- 28 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/14/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/14/11
- brandSonytagged by System, 1/14/11
- productSony mdr xb 1000tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 9/15/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 1/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphone Recommendations Last post on 11/24/11 at 9:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI-680 any good? Last post on 9/24/11 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good portable headphones??? Last post on 9/8/11 at 11:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG - Page 24post #346 of 5005/5/11 at 5:56pmAre these headphone sound as good as ultrasone pro 900?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 5005/5/11 at 9:28pm
I'm seriously considering a set of these once they are officially released in the US. I know most people here speculate the price will be right around $200 but I wouldn't be that surprised if they were a bit cheaper than that considering the lower models can both be had for less than $100.post #348 of 5005/6/11 at 8:45ampost #349 of 5005/6/11 at 9:01ampost #350 of 5005/6/11 at 9:33ampost #351 of 5005/8/11 at 1:32ampost #352 of 5005/8/11 at 3:35ampost #353 of 5005/8/11 at 6:21pmpost #354 of 5005/11/11 at 12:31amInitial impression:
Bass is less bloated than the XB500 and goes much much deeper. Some tracks with sustained deep bass notes cause my eardrums to tickle! But with some pop tracks that contain only midbass but no deep bass, these phones do not make those tracks seem extra bassy at all. So these phones only emphasize deep bass, but upper to mid bass is not exaggerated. For much mainstream pop music I found the 500s to give overall a more bassy sound.
Secondly these phones can sound piercing with tracks that contain female vocals that are mixed hot.. I am a Grado fan. I find Grado brightness just right for me. These phones are magnitudes brighter than my Grado phones. I think these phones are geared towards vocalless trance or electronics music.
Comfort wise these phones are very comfortable. You can wear these for a long time but if the weather is hot your ears will be sweating under the phones.post #355 of 5005/11/11 at 6:08ampost #356 of 5005/11/11 at 6:49amQuote:
Nice. Let us know what ya think.post #357 of 5005/11/11 at 8:00ampost #358 of 5005/11/11 at 8:12am
I don't know about the Beats, but at the moment I'm still not preferring these to my D7000 or Pro900. The bass just isn't as big as I was hoping for. Yes it is deep, but it's missing something which I can't quite put my finger on yet.post #359 of 5005/11/11 at 8:17amQuote:
I think it's quite clear from your previous impression post you're missing the mid-bass hump. Looks like XB1000 takes the deep bass to a even further level than XB700, IMO XB700 was already too much focusing on deep bass <80Hz or so. Some like to get as much deep bass as possible, others want tight mid/upper bass and some may want an even bass response across the whole range etc, for you XB1000 seems to have too deep/slow/soft bass. The songs you listen to probably have bassnotes in the 80~120Hz or so range for example which is more common than say 30~50Hz which you'd find in dubstep and hardstyle etc where XB1000's bass comes alive. Deep bass say 30 ~ 60Hz is still a lot softer than midbass at 90 - 120Hz range. That's usually whereabouts the "impact" to the bass is best heard/felt.
Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 5/11/11 at 8:29ampost #360 of 5005/11/11 at 8:35am
I listen to a lot of dubstep and DnB so I like deep sub-bass in the region 30-80Hz a lot as well as powerful mid-bass punch. To me the XB1000 reproduces this low bass down to the lowest note, but it isn't that visceral. It has less of a rumble/vibration than Pro900s/D7000/XB700.
I need to do more testing.
- Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 35 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 38 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-3 [Australia - New Zealand Tour] - Review and Impressions 56 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2