/8/11 at 3:35ampost #353 of 4995/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #354 of 4995/11/11 at 12:31amInitial impression:
Bass is less bloated than the XB500 and goes much much deeper. Some tracks with sustained deep bass notes cause my eardrums to tickle! But with some pop tracks that contain only midbass but no deep bass, these phones do not make those tracks seem extra bassy at all. So these phones only emphasize deep bass, but upper to mid bass is not exaggerated. For much mainstream pop music I found the 500s to give overall a more bassy sound.
Secondly these phones can sound piercing with tracks that contain female vocals that are mixed hot.. I am a Grado fan. I find Grado brightness just right for me. These phones are magnitudes brighter than my Grado phones. I think these phones are geared towards vocalless trance or electronics music.
Comfort wise these phones are very comfortable. You can wear these for a long time but if the weather is hot your ears will be sweating under the phones.post #355 of 4995/11/11 at 6:08ampost #356 of 4995/11/11 at 6:49amQuote:
Nice. Let us know what ya think.post #357 of 4995/11/11 at 8:00ampost #358 of 4995/11/11 at 8:12am
I don't know about the Beats, but at the moment I'm still not preferring these to my D7000 or Pro900. The bass just isn't as big as I was hoping for. Yes it is deep, but it's missing something which I can't quite put my finger on yet.post #359 of 4995/11/11 at 8:17amQuote:
I think it's quite clear from your previous impression post you're missing the mid-bass hump. Looks like XB1000 takes the deep bass to a even further level than XB700, IMO XB700 was already too much focusing on deep bass <80Hz or so. Some like to get as much deep bass as possible, others want tight mid/upper bass and some may want an even bass response across the whole range etc, for you XB1000 seems to have too deep/slow/soft bass. The songs you listen to probably have bassnotes in the 80~120Hz or so range for example which is more common than say 30~50Hz which you'd find in dubstep and hardstyle etc where XB1000's bass comes alive. Deep bass say 30 ~ 60Hz is still a lot softer than midbass at 90 - 120Hz range. That's usually whereabouts the "impact" to the bass is best heard/felt.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 5/11/11 at 8:29ampost #360 of 4995/11/11 at 8:35am
I listen to a lot of dubstep and DnB so I like deep sub-bass in the region 30-80Hz a lot as well as powerful mid-bass punch. To me the XB1000 reproduces this low bass down to the lowest note, but it isn't that visceral. It has less of a rumble/vibration than Pro900s/D7000/XB700.
I need to do more testing.
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 36 seconds ago
- › Is there a science behind schematics? 44 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for classic music 2 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)