Although I don't agree with the impressions, I can understand them. The SRH940 is extremely bright and unforgiving. They're also not of the best build quality. Still, I love them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/18/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 1/18/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 12/15/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 1/26/11
- productShure SRH 940tagged by System, 1/20/11
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone else actually prefer the Shure SRH940s over their younger brother 840s? Last post on 12/11/11 at 9:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which of these headphones are the best for me... Last post on 1/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 250post #3736 of 38443/11/14 at 1:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3737 of 38443/11/14 at 5:28pm
They just sound very unreal to my ears. Bass is AWOL, treble is too much and mids are too thin. I've heard them many times on some pretty good gear and really wanted to like them...in the end, I prefer the SRH840s by a good margin.post #3738 of 38443/15/14 at 9:17am
Bought it from UK and cracked after two weeks.. Shure Italy replaced in just few days (excellent service). Now I handle 940 as the holy grail, I really love the sound but I can't stop to think how many days to the next crack? So.. a crown of thorns :(post #3739 of 38443/15/14 at 10:27am
I bought mine in Taiwan and had them replaced for three times. The last time (4th pair) I decided to sell them because the last three pair all suffered from cracked wings (due from being extended, in my case, to the 5 or 6 reading). I dunno if it's a single case scenario or what, but in my opinion these do fail eventually as long as you extend the wings. Best.post #3740 of 38443/15/14 at 11:20amQuote:
I've never had this problem. Not sure what you guys are doing with yours. Do you put them in the case before putting them in your luggage?post #3741 of 38443/15/14 at 3:02pmQuote:
I got the crack just wearing and moving a cup in a more comfortable position. Now I keep it totally closed.. small head here. Shure write: "For professional audio engineers and studio professionals" but I doubt about a long life of these headphones in a real studio where many different persons come and go and even worse.. touch :Ppost #3742 of 38443/15/14 at 3:08pmpost #3743 of 38443/15/14 at 5:48pmpost #3744 of 38443/16/14 at 6:43pm
the bigger you wear it the higher the chance of cracking I believe. But yours cracked at the smallest position?
Edited by streetdragon - 3/16/14 at 6:44pmpost #3745 of 38443/18/14 at 9:33pmI'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.
I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoy them, which of course has led me to the 940.
For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?post #3746 of 38443/18/14 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by H20Fidelity
I'm going to come into this thread like a total noob.
I own Shure 440 and wondering if the 940 are a big step up? I'm also wondering if the 940 is bright like the 440, or maybe even brighter? I find the 440 tonality perfect and very much enjoyethem, which if course has lead me to the 940.
For anyone who's owned the 440 and 940 what kind of an upgrade am I expecting?
Brighter. Not a "big" step up. I guess that depends on how you define big though.post #3747 of 38443/18/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
I honestly have no idea how you could crack it. It's not the special fortified plastic they use in the HD800 but it's pretty strong plastic, and it seems stronger than the plastic I see in numerous other appliances. I don't mean to be critical, but I do suspect ham handed use.post #3748 of 38443/18/14 at 9:39pmQuote:
I find the 440 fairly detailed as it is (especially for a $100 headphone) but what I'm hoping 940 is that upgrade from 440 I'm looking for. If you've heard both what areas do you think the 940 do better over a 440?post #3749 of 38443/18/14 at 9:41pmpost #3750 of 38443/18/14 at 9:43pmQuote:
It's a little better in every way, but it's also brighter which makes it hard to do a perfect comparison. More detail too. It just sounds better as you would expect it to. You should go to a Sam Ash music store where they have it on display and demo it.
- Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 43 seconds ago
- › LZ-A3 Impressions and Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Ie800 check 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Energy Distortion of STAX and other phones with... 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...