Although I don't agree with the impressions, I can understand them. The SRH940 is extremely bright and unforgiving. They're also not of the best build quality. Still, I love them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/18/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/18/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 250post #3736 of 38443/11/14 at 1:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3737 of 38443/11/14 at 5:28pm
They just sound very unreal to my ears. Bass is AWOL, treble is too much and mids are too thin. I've heard them many times on some pretty good gear and really wanted to like them...in the end, I prefer the SRH840s by a good margin.post #3738 of 38443/15/14 at 9:17am
Bought it from UK and cracked after two weeks.. Shure Italy replaced in just few days (excellent service). Now I handle 940 as the holy grail, I really love the sound but I can't stop to think how many days to the next crack? So.. a crown of thorns :(post #3739 of 38443/15/14 at 10:27am
I bought mine in Taiwan and had them replaced for three times. The last time (4th pair) I decided to sell them because the last three pair all suffered from cracked wings (due from being extended, in my case, to the 5 or 6 reading). I dunno if it's a single case scenario or what, but in my opinion these do fail eventually as long as you extend the wings. Best.post #3740 of 38443/15/14 at 11:20amQuote:
I've never had this problem. Not sure what you guys are doing with yours. Do you put them in the case before putting them in your luggage?post #3741 of 38443/15/14 at 3:02pmQuote:
I got the crack just wearing and moving a cup in a more comfortable position. Now I keep it totally closed.. small head here. Shure write: "For professional audio engineers and studio professionals" but I doubt about a long life of these headphones in a real studio where many different persons come and go and even worse.. touch :Ppost #3742 of 38443/15/14 at 3:08pmpost #3743 of 38443/15/14 at 5:48pmpost #3744 of 38443/16/14 at 6:43pm
the bigger you wear it the higher the chance of cracking I believe. But yours cracked at the smallest position?
Edited by streetdragon - 3/16/14 at 6:44pmpost #3745 of 38443/18/14 at 9:33pmI'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.
I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoy them, which of course has led me to the 940.
For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?post #3746 of 38443/18/14 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
I'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.
I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoyethem, which if course has lead me to the 940.
For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?
Brighter. Not a "big" step up. I guess that depends on how you define big though.post #3747 of 38443/18/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
I honestly have no idea how you could crack it. It's not the special fortified plastic they use in the HD800 but it's pretty strong plastic, and it seems stronger than the plastic I see in numerous other appliances. I don't mean to be critical, but I do suspect ham handed use.post #3748 of 38443/18/14 at 9:39pmQuote:
I find the 440 fairly detailed as it is (especially for a $100 headphone) but what I'm hoping 940 is that upgrade from 440 I'm looking for. If you've heard both what areas do you think the 940 do better over a 440?post #3749 of 38443/18/14 at 9:41pmI really liked the SRH940 for detail retrieval, soundstage, and the forward midrange. It was probably my favourite headphone for rocking it out with rock music.
\m/(^_^)\m/post #3750 of 38443/18/14 at 9:43pmQuote:
It's a little better in every way, but it's also brighter which makes it hard to do a perfect comparison. More detail too. It just sounds better as you would expect it to. You should go to a Sam Ash music store where they have it on display and demo it.
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Discussion on MEE P1 and Burn In 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 10 minutes ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 13 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...