- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/14/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 1/14/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 24post #346 of 5025/5/11 at 5:56pmAre these headphone sound as good as ultrasone pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 5025/5/11 at 9:28pm
I'm seriously considering a set of these once they are officially released in the US. I know most people here speculate the price will be right around $200 but I wouldn't be that surprised if they were a bit cheaper than that considering the lower models can both be had for less than $100.post #348 of 5025/6/11 at 8:45ampost #349 of 5025/6/11 at 9:01ampost #350 of 5025/6/11 at 9:33ampost #351 of 5025/8/11 at 1:32ampost #352 of 5025/8/11 at 3:35ampost #353 of 5025/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #354 of 5025/11/11 at 12:31amInitial impression:
Bass is less bloated than the XB500 and goes much much deeper. Some tracks with sustained deep bass notes cause my eardrums to tickle! But with some pop tracks that contain only midbass but no deep bass, these phones do not make those tracks seem extra bassy at all. So these phones only emphasize deep bass, but upper to mid bass is not exaggerated. For much mainstream pop music I found the 500s to give overall a more bassy sound.
Secondly these phones can sound piercing with tracks that contain female vocals that are mixed hot.. I am a Grado fan. I find Grado brightness just right for me. These phones are magnitudes brighter than my Grado phones. I think these phones are geared towards vocalless trance or electronics music.
Comfort wise these phones are very comfortable. You can wear these for a long time but if the weather is hot your ears will be sweating under the phones.post #355 of 5025/11/11 at 6:08ampost #356 of 5025/11/11 at 6:49amQuote:
Nice. Let us know what ya think.post #357 of 5025/11/11 at 8:00ampost #358 of 5025/11/11 at 8:12am
I don't know about the Beats, but at the moment I'm still not preferring these to my D7000 or Pro900. The bass just isn't as big as I was hoping for. Yes it is deep, but it's missing something which I can't quite put my finger on yet.post #359 of 5025/11/11 at 8:17amQuote:
I think it's quite clear from your previous impression post you're missing the mid-bass hump. Looks like XB1000 takes the deep bass to a even further level than XB700, IMO XB700 was already too much focusing on deep bass <80Hz or so. Some like to get as much deep bass as possible, others want tight mid/upper bass and some may want an even bass response across the whole range etc, for you XB1000 seems to have too deep/slow/soft bass. The songs you listen to probably have bassnotes in the 80~120Hz or so range for example which is more common than say 30~50Hz which you'd find in dubstep and hardstyle etc where XB1000's bass comes alive. Deep bass say 30 ~ 60Hz is still a lot softer than midbass at 90 - 120Hz range. That's usually whereabouts the "impact" to the bass is best heard/felt.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 5/11/11 at 8:29ampost #360 of 5025/11/11 at 8:35am
I listen to a lot of dubstep and DnB so I like deep sub-bass in the region 30-80Hz a lot as well as powerful mid-bass punch. To me the XB1000 reproduces this low bass down to the lowest note, but it isn't that visceral. It has less of a rumble/vibration than Pro900s/D7000/XB700.
I need to do more testing.
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-4 32 seconds ago
- › New HTC 10--Audio Impressions 58 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 Headphone Review by mark2410 6 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 7 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...