Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread - Page 14

post #196 of 3830

Smart-ass answer:

 

Sometime between the Vernal Equinox and the Summer Solstice of 2011.

 

I can't resist...

post #197 of 3830

Scottish answer:

 

Who knows?

post #198 of 3830

i lost my patience and bought myself a pair of hd25-1 ii lol but ill still be keeping my eyes on the 940s if it matches up against pro 900 ill get this one

post #199 of 3830
post #200 of 3830


Looks like between the two it'll be early to mid march...

 

I think I can wait that long



 

post #201 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post


You may be in luck, eucariote.  Treble presence is increased, and extension improved, in the SRH-940, versus the SRH-840.  For my preferences, I'm not sure I prefer the treble boost (relative to the SRH-840) that came with the pre-production SRH-940 I have.

 

Any idea if the production SRH940 will be any different? Did Shure bother keeping you in the loop, after getting your feedback?


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post


You may be in luck, eucariote.  Treble presence is increased, and extension improved, in the SRH-940, versus the SRH-840.  For my preferences, I'm not sure I prefer the treble boost (relative to the SRH-840) that came with the pre-production SRH-940 I have.

 

I also don't know that the SRH-940 is going to be viewed universally as a step up over the SRH-840.  Like the HD600/650 thing--where some prefer one over the other--I think the pair of these SHUREs will be viewed similarly (not in terms of sonic signature pairs, only that it'll be a matter of preferences).

 

Mh, but still, preferences set aside, one model must be more neutral than the other. So which one would make for the better pair of monitoring headphones?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

 


I'm only now starting to do more comparisons between the two.  I tried to stick to the SRH-940, to let it stand on its own at first.

 

Only, since then, having read Jude's sacrilegious words, they kidnapped him, tortured him, and installed a mental block deep in his mind so that he'd never be able to dare more heretical comparisons.

post #202 of 3830


     Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanafuda View Post

It looks like maybe the wire routing to the cups is all internal now? That would be a major aesthetic/design improvement over the 840. Never can tell from promo pics though.


That is what it looks like to me as well. For me that will make it worth the wait for those to come out instead of going with the 840s. If they get snagged on something you run the risk of permanent damage to your phones, but these look more robust.

 

Today some official retailers have dropped the MSRP from $199.99 to about $129.99

 

http://www.shure.com/americas/news-events/coming-soon/srh940-professional-reference-headphones says the new product line should be out in Spring 2011.


Edited by TrueFunkSolider - 3/7/11 at 1:38pm
post #203 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Mh, but still, preferences set aside, one model must be more neutral than the other. So which one would make for the better pair of monitoring headphones?.


Shure answers that question here. They claim that the 940 is flatter than the 840

 

http://shure.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4060/~/srh940-and-srh840-comparison

 

post #204 of 3830

i just recently picked up the shure srh840 and i love them. i did a trade with the store for my shure srh750dj and got the srh840s in return. they were both the same price because the shure srh840 was on sale from 199.99 for 129.99. so i went for it. and i like the shure srh840 much better then the 750dj. but i am curious if there will be any significant improvement between the shure srh840 and the shure srh940. and do the shure srh840 need an amp?

post #205 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFunkSolider View Post




Shure answers that question here. They claim that the 940 is flatter than the 840

 

http://shure.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4060/~/srh940-and-srh840-comparison

 

 

According to this article and that one, as well as the graph below, the 440 is already flatter than the 840.

 

graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=913&graphID[]=2811&graphID[]=2801
 

 

 

Edited by Sinocelt - 3/5/11 at 9:55pm
post #206 of 3830

well,

 

very interesting headphone! I love my SRH-840, as it is the only headphone I really liked so far. I've tried many headphones for years. I've had AKG, Ultrasone, Sennheiser, Sony, Beyerdynamic and more... but this Shure was the only one to fully satisfy me. (allthough the AKG K701 was really nice too, but I had no gear to drive it properly).

 

I'm naturally very interested in this Headphone... But did I see it right that the MSRP is around 349$? That is a hell of a lot more expensive then the SRH-840....

 

 

post #207 of 3830

It's early to tell. I can see one store in Sweden who has listed the SRH 940. The price is about the same when the SRH 840 were new.  
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthaman View Post

well,

 

very interesting headphone! I love my SRH-840, as it is the only headphone I really liked so far. I've tried many headphones for years. I've had AKG, Ultrasone, Sennheiser, Sony, Beyerdynamic and more... but this Shure was the only one to fully satisfy me. (allthough the AKG K701 was really nice too, but I had no gear to drive it properly).

 

I'm naturally very interested in this Headphone... But did I see it right that the MSRP is around 349$? That is a hell of a lot more expensive then the SRH-840....

 

 



 

post #208 of 3830

yea when they sell its gonna be 199$ then itl prolly go down after 6months or a year :)


 

post #209 of 3830
Quote:
Originally Posted by diodiel View Post

yea when they sell its gonna be 199$ then itl prolly go down after 6months or a year :)


 



They're currently 299.  I am so curious, and kind of in the market for a new portable but 299 is probably too much.  If they dropped to 199 anytime soon I would certainly give these a shot.

post #210 of 3830

oh yea i meant 299 sorry hehehe


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH 940 impression and support thread