Well I just got these bad boys in the mail and think they are great, downside my ears are shaped super strange like and I have a very hard time finding the correct position to fit them in my ears along with the right tips. the sound if pretty goof for the price, I feel that they are a bit to bassy. nice case and packaging. I'll give them a week and if I don't like them send them back for a refund.over all just from the 20 min I've been listening to them I would give the sound a 6/10, build 7/10, comfort a 9/10*when they fit right* and over all value a 7/10 but like I said I will give them a week.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for iem's Last post on 9/27/12 at 10:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for budget IEMs for use in the gym Last post on 1/11/13 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Silicon tips like Klipsch S4 for UE TF 10 ? Last post on 10/10/12 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iem noob looking for suggestions Last post on 8/12/12 at 5:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
MEElectronics M6 mini reveiw.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
clear hahaha, low profile for school. as for the build they feel solid, and are very small so it seems like they would be hard to break.
Well I think I'm going to return them. Nothing wrong with the sound just the fit is so damn annoying, I cant get a proper seal on both sides, its either one or the other and it just sounds awfle like that.
I found the stock tips to be really dodgy in means of seal, so I had picked up a pack of Monster Supertips to try. The hybrids are way more comfortable compared to the stock tips, and the foam tips in the pack were even moreso. I am not one for foam tips but they did seal very nicely first try. Using these tips has even cut down the sometimes shrill highs that I get from my m6's.
I find when putting these in my ears, it is best to stick the tip into my canal with the guide tilted about 45 degrees towards my face. Insert the tip then turn the whole piece so that the guides hook my ear. As I do this I keep my mouth open to make sure the seal is deep.
Other than that, these are a nice set of iems for the budget minded.
Agreed, they're a great set of budget IEMs, my go-to pair especially while working out or commuting. I thankfully get a very good fit with the stock tips, so the seal has never been an issue. I do want to try out some foam tips, but I will in due time.
Apart from that, especially with the burn in, I personally feel that the sound has improved and smoothened considerably. These are second only to my Monster Turbines (which cost a LOT more) in terms of bass.
If you do return them, try the M9. I get a much better fit with those, and the sound is pretty good too ;)
- MEElectronics M6 mini reveiw.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 23 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 52 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version updated on 6/9, can balance... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Isone Pro - the best thing you could ever get for your headphones... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 2 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe