Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 256

post #3826 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by achelgeson View Post
 

I have the K712, I can see why you'd say its similar sounding.

 

 

Really? Then the 1840 might be perfect for me, I like somewhat laid back sound without too much harshness in the treble, and while I love the 940s, they can be quite harsh sometimes. 

 

Yeah, they can be - but nothing compared to the HD800! I hate treble peaks and sibilance and that was bad even out of a tube amp for me.

post #3827 of 3830

so.

 

my shure srh940 just failed, in less than 3 months of careful use. GREAT!

 

i really like shure srh940 and i'm somewhat curious what other headphones can give me shure srh940 experience but i'm not going to touch any shure products anymore (depends on how they're handling the warranty) with a 10 mile pole as long as i still live in this part of asia -i'm somewhat still mad because they said it could take 3 months- that's the same if not longer than the time i've own the headphone.

 

i really like shure srh940 and i'm somewhat curious what other headphones can give me shure srh940 experience but i'm not going to touch any shure products with a 10 mile pole as long as i still live in this part of asia.

 

may i ask. is there anyone who's still visiting this thread regularly that have any recommendation for any headphones in any price range <$1000 that could replicate the MONSTROUS details, bright trebles, ("can hear the breath of the performer"-amazing female vocals-) i get from shure srh940...?

 

cheers.... :D:D


Edited by rovopio - 9/13/14 at 3:06pm
post #3828 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovopio View Post

 

may i ask. is there anyone who's still visiting this thread regularly that have any recommendation for any headphones in any price range <$1000 that could replicate the MONSTROUS details, bright trebles, ("can hear the breath of the performer"-amazing female vocals-) i get from shure srh940...?

 

cheers.... :D:D

Sorry to mention the hd800 even it's quite above the limit you mentioned. The fact is that I completely damaged the cable of it, and it's not so easy to get a new one from where I live.

Eh, even if you spend a lot, you realize there can be crappy parts.

post #3829 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post
 

Sorry to mention the hd800 even it's quite above the limit you mentioned. The fact is that I completely damaged the cable of it, and it's not so easy to get a new one from where I live.

Eh, even if you spend a lot, you realize there can be crappy parts.

 

i don't mind so much that it breaks as much as the the hellish experience with after sales service. nobody in their right mind should be forced to get mad just to get a decent service out of something they rightfully buy.

 

there's no point of having a warranty if there is little intention to honor it. i had to get mad for them to consider replacing / repairing / whatever-ing the headphone... and yet i still have to wait heaven knows how long for them to contact me back, and i have no means to contact them back either. (other than go to their office).

 

Yes they have a contact and email, but "service is not their division". so i have to go there if i want to ask for the progress.

 

amazing what little $350 means in some parts of the world

post #3830 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovopio View Post
 

so.

 

my shure srh940 just failed, in less than 3 months of careful use. GREAT!

 

i really like shure srh940 and i'm somewhat curious what other headphones can give me shure srh940 experience but i'm not going to touch any shure products anymore (depends on how they're handling the warranty) with a 10 mile pole as long as i still live in this part of asia -i'm somewhat still mad because they said it could take 3 months- that's the same if not longer than the time i've own the headphone.

 

i really like shure srh940 and i'm somewhat curious what other headphones can give me shure srh940 experience but i'm not going to touch any shure products with a 10 mile pole as long as i still live in this part of asia.

 

may i ask. is there anyone who's still visiting this thread regularly that have any recommendation for any headphones in any price range <$1000 that could replicate the MONSTROUS details, bright trebles, ("can hear the breath of the performer"-amazing female vocals-) i get from shure srh940...?

 

cheers.... :D:D

I think the T70p might fit the bill for you from my previous experience.
Though it was a really long time ago when I last compared it so do take my recommendation with a little salt.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread