Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 5

post #61 of 3830

I love my 840s.  My most used phones.  I will almost definitely be picking these up provided the discount is similar to what you get off of 840 MSRP.

post #62 of 3830

so ugly.. so excited.. I've found me next headphones..

post #63 of 3830

shure didnt listen to anyone or learn a single thing from any shure headphone reviews posted online or in magazines.  Thats a shame.  

post #64 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by wordfool View Post

They look almost identical to the 840s, except in silver. The improved headband and velour pads will do a lot to improve the comfort compared to the 840s IMO... sound-wise the only improvement to the 840s I could see happening would be better imaging, less treble roll-off and perhaps a slight flattening of the bass response (since these are supposed to be reference phones).

 

Wonder if they'll offer velour pads for the 840s?


Who says the 840 has treble roll-off and a bass hump?  If more treble is the upgrade, then I worry it's just an attempt to enhance the sense of detail with exaggerated treble like all the other new "high-res" but soul free headphones.  We'll see though...



Agreed. More treble =/= more detail but it certainly gives that illusion, and a lot of people make that mistake. Then again, I tend to think most audiophile headphones are too heavy on the treble because I tend to listen at high volumes.

post #65 of 3830

Quote:

Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

shure didnt listen to anyone or learn a single thing from any shure headphone reviews posted online or in magazines.  Thats a shame.  

What makes you say that? People didn't like the exposed wires -- no more exposed wires. People didn't like the oppressive black plastic -- changed. People didn't like the headband -- different and padded. People didn't like the pleather -- velour now.

 

As for the sound, I didn't read too many complaints, and it really remains to be seen what the differences are.
 

post #66 of 3830

Im not so fond of the heaband and 100:1 it suffers from a "specific problem" as found on the 840/440 and 750dj. The DJ set looks nice, but that heaband again is just a terrible design idea for DJ use.   Makes no sense to use that but the overall design looks good, the other one however looks dreadful.  I do DJ in my spare time and know a great many DJs, I've never seen a DJ use the 750DJ due to their size.  So...shure didn't really learn much.

post #67 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater View Post

Im not so fond of the heaband and 100:1 it suffers from a "specific problem" as found on the 840/440 and 750dj.

 

100:1 odds huh?  Care to put a wager on that? Lol.  Seriously, I think it's a bit premature to condemn a headphone as being uncomfortable until someone actually TRIES it on.  Even then fit and comfort can be a bit of a subjective thing as some may find them more comfortable than others.

post #68 of 3830

i dont know why you guys think the srh750dj headphones are so uncomfortable on the headband. i have no problems with the headband. but the fact the ear cushions push against my head is a little painful. but it has no affects until about 3 hours of listening. overall i find them pretty comfortable. but like you said. when it comes to comfort it all goes down to what the said person prefers.

post #69 of 3830

I don't find my 840's uncomfortable at all. They're a tad insecure if I move quickly but moving at speed isn't something I'm guilty of. I really like the idea of a new top of the range Shure, but I'd rather they were in black. Silver's horrible.

post #70 of 3830

I don't use my 840s outside my home, they are my "good headphones" so I like to baby them. I also find that they are a bit heavy and will fall off if you move your head to much, so they aren't great for walking around with. This is a non-issue for me so the 940s could bea carbon copy with better sound and I would still be happy with them. I don't find the 840s uncomfortable at all.

 

Admittedly, if they could get the sound of the 840s into the aesthetic package of the 750DJs then I would cry tears of joy.

post #71 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by monterto View Post

I don't use my 840s outside my home, they are my "good headphones" so I like to baby them. I also find that they are a bit heavy and will fall off if you move your head to much, so they aren't great for walking around with. This is a non-issue for me so the 940s could bea carbon copy with better sound and I would still be happy with them. I don't find the 840s uncomfortable at all.

 

Admittedly, if they could get the sound of the 840s into the aesthetic package of the 750DJs then I would cry tears of joy.


interesting. from what i understand the 840's osund very balenced but have less bass then the srh750's right. i do like bass but i faver quality and like a balenced sound. i am very interested in the 940's as an upgrade from my srh750's.

post #72 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post


interesting. from what i understand the 840's osund very balenced but have less bass then the srh750's right. i do like bass but i faver quality and like a balenced sound. i am very interested in the 940's as an upgrade from my srh750's.



Doctor!  I think we've got a case of upgraditis here!biggrin.gif

post #73 of 3830

I love my 840s, but I always wished they had more bass. I really got used to and am enjoying the bass of my HD650 and M50. If only the 840 kept its detailed mids and added the bass of the M50, I'd love it to death. But it sounds like Shure is focusing on the other send of the spectrum from what Jude described.

post #74 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtz View Post

I love my 840s, but I always wished they had more bass. I really got used to and am enjoying the bass of my HD650 and M50. If only the 840 kept its detailed mids and added the bass of the M50, I'd love it to death. But it sounds like Shure is focusing on the other send of the spectrum from what Jude described.

 

Wow, I feel exactly the same way. With an abundance of head-fiers pegging the 840s as bassy -- even overly bassy -- I was beginning to think I was alone in thinking the above.

post #75 of 3830


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtz View Post

I love my 840s, but I always wished they had more bass. I really got used to and am enjoying the bass of my HD650 and M50. If only the 840 kept its detailed mids and added the bass of the M50, I'd love it to death. But it sounds like Shure is focusing on the other send of the spectrum from what Jude described.

 

Wow, I feel exactly the same way. With an abundance of head-fiers pegging the 840s as bassy -- even overly bassy -- I was beginning to think I was alone in thinking the above.



You can count me in too - I think the bass is the weakest area of the 840's performance.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread