There are so many threads on these headphones with all kinds of opinions. It's unfortunate to start a new thread and then base your decision on the 3 people who respond. Most people have already said what they think about them.
Related Forum Threads
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Over-Ear Headphone and Amp Combo for a budget. Last post on 8/10/12 at 4:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Choosing over ear headphones under $200 Last post on 7/17/12 at 2:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...need some advice for buying a new over the ear head phones... Last post on 10/23/12 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Disclaimer Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible....
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
ATH M50 for my music - Page 2post #16 of 201/14/11 at 6:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 201/14/11 at 10:59pmQuote:
Hes right, although i still love reading anything to do with the M50's ,,,, cause i lurve thempost #18 of 201/28/11 at 10:02pmThread Starterpost #19 of 201/29/11 at 12:43am
Just to throw my own 2-cents into the mix.
I own the M50s (a very satisfied listener) and have auditioned the SRH840's a couple times at the local Guitar Center. I know that's not the same as owning a pair, but it's better than nothing--I actually listened to the Shure's earlier today when I was comparing them against some Beyers.
In any case, the M50's are excellent all-around cans IMHO, and not limited to hip-hop fans or bassheads. There's been so much use of "recessed mids" to describe them, both here and in almost every other thread about the M50's. I think until you've heard neutral or even forward mids, you won't really understand how much of an exaggeration 'recessed' is. I will agree that the SRH840's sounded much more forward, the mids being very much apparent, but I think unless you're actively looking to hear out the mids, you won't be missing anything with the M50's.Granted, that's just another opinion, but if that's what you want to base your decision on, I highly suggest searching some of the other threads for more input on this same type of debate (i.e. SRH840 vs M50).
Some other things to consider that may/may not help your decision: the M50's are much more portable, being able to fold up should you ever want to carry them somewhere. The 840's are generally a little more uncomfortable for long-term use, but if you have sensitive ears, then the M50's may feel more uncomfortable because of the tighter headband (this can be stretched out though, and actually 840 pads can be used on the M50 to increase comfort). The 840's also have a detachable cord.post #20 of 201/29/11 at 1:18am
The answer to this thread is very simple, does the OP like neutral and balanced and natural sound, or bassy, warm, fun mainstream sound.
Here are the options-
Shure 840 - if you want balanced
AT m50 - if you want fun
Tier 2, next step up:
Beyer DT250 - if you want balanced
Beyer DT770 - if you want fun
How much you wanna spend determines what tier, and what sound signature you like determines the phone, it really is quite simple. I would personally go balanced sound for the types of music you listen to.
- ATH M50 for my music
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › the frustrations of buying a new computer sound system. 28 seconds ago
- › Wish to trade a XLR ended DUM cable with a single ended cable for... 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 41 seconds ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 46 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 53 seconds ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 59 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Fidelio X2 vs HD598 vs K712 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...