Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 250

post #3736 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by KElyas View Post
 

 

Fatally flawed? How so?

Although I don't agree with the impressions, I can understand them. The SRH940 is extremely bright and unforgiving. They're also not of the best build quality. Still, I love them.

post #3737 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by KElyas View Post
 

 

Fatally flawed? How so?

They just sound very unreal to my ears. Bass is AWOL, treble is too much and mids are too thin. I've heard them many times on some pretty good gear and really wanted to like them...in the end, I prefer the SRH840s by a good margin.

post #3738 of 3830

Hi all,

 

Bought it from UK and cracked after two weeks.. Shure Italy replaced in just few days (excellent service). Now I handle 940 as the holy grail, I really love the sound but I can't stop to think how many days to the next crack? So.. a crown of thorns :(

post #3739 of 3830

I bought mine in Taiwan and had them replaced for three times. The last time (4th pair) I decided to sell them because the last three pair all suffered from cracked wings (due from being extended, in my case, to the 5 or 6 reading). I dunno if it's a single case scenario or what, but in my opinion these do fail eventually as long as you extend the wings. Best. 

post #3740 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric Moor View Post
 

Hi all,

 

Bought it from UK and cracked after two weeks.. Shure Italy replaced in just few days (excellent service). Now I handle 940 as the holy grail, I really love the sound but I can't stop to think how many days to the next crack? So.. a crown of thorns :(

I've never had this problem. Not sure what you guys are doing with yours. Do you put them in the case before putting them in your luggage?

post #3741 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post
 

I've never had this problem. Not sure what you guys are doing with yours. Do you put them in the case before putting them in your luggage?

I got the crack just wearing and moving a cup in a more comfortable position. Now I keep it totally closed.. small head here. Shure write: "For professional audio engineers and studio professionals" but I doubt about a long life of these headphones in a real studio where many different persons come and go and even worse.. touch :P 

post #3742 of 3830

Hmm, I wear mine at 9 on each side (if you check the numbers). Not sure if that makes a difference.

post #3743 of 3830
Then ur a lucky man, cause mine broke about a month or so when i stretched them out like that. BTW, i carry them safely.
post #3744 of 3830

the bigger you wear it the higher the chance of cracking I believe. But yours cracked at the smallest position? :confused:


Edited by streetdragon - 3/16/14 at 6:44pm
post #3745 of 3830
I'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.

I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoy them, which of course has led me to the 940.

For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?
post #3746 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.

I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoyethem, which if course has lead me to the 940.

For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?


Brighter. Not a "big" step up. I guess that depends on how you define big though.

post #3747 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post
 

the bigger you wear it the higher the chance of cracking I believe. But yours cracked at the smallest position? :confused:


I honestly have no idea how you could crack it. It's not the special fortified plastic they use in the HD800 but it's pretty strong plastic, and it seems stronger than the plastic I see in numerous other appliances. I don't mean to be critical, but I do suspect ham handed use.

post #3748 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post


Brighter. Not a "big" step up. I guess that depends on how you define big though.

I find the 440 fairly detailed as it is (especially for a $100 headphone) but what I'm hoping 940 is that upgrade from 440 I'm looking for. If you've heard both what areas do you think the 940 do better over a 440?
post #3749 of 3830
I really liked the SRH940 for detail retrieval, soundstage, and the forward midrange. It was probably my favourite headphone for rocking it out with rock music.
\m/(^_^)\m/
post #3750 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I find the 440 fairly detailed as it is (especially for a $100 headphone) but what I'm hoping 940 is that upgrade from 440 I'm looking for. If you've heard both what areas do you think the 940 do better over a 440?

 

It's a little better in every way, but it's also brighter which makes it hard to do a perfect comparison. More detail too. It just sounds better as you would expect it to. You should go to a Sam Ash music store where they have it on display and demo it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread