There are so many threads on these headphones with all kinds of opinions. It's unfortunate to start a new thread and then base your decision on the 3 people who respond. Most people have already said what they think about them.
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Full review of the Asura 2, Zen 2 & Duke here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/809154/review-venture-electronics-ve-asura-2-0-zen-2-0-duke-a-new-path-to-high-end-sound Sound: The...
ATH M50 for my music - Page 2post #16 of 201/14/11 at 6:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 201/14/11 at 10:59pmQuote:
Hes right, although i still love reading anything to do with the M50's ,,,, cause i lurve thempost #18 of 201/28/11 at 10:02pmThread Starterpost #19 of 201/29/11 at 12:43am
Just to throw my own 2-cents into the mix.
I own the M50s (a very satisfied listener) and have auditioned the SRH840's a couple times at the local Guitar Center. I know that's not the same as owning a pair, but it's better than nothing--I actually listened to the Shure's earlier today when I was comparing them against some Beyers.
In any case, the M50's are excellent all-around cans IMHO, and not limited to hip-hop fans or bassheads. There's been so much use of "recessed mids" to describe them, both here and in almost every other thread about the M50's. I think until you've heard neutral or even forward mids, you won't really understand how much of an exaggeration 'recessed' is. I will agree that the SRH840's sounded much more forward, the mids being very much apparent, but I think unless you're actively looking to hear out the mids, you won't be missing anything with the M50's.Granted, that's just another opinion, but if that's what you want to base your decision on, I highly suggest searching some of the other threads for more input on this same type of debate (i.e. SRH840 vs M50).
Some other things to consider that may/may not help your decision: the M50's are much more portable, being able to fold up should you ever want to carry them somewhere. The 840's are generally a little more uncomfortable for long-term use, but if you have sensitive ears, then the M50's may feel more uncomfortable because of the tighter headband (this can be stretched out though, and actually 840 pads can be used on the M50 to increase comfort). The 840's also have a detachable cord.post #20 of 201/29/11 at 1:18am
The answer to this thread is very simple, does the OP like neutral and balanced and natural sound, or bassy, warm, fun mainstream sound.
Here are the options-
Shure 840 - if you want balanced
AT m50 - if you want fun
Tier 2, next step up:
Beyer DT250 - if you want balanced
Beyer DT770 - if you want fun
How much you wanna spend determines what tier, and what sound signature you like determines the phone, it really is quite simple. I would personally go balanced sound for the types of music you listen to.
- ATH M50 for my music
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 36 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225e owner: SR325e vs PS500e vs RS2e - which way to upgrade? 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE400 for IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by kdub
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...