Although I don't agree with the impressions, I can understand them. The SRH940 is extremely bright and unforgiving. They're also not of the best build quality. Still, I love them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/18/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/18/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank Fiio very much for providing me with the opportunity to review the X5 iii. This review is part of Fiio’s tour, there is no monetary incentive for a positive...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 250post #3736 of 38443/11/14 at 1:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3737 of 38443/11/14 at 5:28pm
They just sound very unreal to my ears. Bass is AWOL, treble is too much and mids are too thin. I've heard them many times on some pretty good gear and really wanted to like them...in the end, I prefer the SRH840s by a good margin.post #3738 of 38443/15/14 at 9:17am
Bought it from UK and cracked after two weeks.. Shure Italy replaced in just few days (excellent service). Now I handle 940 as the holy grail, I really love the sound but I can't stop to think how many days to the next crack? So.. a crown of thorns :(post #3739 of 38443/15/14 at 10:27am
I bought mine in Taiwan and had them replaced for three times. The last time (4th pair) I decided to sell them because the last three pair all suffered from cracked wings (due from being extended, in my case, to the 5 or 6 reading). I dunno if it's a single case scenario or what, but in my opinion these do fail eventually as long as you extend the wings. Best.post #3740 of 38443/15/14 at 11:20amQuote:
I've never had this problem. Not sure what you guys are doing with yours. Do you put them in the case before putting them in your luggage?post #3741 of 38443/15/14 at 3:02pmQuote:
I got the crack just wearing and moving a cup in a more comfortable position. Now I keep it totally closed.. small head here. Shure write: "For professional audio engineers and studio professionals" but I doubt about a long life of these headphones in a real studio where many different persons come and go and even worse.. touch :Ppost #3742 of 38443/15/14 at 3:08pmpost #3743 of 38443/15/14 at 5:48pmpost #3744 of 38443/16/14 at 6:43pm
the bigger you wear it the higher the chance of cracking I believe. But yours cracked at the smallest position?
Edited by streetdragon - 3/16/14 at 6:44pmpost #3745 of 38443/18/14 at 9:33pmI'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.
I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoy them, which of course has led me to the 940.
For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?post #3746 of 38443/18/14 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
I'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.
I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoyethem, which if course has lead me to the 940.
For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?
Brighter. Not a "big" step up. I guess that depends on how you define big though.post #3747 of 38443/18/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
I honestly have no idea how you could crack it. It's not the special fortified plastic they use in the HD800 but it's pretty strong plastic, and it seems stronger than the plastic I see in numerous other appliances. I don't mean to be critical, but I do suspect ham handed use.post #3748 of 38443/18/14 at 9:39pmQuote:
I find the 440 fairly detailed as it is (especially for a $100 headphone) but what I'm hoping 940 is that upgrade from 440 I'm looking for. If you've heard both what areas do you think the 940 do better over a 440?post #3749 of 38443/18/14 at 9:41pmpost #3750 of 38443/18/14 at 9:43pmQuote:
It's a little better in every way, but it's also brighter which makes it hard to do a perfect comparison. More detail too. It just sounds better as you would expect it to. You should go to a Sam Ash music store where they have it on display and demo it.
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FS: JH Audio TriFi 10th Anniversary (Limited 1000 Japan) 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-XC vs MrSpeakers Ether C Flow 26 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by peter1480
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear