or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 143

post #2131 of 3844

 

That's true... you can't go wrong wth a flacship with rusty nails of treble in your skull.

 

 

Yes, this is the highest level of audio fidelity Shure employees could create, that's the reality of the situation, "haters gonna hate".

 

 

post #2132 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

That's true... you can't go wrong wth a flacship with rusty nails of treble in your skull.

 

 

Yes, this is the highest level of audio fidelity Shure employees could create, that's the reality of the situation, "haters gonna hate".

 

 



UshNE.pngThat took me like 5 hours in photoshop, give me some credit.

post #2133 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

That's true... you can't go wrong wth a flacship with rusty nails of treble in your skull.

 

 

Yes, this is the highest level of audio fidelity Shure employees could create, that's the reality of the situation, "haters gonna hate".

 

 



My grado's don't even do that. What makes you think these do?

post #2134 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post


Hold your wild horses there fella, k701? Voted the most overrated headphone on head-fi, ever. SRH-940? 'voted' the best new portable headphone, under $1000. ;)


 


You gotta be kidding me?....I must have missed that vote...maybe under $100 and I might agree with you. tongue.gif But I stand on my tonality claims, the SRH940s are the K701s without the wide soundstaging.

 

post #2135 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


You gotta be kidding me?....I must have missed that vote...maybe under $100 and I might agree with you. tongue.gif But I stand on my tonality claims, the SRH940s are the K701s without the wide soundstaging.

 


Wouldn't it be under $300 as thats what they cost?

 

post #2136 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post


Wouldn't it be under $300 as thats what they cost?

 



Sorry, I just don't like these cans...so $100 it is for me.

post #2137 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



Sorry, I just don't like these cans...so $100 it is for me.



You honestly think they are that bad of value?

post #2138 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post

 

No I'm pretty certain I will buy the srh940s. Something about owning the highest level I find enticing. Also it has a lot of treble and that's what I want.

 

If the 840s sound bass heavy and don't have nearly enough treble to get you going you'll probably like them. The 940s are quite a bit faster, and they'll definitely let you feel a snare hit.

 

For metal though? Not really the best presentation, it's like putting Cannibal Corpse in The Metropolitan Opera house.
 

 

post #2139 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post


Wouldn't it be under $300 as thats what they cost?

 


Depends if you prefer the srh840.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


You gotta be kidding me?....I must have missed that vote...maybe under $100 and I might agree with you. tongue.gif But I stand on my tonality claims, the SRH940s are the K701s without the wide soundstaging.

 

 

So if I  follow your logic, you'd say that the k701 also is not worth more than 100$ ?

post #2140 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post



You honestly think they are that bad of value?



I preferred the M50s and 840s...so yes. I'd rather take the beyer DT1350s in the same price range...and you get more portability.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post


Depends if you prefer the srh840.


 

 

So if I  follow your logic, you'd say that the k701 also is not worth more than 100$ ?


And yes again...if you don't like gear, then why buy it? (BTW, I did own the K701s for about a year or so).

 

post #2141 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200poundsofamp View Post

 

If the 840s sound bass heavy and don't have nearly enough treble to get you going you'll probably like them. The 940s are quite a bit faster, and they'll definitely let you feel a snare hit.

 

For metal though? Not really the best presentation, it's like putting Cannibal Corpse in The Metropolitan Opera house.
 

 

It's not that they don't get me going it's just i feel the midbass over powers everything else. The highs are rather recessed and you can tell they are mids focused headphones. I prefer flat bass, flat mids, boasted treble. That is what i have found sounds best to me and makes metal music especially guitars shine.
 

 

post #2142 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



I preferred the M50s and 840s...so yes. I'd rather take the beyer DT1350s in the same price range...and you get more portability.


 


And yes again...if you don't like gear, then why buy it? (BTW, I did own the K701s for about a year or so).

 



Yes but those are considered to sound better then headphones in the $300 range.

post #2143 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post



Yes but those are considered to sound better then headphones in the $300 range.



By whom? I would think they all sound in the $300 range...some better and some worse.

post #2144 of 3844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post

It's not that they don't get me going it's just i feel the midbass over powers everything else. The highs are rather recessed and you can tell they are mids focused headphones. I prefer flat bass, flat mids, boasted treble. That is what i have found sounds best to me and makes metal music especially guitars shine.
 

 

 

Yeah the srh940 will make the guitar shine, if that's what you want in particular.
 

 

post #2145 of 3844

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPuppy View Post

UshNE.png


flacship_hd800.jpg

 


 

 


Edited by kiteki - 11/6/11 at 6:32pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread