I knew I wasn't the only one who thought the 840 was lacking in bass! :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/18/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/18/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 6post #76 of 38441/16/11 at 9:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 38441/16/11 at 9:54pm
UAH MY EYES!!!!!, what happened to the sleek black, utilitarian look of the Shure's.post #78 of 38441/16/11 at 9:55pmQuote:
that's because they are a studio monitor, not a bass can they are supposed to be detailed not bassy.post #79 of 38441/16/11 at 10:33pmQuote:
if you want bass and quality just downgrade about 10$ and get the srh750dj. 10$ was the only difference at my local best buy.
post #80 of 38441/17/11 at 12:15am
I do have to agree with some of the people here--now that I've seen the 940 a couple times, the silver just doesn't do it for me (and that's ironic because Argyris means "silver" in Greek). It's synonymous with lower midrange computer towers from about 2006 for me. Brushed silver metal is gorgeous. Silver plastic is anything but. This of course is all IMO.post #81 of 38441/17/11 at 12:58amQuote:
True, the SRH750DJ does bring a nice boost in bass. I just wish it retained the form factor and build quality of the SRH840 in the bargain. As it is, I find the SRH750DJ too uncomfortable (e.g. having too little swivel; too wide a headband arc; and too-shallow earpads with inferior, SRH440-grade stuffing) and too creaky to be practical for regular, extended listening.post #82 of 38441/17/11 at 1:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Argyris
I do have to agree with some of the people here--now that I've seen the 940 a couple times, the silver just doesn't do it for me (and that's ironic because Argyris means "silver" in Greek). It's synonymous with lower midrange computer towers from about 2006 for me. Brushed silver metal is gorgeous. Silver plastic is anything but. This of course is all IMO.
yea, brushed steel=sexy, silver plastic=sad old street walker.post #83 of 38441/17/11 at 7:42am
but guys, of they didn't change the headband, and simply added 4 bumps...wouldn't the people who complained of the pressure on the top of there head be yelping in pain...post #84 of 38441/17/11 at 8:06am
Just comparing the front and side views with my 840s, it looks like every piece is new. Oval outer cup areas, for instance. Headband looks different too (I mean besides the obvious "bumps").
The 840s don't really lack for bass for me. They're about equal to my Denons in the lower frequencies.post #85 of 38441/17/11 at 9:33am
I'm constantly amazed with all the different headphone designs out there. You'd think by now they'd know what constitutes a comfortable pair and just work on driver and enclosure design. After all, we buy them to listen to, not to look at.post #86 of 38441/17/11 at 10:13am
Well, there are differently-shaped heads to consider. And different applications (portable, head-banging, lying in bed, studio, office...). And very open vs. open vs. semi-open vs. closed-but-not-very-isolating vs. closed. And heavy vs. light. And circum-aural vs. supra-aural. And different materials. And driver sizes. And enclosure dampings and materials.post #87 of 38441/17/11 at 9:41pmQuote:
I too dislike the "metallic" look for plastic; it just looks cheap. "I'm just plastic, but I so wish I were metal!"post #88 of 38441/17/11 at 9:43pmpost #89 of 38441/17/11 at 10:44pmpost #90 of 38441/17/11 at 10:48pm
I favor the m50 over the 840 due to the headband actually being tailored to a real human head, unlike the Shure 840 which is tailored for something not human. Studio monitors should always be comfortable, no excuses. The Beyer DT150 was just insanely terrible in the headband and the Shure 840 was also pretty awful, both were shaped oddly and did not conform to the head well at all, put a lot of pressure at one spot at the top of your head, so its nice to see the new one has a more corrected shape...
...unlike this dt150
or the 840 thats not ^ that bad but still annoying
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 7 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 12 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › New Release - AKG K181 DJ Ultimate Edition, launching on Massdrop 29 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 37 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 40 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...